Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
Kitteeeeh :happy:

What did you do?

I know my son could not set up a fb account because of his age. Per their policies in place now. You have to be 13 yrs of age and older to have a fb account. Jordan your older then that.

I know my son could not set up a fb account because of his age. Per their policies in place now. You have to be 13 yrs of age and older to have a fb account. Jordan your older then that.

He could if he accidently entered a different age or birth year upon registration lol

My kid doen't have an account.

Thats good, I think FB is terrible for kids. I meant that there are 10-12 year olds that make accounts and just mark that their 18+ and then bam, theyr in!!

Im scared for my future children. With how easy it is to access the internet these days scares me :(

I'm concerned with the implications of being born into technology. Having their life completely documented for all the world to see from start to finish.

surgicalsense
Your kid is a naughty boy. You have no idea ;)

:angry: ... He does dumb stuff. He doesn't have it in him. For the fear of his life :lol:

I meant as far as my friends who have babies who start a fb page with their ultrasound photos. Or other such nonsense. Like an 70 odd year stream of consciousness with every major, minor, and unneeded detail documented. I didn't have a cell phone until I was 16, didn't have texting or MySpace until 18, and didn't have fb until college. Hell, we didn't even have high speed internet until I was a sophomore.

I just don't know how children growing up on fb will be for them.

I'm not against tech, I love tech, it's just going to be completely different.

surgicalsense
Thats good, I think FB is terrible for kids. I meant that there are 10-12 year olds that make accounts and just mark that their 18+ and then bam, theyr in!!

Im scared for my future children. With how easy it is to access the internet these days scares me :(

Exactly! I have blocks on the PC the kids use.

surgicalsense
I'm concerned with the implications of being born into technology. Having their life completely documented for all the world to see from start to finish.

My kids are not allowed to use the xBox without permission. Let alone when ever they want.

Archived