Innovative Marine Aquariums

SHOW ME YOUR SUMPs Related Info.

boxboy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FSS-

100_0283.jpg

This is clean. I have one of those throw back wet/dry Gulf Stream sumps sitting in the closet. Nice job coverting it into something useful.

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0919.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

So these are from before I set the sump up with stuff... I'll take some pics tonight that are current.

It's a AIO sump. Way to mix it up a bit. I like!

I am sure I don't have to mention this but that is one full sump. You did take into account drain down if you have a power outage?

It's a AIO sump. Way to mix it up a bit. I like!

I am sure I don't have to mention this but that is one full sump. You did take into account drain down if you have a power outage?

Actually the display is designed with a siphon break, so at the most 2-3 gallons will back flow into the sump in the event of a power outage (tested). There's more details in my tank thread.

Nice thread, particularly good to see the AIO sumps as I will need a similar design for my peninsula.

One key question though ... why is this in the pico forum??

sorry about this being in the pico forum.. im a noob on here, if someone can tell me how to move this to a better location, I will do so.

Actually the display is designed with a siphon break, so at the most 2-3 gallons will back flow into the sump in the event of a power outage (tested). There's more details in my tank thread.

I figured you had a handle on it. The reason for the question was to make sure those looking at this keep this issue in mind. Your answer is great so others know how you handle the issue.

ajmckay inspired sump-

Flow path is different from aj's- and there's a lot more room for overflow during power outage. Enough room in the 40B to handle backflow from my 90 gallon.

P2160041.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

Build thread in my sig.

AquaticDiscounts

Here is mine on my 32g ADA..

I have a skimmer, heater, bio pellet reactor and return pump, plus some LR I moved from my display.

DSCF7104.jpg

DSCF7100.jpg

wow Esqueleto

That looks like its fun to clean and have fun knowing what wires are for what lol

Lol yup, its like one of those people's room from the tv show Hoarders hahaha

Heres my mess

post-68216-1321680850_thumb.jpg

Holly cow! KISS is not in play here. This has to be running another large tank in a differant room and not the what looks to be 40b at the rh side. :o Sorry I hope you didn't take this personal but you posted the pic and know what everyone else is thinking. I just had to say it. :)

I love the ghetto 3" tee filter sock holder. Ingenuous. I once made a pleated filter canister out of pvc with a 3" pvc screw on lid. I even had a pressure gage on the inlet side so if the pressure built up I knew the filter was getting plugged. It worked but it wasn't purdy. In the end I could of bought a whole house canister filter for what I had in this DIY canister.

thadscottmoore

no idea! but, I am looking at buying a new home soon. And if I get it- I do plan on installing a 30 gallon sump inside a cabinet to support my 3 gallon on the counter-top above the cabinet! :D

Volume!

Why is this thread in pico reefs? lol

Sump.gif

Nice idea bad execution. Already admitted "OP noob post" :slap:

no idea! but, I am looking at buying a new home soon. And if I get it- I do plan on installing a 30 gallon sump inside a cabinet to support my 3 gallon on the counter-top above the cabinet! :D

Volume!

3 gallons on steroids. Now that is some seriouse sump.

Volume!

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if you've got space why not just make the 30 gallon your display? Or if that's too big get a 10/15 gallon display and another 10/15 gallon sump. Imo it kind of defeats the purpose of a pico if you add 30 gallons to it via a sump. Btw looked at your pico and it looks great! You really decked it out haha

HecticDialectics
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but if you've got space why not just make the 30 gallon your display? Or if that's too big get a 10/15 gallon display and another 10/15 gallon sump. Imo it kind of defeats the purpose of a pico if you add 30 gallons to it via a sump. Btw looked at your pico and it looks great! You really decked it out haha

He wouldn't be the first. Louis Tsai's 8g nano made Reef Central's TOTM.

This is what it looked like before installation.

finalsumpbox.jpg

Water comes in from display on the right, most bubbles pop there, water goes out the bottom to middle chamber where skimmer sets, then overflows into left chamber where it goes through floss, carbon, GFO & bio media out the bottom into sump & back to tank.

Archived