Pod Your Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gena, you are too funny! I don't think she got it.

Hey wait a minute....I was being completely innocent with my remark. I see where you are going with it though :lol:

Hey wait a minute....I was being completely innocent with my remark. I see where you are going with it though :lol:

OK, Ok, but sometimes you do have yur wild side here on NR.

Hunting, fishing, BBQ and motorcycles were all new to me down here 8 years ago, but I'm a good teacher now!

OK, Ok, but sometimes you do have yur wild side here on NR.

Hunting, fishing, BBQ and motorcycles were all new to me down here 8 years ago, but I'm a good teacher now!

We all have our wild sides....I try not to be too obvious with mine ;)

Oh....Texas BBQ. That's something I want to learn :happy:

We all have our wild sides....I try not to be too obvious with mine ;)

Oh....Texas BBQ. That's something I want to learn :happy:

Ha Gena, we all know you have the wild thing in ya!

I thought I was an expert on the BarBee, till I moved here. To be honest, that's one thing I have still not mastered.

surgicalsense
I'd say I'm an okay grill master. I'm much better at pan frying as I've posted pictures of on my thread. :D

BBq is a science ;) ... and my bf has it down. Trial and error. Let alone mixing up many recipes.

Fish, chicken, chops, veggies, ribs... all to die for!

BBq is a science ;) ... and my bf has it down. Trial and error. Let alone mixing up many recipes.

Fish, chicken, chops, veggies, ribs... all to die for!

No fair!!!! Have him teach D before you guys move away!!!!!

surgicalsense
No fair!!!! Have him teach D before you guys move away!!!!!

L did lot of online homework and trial/error cooking. We were the guniea pigs :angry:

My best grill concoction is garlic burgers. Off the top of my head you mix 1lb of hamburger, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of chopped onion and like a tablespoon of Italian seasoning and some EVOO (channeling Rachel Ray :D). It's pretty delicious. Not BBQ I know but it's the best thing I do on the grill.

surgicalsense
My best grill concoction is garlic burgers. Off the top of my head you mix 1lb of hamburger, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/4 cup of chopped onion and like a tablespoon of Italian seasoning and some EVOO (channeling Rachel Ray :D ). It's pretty delicious. Not BBQ I know but it's the best thing I do on the grill.

The trick is not to smash the burgers down to much. Keep the moisture/juice in them ;) also learn how to grill by using temperature cooking. Specially with chicken - bone in :)

Yeah, I got burgers, steaks, and chicken down pretty good, I am just not too good with ribs, pork, all the other BBQ stuff.

I'm pretty analytical so temperature cooking is part of how I cook. :)

surgicalsense
Yeah, I got burgers, steaks, and chicken down pretty good, I am just not too good with ribs, pork, all the other BBQ stuff.

I'm pretty analytical so temperature cooking is part of how I cook. :)

Ribs are all about the dry rubs or marinates (geesh these are not reading correctly :lol: ) also removing the silver skin on the back assists with how the ribs cook/marinate up ;) ... pork cooks like the chicken, bone out of course.

Way down here almost all the guys cook exclusively with mesquite wood which made it much harder for me to get a feel for the heat. Also, I have ate more bbq'd parts of a cow than I knew existed and so far all of it very tastey.

surgicalsense
That dimmer looks sweet and only $15. Did you ever get the lights all finished??

Yes darlin ... give or take several weeks ago ;) ... guarenteed to make you proud.

Is picture was taken while I was still putting the splash guard back on and whatever... Drilled into the hood, not 3M stick taped :P Predilled the holes, I did have to wait for some parts the forgot to send. But, it was done super clean.

IMG_7407.JPG

I am proud of you! I must have missed part of the end of the set up. I thought you were still waiting on parts or something, I must have been in one of my drunken stupors.

surgicalsense
I am proud of you! I must have missed part of the end of the set up. I thought you were still waiting on parts or something, I must have been in one of my drunken stupors.

Drunken stupors :lol: ... Yes, they sent the parts/replacements. Wrapped up the install and now there is awesome light. I still need to get pictures of the FTS with the new lights completely and with the new dimmer in place for the Whites/Blues I can run my full spectrum blue/Aqua and make those corals glow now, too.

I still need to get pictures of the FTS with the new lights

Yup.

I just got my dimmer last week and it is the best $15 I've spent in a while. Only got it cause so many people were talking about it and I wanted to know what the hoopla was about. Now I know B)

surgicalsense
Yup.

I just got my dimmer last week and it is the best $15 I've spent in a while. Only got it cause so many people were talking about it and I wanted to know what the hoopla was about. Now I know B)

... I decided I wanted to be able to play with colors independly :lol: and unplugging them was getting kind of lame ;)

Archived