ReefCleaners.org

Anemones: Care & Keeping

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
Do you think it is possible to keep a RBTA in a 46 gallon Bowfront Reef Tank that has PC (2 x 96 watt bulbs, one actinic, one 10 000k) lighting? My parameters are very good and constant. My info is in my tank thread. Thanks!

As ayo stated, to clarify.... I bought the anemone from a store that had it under T5 lighting... Whether it was bad water or old listing, etc...... I had pristine water, and it survived under power compacts, but merely for a few weeks before upgrading to LEDs that were on preorder.

There's a fine line there but I would have to say no on that one, power compacts are extremely weak on the PAR frontline.

As ago stated, to clarify.... I bought the anemone from a store that had it under T5 lighting... Whether it was bad water or old listing, etc...... I had pristine water, and it survived under power compacts, but merely for a few weeks before upgrading to LEDs that were on preorder.

There's a fine line there but I would have to say no on that one, power compacts are extremely weak on the PAR frontline.

Thanks for the input!

As ago stated, to clarify.... I bought the anemone from a store that had it under T5 lighting... Whether it was bad water or old listing, etc...... I had pristine water, and it survived under power compacts, but merely for a few weeks before upgrading to LEDs that were on preorder.

I'll back that up. I've had BTA just not make it under quad t5 ho. Metal Halides and LED have both shown much greater results. Stick to mushrooms.

hey TRON do you have any experience with MAXI'S ??

i have had this semi big maxi for about 3 weeks maybe 4 and he was doing great eating the krill and fully extending but about two days ago he has stayed small during the light period and not eating so im worried....

he is in a spot where if he doesnt extend he gets very little light so should i try to move him or leave him where he is ??

how do you move a maxi cause he doesnt want to move and i dont want to hurt him ??

• 4 weeks later...
I'll back that up. I've had BTA just not make it under quad t5 ho. Metal Halides and LED have both shown much greater results. Stick to mushrooms.

I've kept BTAs under PC and T5 lighting. Lower lighting means more feeding and more work for keeping the water nice and clean. T5 is my preferred lighting. I'll probably do the LED thing one of these days. ATI T5 bulbs is what I used and kept everything from nems to SPS corals without any trouble, but that said, each person will have a different story/experience.

SouthFlorida_Tron
hey TRON do you have any experience with MAXI'S ??

i have had this semi big maxi for about 3 weeks maybe 4 and he was doing great eating the krill and fully extending but about two days ago he has stayed small during the light period and not eating so im worried....

he is in a spot where if he doesnt extend he gets very little light so should i try to move him or leave him where he is ??

how do you move a maxi cause he doesnt want to move and i dont want to hurt him ??

Can't say much here, I have no experience with them.

I've kept BTAs under PC and T5 lighting. Lower lighting means more feeding and more work for keeping the water nice and clean. T5 is my preferred lighting. I'll probably do the LED thing one of these days. ATI T5 bulbs is what I used and kept everything from nems to SPS corals without any trouble, but that said, each person will have a different story/experience.

+1

I kept mine under PCs for several weeks before adding LEDs.

Archived