Coral Vue Hydros

Hey! Summer Summer! Smedric Shmiggory's - an ADA 60-F - reef ledge style!

milk

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so - caught the lil guy snoozing in front of the tank as I did my nightly scan after a few hours of lights off... opening and closing his mouth in half second increments, well... like a fish lol. The color change is pretty incredible too.

2afesu0.jpg

so when do we get to see the new sump?

Jr! it hasn't come around yet! - waiting for that sweet $/gal sale! (which should be coming very soon my insiders do tell)

Love your stand. Did you make that yourself?

Oh that old thang? well I stucco-ed it.. other than that it was an appliance stand I suped up for the tank - i'm glad you like it!

Let me guess, you've seen every episode of game of thrones at least twice?

haha why? because my pic looks like john snow lol. I've actually only seen the first 3 epps.. i've been reading the book, then every 150 pages or so, will watch an episode.

Man, somehow I've missed seeing this tank. Way cool and well done Mr. milk!

spank you before i thank you!

Oh btw, unrelated to reefing - but i just finished a new song - its indian/opera/ trap music fusion -

check it out here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSTELKPnduI

haha why? because my pic looks like john snow lol. I've actually only seen the first 3 epps.. i've been reading the book, then every 150 pages or so, will watch an episode

The first episode is "winter is here" I think. Assumed it was a reference. Cool dragonet. I want one.

The first episode is "winter is here" I think. Assumed it was a reference. Cool dragonet. I want one.

Haha! your right! winter is coming is the stark house phrase - its funny because i made that title long before I knew what a stark was - but now it is relevant!

yeah he is an awesome dragonette- got lucky on a good deal - $28 for a spotted ORA mandarin that was eating pellets at the store... cha-ching.

yeah he is an awesome dragonette- got lucky on a good deal - $28 for a spotted ORA mandarin that was eating pellets at the store... cha-ching.

thats not fair

Yeah, it looks pretty sick. What's that, that you used?

stucco is just a style of wall covering or thick, textured paint - you can find it at home depot etc. A lot of Mediterranean cultures use it on buildings to keep their houses cooler.

sweet tank

I like how packed it is--those 60-Fs are awesome too

thanks guff! - i really can't pack anymore - i think i might add some macroalgae if i see anything that catches my eye - but its hard to find that stuff, mostly have to order online.

60-f was the perfect dimension for what i was trying to do.

good look in the lounge too!

My poor mandarin jumped out of the tank while I was away for the long weekend. Very sad, what a great fish that responded so well to the prepared foods training.

I can't think about losing another fish like this again - going to build a cover, probably netting, over the top . The search begins for a design that will blend with the tank's rimless look and not obscure or distract from viewing.

Wow sorry for the loss milk. Such a beautiful fish

thanks guys - never saw any startled behavior from this fish either - not sure when I will get another one.

Oh no, sorry to hear this. Such a bummer. I was following to see how well your mandarin did before I added one to my rimless. :-(

well, hope that answered some questions lol. I've seen some pretty clean designs for rimless coverings using clear gridded netting - I might get something done this weekend!

So my clownfish of almost 6 months has what looks like peeling skin on the area just in front of the dorsal fin on the top of his head. I was away for the long weekend, and have not noticed any sort of formation, other signs of alarm, etc before I left. I watch my tank very closely everyday, check chemistry once a week, and everything has been stable, nothing has changed in my routine since the 6 months I've had the tank.

I understand that bacterial/ viral infection can manifest quite rapidly, and show physical symptoms if not faster, but the fish appears fine, is acting normal, hosting, eating well, responding normally with begging as I walk up to the tank.

It appears to be just on the epidermal layer of skin, it does not appear to go deeper into the flesh, and there is no goo, mucus or any other substance thats spreading. It really looks like a mild abrasion, or bite. I only have a clown goby and a damsel in the tank, as well as a few small hermits and a cleaner shrimp. All tolerate eachother wonderfully and peacefully.

Its hard to tell from the pics, but I looked into Brooklynella diagnosis which is supposed to be a disease associated closely to clownfish. The symptoms describe lethargy and mucus associated with the wound.

I know that disease/parasites can get into open wounds quickly if not treated.

Any advice would be lovely!

34zg00i.jpg

w20ivs.jpg

Archived