SaltCritters.com

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense

Thank you Gena darlin and Randi :happy: .... see the green maze? It is growing more now. There was a few polyps that look like they died on it, but the snails and hermits cleared it up and it is growing over the back side now. I just wish the YWG and pistol would leave it alone. They keep moving it, turning it around :huh:

I will try again with the picture uploads tonight when I get home from work.

EZ what are you using to raise the Mag? Mine is not only reading at 1260 but I am seeing algae coming back. Calc, KH and Alk are perfect all in the High normal range.

I am using the BRS Mag from the 2 part. I hear that only the kent works... but i also hear that BRS does also. I am up to 1500 ppm and need to get it to 1600 i guess. I am taking my time to get it up.

IMG_6726.JPG

WOW! Your tank has come a long way! looking great SS!

surgicalsense
Hey darlin! The tank looks great!!! You gotta lotta cool stuff in there. I still zoa envy of those blue Z's.

Those new bluish one I have are still on the frag rack up top. I am giving them time to adjust. Geesh, those were super sensitive zoa. Their color has come back, but more lavander looking then blue -_- ... so we shall see, specially after I get the Ecoxotics in.

I will try to get a close up of them soon...

WOW! Your tank has come a long way! looking great SS!

Thank you Eric :D

I lost my first coral a few weeks back due to illness :mellow: the Rising suns, kills me I lost one of more exotic ones.

awe that tank is looking good, no worries my new camera takes horrid pics under LED's.. I still have to take the time to figure it out. Its stellar out in the sunlight, have custom settings for T5HO pre-saved, just gotta get my custom2 designed for leds

surgicalsense
awe that tank is looking good, no worries my new camera takes horrid pics under LED's.. I still have to take the time to figure it out. Its stellar out in the sunlight, have custom settings for T5HO pre-saved, just gotta get my custom2 designed for leds

:) Thank you and I am soooo happy today is the last day of this OT during the week. I hope I do not have to do any during the weekend. I am burnt out already.

That is pretty :)

You know how we were discussing the hinge on the lid the other day? Well, mine is in service again :) I put the splash guard back on. That's all it needed to be able to use that again. Yay...no more lids slamming down...once in a while it happens and scares the poop out of me :lol:

I also didn't have to top off this morning. I just hope my temperatures don't go crazy with less evaporative cooling now. I'll have to see. It may have to come off again.

surgicalsense
That is pretty :)

You know how we were discussing the hinge on the lid the other day? Well, mine is in service again :) I put the splash guard back on. That's all it needed to be able to use that again. Yay...no more lids slamming down...once in a while it happens and scares the poop out of me :lol:

I also didn't have to top off this morning. I just hope my temperatures don't go crazy with less evaporative cooling now. I'll have to see. It may have to come off again.

The hinges are iffy still. Besides just leaning my hood agains the wall behind it ;) ... the accidental slamming gets me everytime also :lol: L runs to see if I am okay.

He is becoming more impressed with the tank, I assume due to better understanding now.

Cool, I hope I can put the splash guard back on mine also when I change out the lights. I have to clean the fans anyways. So far the skimmer is making awesome head way. I have green tea now :D I will dump it when I get home. I was way to lazy lastnight. All I did was check it make sure it was not overflowing :P But I will probably do the water change this Sunday and then skip aweek again.

The only thing I notice with the splash guard, besides less evap...it's not as bright now. I hope that doesn't hurt anything!

That's great about L and the skimmer!

surgicalsense
The only thing I notice with the splash guard, besides less evap...it's not as bright now. I hope that doesn't hurt anything!

That's great about L and the skimmer!

I ordered the LED remote lastweek so that should be coming in very soon. Then next month I will order my first stunner :D and the other within a few weeks of that. Then my Ecoxotics Pro order will be complete.

Then I can get back to my investments in stocking corals and then I will be done, done, done.

surgicalsense
I'm going to need you to go ahead and send me those vivid rainbows for further inspection k thanks

:lol:

Oh and a order update:

I got my remote! Yay!

That's great about L! Oh and the lights! I am so essited to see them! Also glad the skimmer is working!

HAHA see what a little knowledge will do for your other half! He now gets it! Well for now! ;)

Then I can get back to my investments in stocking corals and then I will be done, done, done.

Not gonna happen. I don't think any of us will ever be done :lol:

surgicalsense
Not gonna happen. I don't think any of us will ever be done :lol:

From the massive coral purchasing is what I mean :P

surgicalsense
Did you pee in your intank skimmer cup?

My bf said he did :lol: just as he was taking the picture for me.

Making progress?

surgicalsense
I think you poured beer in there :lol:

Congrats :happydance:

:P as long as it is not a Stella.

Thank you .. isn't it a ##### thing that urine colored skim would excite me. I must be so fatigued from all this work.

Yay! Skimmer is skimming!

:lol: I know right .... this excites us.

:P as long as it is not a Stella.

Thank you .. isn't it a ##### thing that urine colored skim would excite me. I must be so fatigued from all this work.

:lol: I know right .... this excites us.

So does coralline growth! LMAO I am watching patches pop up on the back wall and the old white BR and am getting all excited!

Silly us! :lol:

Archived