Top Shelf Aquatics

SHOW ME YOUR SUMPs Related Info.

boxboy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody use anything other than filter sock for their inlet filtration?

Yes I use filter pad from inTank for mine. The guy that made my sump made me a media basket off 1 corner in the sump. There is a tray that holds my filter pad. Socks suck they get dirty every 3 days and are a PItA to clean.

So this media thing, how big of a surface area do you have for a filter pad?

The filter sock gets clean every 3-4 days like you said and is certainly a pain to clean. But it does pull a huge amount of crap. Right now I have a 300 micron mesh bag with pillow stuffing and it's not catching any of the fine crap, only the 200 micron felts do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Homemade sump update!

2012-09-08170218.jpg

2012-09-08170618.jpg

Equipment:

21 gallon home made acrylic sump

Eshopps 300 overflow

Aqueon pro series 200w heater

Odyssea PS 75 skimmer

6500k CFL shop light

Catalina Aquarium 850 gph return pump

• 4 weeks later...

All right Gals/Guys, Thank you all very much for sharing your amazinly wicked sumps, big.and small.

lets kick this thread into gear, Show me your Nano/Pico sump, Fuges and anything you built/own/paid for or DIYed inorder to filter your Glass Box!

I may even borrow some ideas for a new sump, lets see some Cube sumps also :)

Josiah

Does anybody use anything other than filter sock for their inlet filtration?

I use pantyhose for a filter sock, but you cant go by me, I dont have any morals lol

Love the look I get from the cashout lady when I come rolling up with a pack of pantyhose and start asking questions like, do you think these will fit my tanks overflow pipe? Haha.

Ok guys n gals, I see people everyday asking questions abour sump designs and or looking for sump info.

Lets help out other members and fill this thread. What other infomation does everyone wanna see in here?

• 2 weeks later...
thadscottmoore
This is really cool!!

Thanks! i need to post current photos of it. The sump currently houses live rock rumble and will be adding chaeto this weekend. have some zoas, ricordea, and a torch coral in the display. will be adding more zoas and rics in the near future.

Ok guys n gals, I see people everyday asking questions abour sump designs and or looking for sump info.

Lets help out other members and fill this thread. What other infomation does everyone wanna see in here?

biggest problem with going pico sump- is the return pump issue.there is not a whole lot of room for evaporation. ATO is a must! my pico system evaporates about a liter every 4-5 days.

Hard to get a pic of because I have the sump placed front to back. In the back behind skimmer is a large micron bag.

Hard to get a pic of because I have the sump placed front to back. In the back behind skimmer is a large micron bag.

post-33893-1351130331_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived