Pod Your Reef

Hey! Summer Summer! Smedric Shmiggory's - an ADA 60-F - reef ledge style!

milk

a few more surprises in store as well... and...... i might have to get rid of my chromis :(

Not playing nicely with your new pipefish?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your plate looks like it has palys and mushrooms on it. Maybe it's the lights. :P

And your tank looks very good. See if you can remove the glare in the photos though. I keep on thinking the glass has oil on it.

Not playing nicely with your new pipefish?

i guess the bioload isn't a problem because I feed tremendously and have 4 fish - that alage scrubber barely bats an eyelash. But due to Mr. Chromis' swimming behavior, I find he wants to spread his wings in more space, but is confined by the smaller tank. He gets along as a model citizen with everyone, and usually glides along either pecking at pods or letting food shoot into his mouth from the powerhead.. just kind of depressing.. l..o..l..

Your plate looks like it has palys and mushrooms on it. Maybe it's the lights. :P

And your tank looks very good. See if you can remove the glare in the photos though. I keep on thinking the glass has oil on it.

Thank ya! beets, large grain cous cous and cheese quesadillas!

I'll try to get a video up with a flatter, matte finish to clean that up. My glass needs cleaning though, probably oil smears from pressing my big nose against the glass, investigating.

so i've had a red mandarin for a little while, and just so happened to see her today ripping into a huge piece of rods food that was the size of her head! she was quite fat when I got her at the store, and I can see why..

Thanks for the sump comment j! i'll thank all my grungy gunky lake diving for inspiration out here in the midwest...

new new new!

28tjtc4.jpg

358sy9h.jpg

k3aywj.jpg

dirty glass to make cool pic

sq3zx2.jpg

Top D

5bix4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hey - I've been out in the world for some time so I wasn't with my tank. Remarkably, my wonderful mother and tank keeper has only been doing very very little maintenance on the tank, basically just cleaning off my algae scrubber every so often and replacing a bulb, keeping the ATO filled and throwing in small pellets like once a week.

Unfortunately when I came back my display was absolutely smothered in agressive macroalgae, and I lost a lot of coral do to these conditions, yet all the fish and inverts have survived, and are actually thriving. My mandarin is as fat as an egg. I was really on the fence about just getting out of the hobby completely for awhile due to my foggy future, but decided that this incredible hobby of mine has been such an inspiration and stress reliever. Figured I had most of the equipment and needs to get another tank going.

All things aside, I got my own place and will upgrading to a 30 breeder (already got the tank). I'll be transferring everything in the upcoming weeks, I may be jumping on with another build thread. On my way to get some lumber to build a stand tonight, oh BB.

Hey thank man - I'm giving it to a friend - next system is going to be sumpless with just an HOB algae scrubber + HOB fuge. makin it work

milkamus prime! glad to see you back and not out!

Hey thanks Master Ben! - You're telling me! Ah, it sounds corny, but I saw a beautiful ocellaris at a LFS when I got back to Chicago and knew I'd be back lol.

pic of stand build in progress for new 30 breeder!

2mgs58m.jpg

the drooling has already started.

lol - nano-reef, or should I say nano-book, has changed quite a bit since I was last here, so I liked your post!

Archived