Cultivated Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

I have to work all week, but that is okay it will super quite here. You saw it just before it look like hell later that evening. Did you crop dust everyone yet? I hope it helps your zoas

I found the directions for the timer, so I will get that bad-boy attached and scheduled later this week, thank you once again for that.

Oh great! glad you found the directions! NP! You can use it for however long you need it. It was sitting in a fish supply box for over a year. I'm glad it's getting some use :)

I haven't done the crop dusting yet. I had a very busy day yesterday. I'm going to do it today for sure!!!!!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you girls turn off your pumps when you feed?

What I've been doing is turning off everything, then I add the food and kind of stir it around just a little and wait like 2-3 minutes for it to get all up in the water column then I turn my pumps back on. Does that sound like a good method?

Okay good, I'm new to feeding and just wanted to make sure my plan was a good one. The acro seems to like it.

And I was surprised to see the flame angel and clown eat some of the Zooplex too.

surgicalsense
Okay good, I'm new to feeding and just wanted to make sure my plan was a good one. The acro seems to like it.

And I was surprised to see the flame angel and clown eat some of the Zooplex too.

I turn the filter off when I crop dust. I usually do that 1st. Let it sit for about 5, no more. Then pour the rest of the oyster in the 1st or 2nd chamber.

Turn my filter on a again until it somewhat clears, then turn it off again for the mysis and/or flake depending. Feed everyone, let it settle. Then once again, turn the filter on, stirs it up.

surgicalsense

I wouldn't say there is a right or wrong way to feeding. Everyone has their tanks designed to their ideas, experience and types of inhabitance. So... it just depends what works best. Usually trial and error in my book. Besides learning here from one another and doing the research.

My favorite quote for myself is, "I haven't killed anything yet"... Everything is eating, growing, this includes the really weird xenia splitting thing. I have been able to keep my water perams pretty normal. Ca a little high, but nothing dangerous. I will check on that when I get home today routine after yesterdays water change, dose and feedings.

surgicalsense

post-69207-1321935349_thumb.jpg

Xenia just before it freaked out and began to split itself into halves that evening.

Also found one stomatella snail. About half of a centimeter in size. Random find.

post-69207-1321935349_thumb.jpg

Xenia just before it freaked out and began to split itself into halves that evening.

Nice! Love that you took a pic of this!

I understand the uploading. It is just taking forever to just not at all. I might just have to go through the selected ones and adjust them as we both are figuring... Then reattempt to upload.

I managed to get one. LOL.... I had to crop that one and then adjust it.

Why don't you try using tinypic.com for photos? It may work better for you. That's what I use and it's really fast and you can select for it to automatically resize the photo for message boards.

surgicalsense
Nice pic of the almost splitting xenia! So where's the pic of it splitting???

Gena, nice pic on the Santa hats!

On my cell phone. LOL. I am so having technical difficulties getting the pics to resize correctly.

surgicalsense
I'd love two of those for my first fish.

post-69207-1321939502_thumb.jpg

This has both of them together. The froggy in the back is not fully expanded.

I have a crush on those clowns! I like my pink skunks but those are gorgeous! :) great photo too!

This thread has almost 100 posts... It needs to be moved to the members sections! :D

surgicalsense

post-69207-1321940219_thumb.jpg

Purple mushrooms .... they are not completely expanded.

I have a crush on those clowns! I like my pink skunks but those are gorgeous! :) great photo too!

This thread has almost 100 posts... It needs to be moved to the members sections! :D

Thank you Joel. I did email one of the mods. I suppose I will ask another one and see if they do it.

post-69207-1321940498_thumb.jpg

Purple tip montipora cap. Feisty snail killer also. ;)

surgicalsense

post-69207-1321940862_thumb.jpg

Cleaner picture of the red mushrooms along with lazy red legged hermits hanging out.

I just relocated 85% of this colony to the same area on this specific LR.

Those are beautiful! Are they those fancy hybrids?

I am not sure. I thought it was pretty and so I bought it.... Hahaha!

... same way I buy my shoes and purses. :happy:

Archived