Innovative Marine Aquariums

Hey! Summer Summer! Smedric Shmiggory's - an ADA 60-F - reef ledge style!

milk

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love your tank. Where did you order your ADA from?

Thanks my man - i dont remember what site, but it was hard to find one last year because of the tsunami that set back production in japan. I remember searching for awhile before i found it though..

W.e was on the clownfish head seems to be healing.. Turning back to orange and not as torn looking.. No idea what exactly happened!

clownfish has completely healed after added garlic supplement to her rations..

and! Tank is officially 6 months old, yeehaw! celebrated with a shave, some exquisitely aged brie cheese and a nice big water change today!

r29ct0.jpg

24bkeg5.jpg

24dg9yu.jpg

205z4og.jpg

2ce6gc5.jpg

woohoo!

That is one packed and good looking tank!! Congrats on the 6 mos.

thanks! of course it hasn't been without its highs and lows! Highs being electrocuted, lows being the countless hours of contemplative thought its given me about our fragile existence!

gets better and better man. still my favorite reef ;)

thats awesome man! i want to add some macro to it (already started below the green acro on the right!)

Wow this is amazing. Packed with such a diverse selection of coral.

Very nicely done.

Isaac

packed! i feel silly trying to look for room to put stuff now - maybe start fragging?!

Spirofucci
thanks! of course it hasn't been without its highs and lows! Highs being electrocuted, lows being the countless hours of contemplative thought its given me about our fragile existence!

I often find myself contemplating the meaning of life and the cosmos as I stare into my tank!

I often find myself contemplating the meaning of life and the cosmos as I stare into my tank!

Hahah I have the same feeling. Kinda like we are playing God yea know

July's tank of the month right here. I'm calling it.

wow - what a blessing. and thank you for the admiration, but my tank is young and mischievous, not quite the mature heart that legends are written about.

Uh oh... the government may make tanks illegal soon!

Hahah I have the same feeling. Kinda like we are playing God yea know

god... or Odell Down Under...... anyone? anyone?

packed! i feel silly trying to look for room to put stuff now - maybe start fragging?!

No, no. Not time to frag. There's still a couple inches yet to fill in. Lol!

It really is a cool tank and having so many types of corals in the tank and it

look so good is a job well done! Your doing something right.

I agree on the TOTM post above. Surely worthy of it!

lol - wow - its a complicated realitionship, but i'm just adapting because this tank has a life of its own. I started out with one idea and it took on an entirely different path - so things got stuffed.

but I definitely took something from nor_cal because I bumped up my water change regime to about 40-50% every two weeks, small changes in between. My chemistry was fine but my calcium began to drop slightly.

but thank you my friend!

think I'm going to fill that space with some display macro algae!

• 2 weeks later...

So been thinkin of gettin rid of my huuge pagoda cup coral as its just a massive skeleton taking up a lot of room and i feel as if im not giving it the right room to grow out beculause of the cramped tank i already have.. Knew this day would eventually come. I also got a beautiful purple tentacle torch that really is one of my favorite coral.. I want to give it room to grow and sway

Anyone in chicago looking for a fatty cup coral? Perfectly circular!

wow ---- i can't believe it - but I have the bug again.. and this time it is coming in form of a bigger tank. $hhh!!!eeeeet!

I love shallow tank and well.. and ... 48" x 20" x 10"!!! I want to build it this weekend oh geez. I don't know if I will do it acrylic or glass.. any idea how a tank of those dimensions would cost to custom build?

jedimasterben

Custom build? Quite a bit. You'd need 1/2" thick glass, not sure about acrylic (I wouldn't do acrylic, IMO). I just set up my 48x24x16 tank, it's freakin' sweet. 10" is a bit too shallow for me, 16 is juuuuuusssttttt right.

Custom build? Quite a bit. You'd need 1/2" thick glass, not sure about acrylic (I wouldn't do acrylic, IMO). I just set up my 48x24x16 tank, it's freakin' sweet. 10" is a bit too shallow for me, 16 is juuuuuusssttttt right.

whats pimpin - that sounds nice - how much did the tank run you? Those are fantastic dimensions!

jedimasterben
whats pimpin - that sounds nice - how much did the tank run you? Those are fantastic dimensions!

I paid $250 with tax, but I got a steep discount from the LFS and had trade-in credit on top of that. It is a Deep Blue Professional 80g rimless frag tank with starphire glass, my LFS sells them for $600. The one with normal glass should retail for $350-400. Most LFS should be able to order them for you. They are predrilled with a corner overflow, andthey use black silicone and are dead sexy - check it out in my thread, I finally got the tank up and running, though I had to pull my fish back into my old tank to begin an ich treatment. Lost my kole tang. :(

jedi - the tank looks amazing -- really really cool perspective away from the regular rectangular dimensions . I would like my tank to be sligggghtly more shallow - but thats just about it - probably can't build it soon, but maybe next year!

sorry to hear about the ich - i wonder how common ich is on the real reef in the wild

Archived