inTank Media Baskets

NEW FISH

HIIHDesign

I have a YWG, 2 clowns and a cleaner shrimp, what would look nice with those guys, i want a bigger fish but not to aggressive and who will do his daily business in a different level of the tank than the goby and the clowns.

Much appreciated

depends on the size of your tank which was not mentioned but a 6line is usually an active, if mean fish.

Any kind of wrasse actually.

It says it in my signature lol i figured i wouldnt write it in the message. I had a Sixline wrasse but i bought him for really cheap because he wasnt healthy, I wanted to see if he would survive but he died maybe 4 months later during a move, i was sad..

I think wrasses will be really aggressive towards my YWG in my opinion, dont you think?

I have a Filamented Fin Wrasse in my 20L. I also have 2 different Gobies Yellow Rose/Hi Fin and a Shark Nose,1 Barnacle Blenny and a Cherub Angel. I know that sounds like allot of fish in a 20 and it is but I have a large sump and I chose these based on their size and needs. All get along fine.

Actually the Shark Nose Goby is a cleaner Goby and my Filamented fin wrasse lets it clean it. It is really interesting to watch this relationship.

Any of your Fairy and Flasher Wrasses should be fine. Coris wrasse are a good choice as well since they are willing to consume pests such as nudibranchs that can kill Zoas and SPS's. I would not recommend a 6 line wrasse they tend to get aggressive over time. I would also consider a Dwarf Angel. If you have corals this would be with a caution since some tend to nip corals. I find the Coral Beauty to be the best choice here. My experience with them has been great. My Cherub is cool but it is a nipper and they are smaller than the Coral Beauty.

I have a Filamented Fin Wrasse in my 20L. I also have 2 different Gobies Yellow Rose/Hi Fin and a Shark Nose,1 Barnacle Blenny and a Cherub Angel. I know that sounds like allot of fish in a 20 and it is but I have a large sump and I chose these based on their size and needs. All get along fine.

Actually the Shark Nose Goby is a cleaner Goby and my Filamented fin wrasse lets it clean it. It is really interesting to watch this relationship.

Any of your Fairy and Flasher Wrasses should be fine. Coris wrasse are a good choice as well since they are willing to consume pests such as nudibranchs that can kill Zoas and SPS's. I would not recommend a 6 line wrasse they tend to get aggressive over time. I would also consider a Dwarf Angel. If you have corals this would be with a caution since some tend to nip corals. I find the Coral Beauty to be the best choice here. My experience with them has been great. My Cherub is cool but it is a nipper and they are smaller than the Coral Beauty.

Thanks alot I like the idea of the fairy wrasse.

My tank is full of hiding areas, its just that i like where my YWG has chosen to live its a perfect spot and id rather not worry about aggression from either the YWG or a 6 line.

Thanks for the comments both of you

I have two Multi-Coloured Lubbocks Fairy Wrasses and a Yellow Watchman Goby. Don’t worry about the YWG as they can hold their own. Mine is pretty peaceful most of the time but if anyone comes into his space he is the dominant one. No one really pushes him around.

I am lucky that the two wrasses get along because they are both males. The larger one had female colouring when I bought it but ever since introducing the smaller male its colours have changed. That being said they get along well and sometimes if find them cuddling together under a rock.

I have two Multi-Coloured Lubbocks Fairy Wrasses and a Yellow Watchman Goby. Don’t worry about the YWG as they can hold their own. Mine is pretty peaceful most of the time but if anyone comes into his space he is the dominant one. No one really pushes him around.

I am lucky that the two wrasses get along because they are both males. The larger one had female colouring when I bought it but ever since introducing the smaller male its colours have changed. That being said they get along well and sometimes if find them cuddling together under a rock.

wow thats pretty cool, I will probably end up adding another to my tank

Archived