ReefCleaners.org

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

surgicalsense
By the time you're done upgrading...there will be no need to switch to a RSM! The size isn't that much bigger anyways.

I've actually decided that if I ever go bigger (would be with a move) I will go custom and with a sump! I've never done a sump and have always wanted to.

This is the best local SW stocked fish store I found in ABQ...

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F...amp;h=5AQGK9nj0

So that was a bit of relief. I would still have to rehome all the livestock. I can keep my LR at least :) Well you know I do want the RSM, but I am still not ready to take it on.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
Since you have a sump...have you tried running a reactor on it to get rid of the GHA once and for all? If not, do it!!!!!

:happydance: = Trog dancing around it. Gha, gha.

Since you have a sump...have you tried running a reactor on it to get rid of the GHA once and for all? If not, do it!!!!!

Funny you ask, i mentioned this to Joel, and I am not opposed to trying as they are CHEAP in comparison to a lot of stuff I have done..

Right now I am going to try not feeding for 3 days, feed my fishies.. rinse and repeat, with the new cuc - post holocaust on the GHA.. I really was surprised last night when I looked in and there was soo many critters moving around in the tank.

Yep...if a few months go by with no results, get a reactor. It will take a few more months to eventually knock it all down. In the meantime...the algae is good for nutrient export, hiding places for pods, and I'm sure a feeling of comfort for the fish :)

Yep...if a few months go by with no results, get a reactor. It will take a few more months to eventually knock it all down. In the meantime...the algae is good for nutrient export, hiding places for pods, and I'm sure a feeling of comfort for the fish :)

:) oh my fishies are comfortable.. even though my maroon is a 'mean sob' he loves other fish in his tank.. its the stranges thing.. he defends the tank from me, nets, anything that is foreign. Fish he loves them and never nips at them.. ODD.. even when he had a host he never bugged anything

I have a TON of chaeto in my sump i keep cutting it pulling it apart etc - so there is some serious damage on nutrients there, I have a 75 gallon protein skimmer.. I cant imagine this lasting much longer.. And as i mentioned to Joel it feels like it has been forever but realistically I'm 2 months in the new aquarium w/ the sump etc. It just feels like forever as i declared war in Feb-march of last year in my 20h

If it makes you feel any better, I've never NOT been in some sort of battle with algae. This tank is the first that didn't hit fast. Probably because I started with dead rock. Then bryopsis was introduced and it's been a headache ever since.

It's all worth it though :)

If it makes you feel any better, I've never NOT been in some sort of battle with algae. This tank is the first that didn't hit fast. Probably because I started with dead rock. Then bryopsis was introduced and it's been a headache ever since.

It's all worth it though :)

I just found Bryopsis in my tank. It started after my macros went sexual. I started raising my mag and will see what happens fingerscrossed

surgicalsense
I just found Bryopsis in my tank. It started after my macros went sexual. I started raising my mag and will see what happens fingerscrossed

:) ... excellent!

Wow missed a lot!

Moving to NM!!! Wow change in scene there what is triggering the move?

Still love you tank, I bet if you did it right the corals would make the trip with the rock, just put it in buckets with water and a air pump. Should be fine. I hate moving tanks.

EZ what are you using to raise the Mag? Mine is not only reading at 1260 but I am seeing algae coming back. Calc, KH and Alk are perfect all in the High normal range.

surgicalsense

Mother'n'law lives out there. She is alone out there. But I love the feel of state, a completely difference sense of being then here in California. I have to live in the city, but this a milder feel of city that I need.

If you look on my fb Randi I have pictures I took when I was there in August. Just beautiful and indigenous land.

See I am dying to move out into a desert area like Arizona etc. Husband agrees, but need to fine a place we can both work and I need to find a LFS. Anyways it's 3-4 years down the road so hopefully this tank is well along by then and I might just hire a company to move the tank for me.

I will check them out!

surgicalsense
See I am dying to move out into a desert area like Arizona etc. Husband agrees, but need to fine a place we can both work and I need to find a LFS. Anyways it's 3-4 years down the road so hopefully this tank is well along by then and I might just hire a company to move the tank for me.

I will check them out!

Oh no Az is way to hot for me. Nm is almost like Ca in the summer. I can deal with that. I also found a all sw fish store in Abq :D

I like warm! And it's so pretty!

Here we get over 100 in the summer and into freezing some nights during winter, no different from here other then the 0 humidity there and near 100% here! lol.

surgicalsense
I love pink zoas!

:D ... their more orange, sorry my camera and lighting. I am like struggling with this uploads but I am getting somewhere with this.

I love pink zoas!

:D ... their more orange, sorry my camera and lighting. I am like struggling with this uploads but I am getting somewhere with this.

Those Dragon eyes are awesome too!

Pics are great just looked pinkish, I find sometimes that different angles will get better true to life color, oh and try to not zoom in, move the camera closer instead.

surgicalsense
or - put the camera in macro, step away, take picture, then crop picture on computer so it looks bigger

My camera is about 7 years old :huh:

Those Dragon eyes are awesome too!

Pics are great just looked pinkish, I find sometimes that different angles will get better true to life color, oh and try to not zoom in, move the camera closer instead.

The other new zoa I have a more lavender then blue. But I haven't taken any pictures of them yet.

surgicalsense

IMG_6726.JPG

You can see the distortion of the microbubbles in this pictures. But the coral placement is clearer.

oh... it doesnt have settings?! :( I sorry

It does, but my bf knows the camera and is still figuring it out. I am sure it has something and I will make that suggestion to him.

oh... it doesnt have settings?! :( I sorry

It does, but my bf knows the camera and is still figuring it out. I am sure it has something and I will make that suggestion to him.

Archived