Pod Your Reef

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

I was saying take your current hose and discconect it from the powerhead and see if you get microbubbles. If not replace hose or get a hose clamp. Sorry if it didn't make sense

And any time FLcandy, if you got ???s I got answers.

Also, I don't have fleas....nor am I a monkey...more like an annoying chiwawa

Will do! Just don't bite my ankles. ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
I was saying take your current hose and discconect it from the powerhead and see if you get microbubbles. If not replace hose or get a hose clamp. Sorry if it didn't make sense

And any time FLcandy, if you got ???s I got answers.

Also, I don't have fleas....nor am I a monkey...more like an annoying chiwawa

No, it did make sense... I was explaining what I have for your own visual is all. Also, what I have also done from my pass notations :)

*free hugs* sorry :flower:

Free hugs?

Don't make me go into ankle biting mode trog, my toe nails haven't been trimmed in months and my owner makes me wear this stupid sweater....I am moody and will go postal...after I eat some tacos

Damn! Next time I am picking your brain! ;)

Deckoz does seem to have tons of information all the time! Its great :)

Sorry to hear about the microbubbles Danielle! I hope the tubing fixes the issue.

No, it did make sense... I was explaining what I have for your own visual is all. Also, what I have also done from my pass notations :)

Free hugs?

:wub:

i was trying to be serious on the second post referring to changing it every 6 months... IME with rubber combined near/in water - it will deteriorate and dry out.. and in the end fail - but its not like it would cause catastrophe in the tank.. but put it on a regular schedule because you can buy bulk of it for cheap. When i got the hose for my return pump - it was 3/4" and they had all kinds of smaller stuff cheaper - look near the pvc section in lowes/home depot

Don't make me go into ankle biting mode trog, my toe nails haven't been trimmed in months and my owner makes me wear this stupid sweater....I am moody and will go postal...after I eat some tacos

That's the only time we ever see the Chihuahuas! They HATE me! Well all but 1 or 2 do ..... I am the evil pedicure lady.....

Those dogs are freeking fast! :eek: I would rather tangle with a Mean Big dog then a mean little dog any day.

:wub:

i was trying to be serious on the second post referring to changing it every 6 months... IME with rubber combined near/in water - it will deteriorate and dry out.. and in the end fail - but its not like it would cause catastrophe in the tank.. but put it on a regular schedule because you can buy bulk of it for cheap. When i got the hose for my return pump - it was 3/4" and they had all kinds of smaller stuff cheaper - look near the pvc section in lowes/home depot

Yay the real Trog is back! :P

Found tubing on Marinedepot websit, I just need to measure the return tubing when I get home :mellow:

its based on inside measurements - so keep this in mind!

marine depot stocks tubing that is labeled in both inside diameter and outside diameter. More then likely your stock tubing is the equivalent of Marine depots 1/2inch outer diameter vyn tubing - as most of these AIO tanks come with it. But measure both outer diameter. And if you chose to go by inner diameter - on your barb fitting measure the width of the sleeve excluding the barbs

surgicalsense
marine depot stocks tubing that is labeled in both inside diameter and outside diameter. More then likely your stock tubing is the equivalent of Marine depots 1/2inch outer diameter vyn tubing - as most of these AIO tanks come with it. But measure both outer diameter. And if you chose to go by inner diameter - on your barb fitting measure the width of the sleeve excluding the barbs

Barb fitting?

Barb fitting?

barbed just means it has ridges to help hold on.. its not just a flat tube :)

uhh lets see what to compare this with.. the airline fitting you got me for xmas - is a 'barbed'

surgicalsense
barbed just means it has ridges to help hold on.. its not just a flat tube :)

uhh lets see what to compare this with.. the airline fitting you got me for xmas - is a 'barbed'

The tube is just a plan tube, however one end is attached to the pump with the white ziptie and the other end has the L joint on it to attach to the back of the powerhead through the chamber wall.

... and I just got my one of my zoa I ordered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130614061612?ssPag...984.m1423.l2649

There is 13 heads on this one. Sweet! Can anyone identify these? Other then that they are plan green zoa ;)

and.... I just received my 2 way splitter and 60watt transformer from Ecoxotics :D so next months I will order the the rest if I can. If not I will break that up also. Either way I will have the LED's prior to April.

The tube is just a plan tube, however one end is attached to the pump with the white ziptie and the other end has the L joint on it to attach to the back of the powerhead through the chamber wall.

... and I just got my one of my zoa I ordered:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130614061612?ssPag...984.m1423.l2649

There is 13 heads on this one. Sweet! Can anyone identify these? Other then that they are plan green zoa ;)

and.... I just received my 2 way splitter and 60watt transformer from Ecoxotics :D so next months I will order the the rest if I can. If not I will break that up also. Either way I will have the LED's prior to April.

Radeo Active Dragon Eyes, not a bad deal for the price.

Hey! It looks like things are coming together for you! Did you get those blue zoas? The green one's look like radio active green one's I just got from Vivid.

surgicalsense
Hey! It looks like things are coming together for you! Did you get those blue zoas? The green one's look like radio active green one's I just got from Vivid.

No on the blue zoas, later this week. They guy emailed me and apologized on how slow he is moving and offered to toss in a second frag free. Which was nice of him. Weird part is I am paranoid of zoa pox :P my filtration is running to clean now. I did a feeding yesterday I would usually not do with flakes, today mysis again. Adjusted the skimmer again, foam is kinda back, still to clean.

The seller is tossing in bright zoa I asked for. Again I do not know what they area, so we shall see.I really dig Vivid, but the cost is just a bit much. So far I am getting more for a fraction of the cost this way....

surgicalsense

Update:

Ordered the repair items from Marinedepot for my microbubble nightmare :P

I should be able to repair this, this weekend. I hope <_<

Update:

Ordered the repair items from Marinedepot for my microbubble nightmare :P

I should be able to repair this, this weekend. I hope <_<

If all else fails.. just burn it to the ground.. buhaha TROGDORRRR :) Sounds like your problem is 'trivial' to fix.. but a pita overall

surgicalsense
If all else fails.. just burn it to the ground.. buhaha TROGDORRRR :) Sounds like your problem is 'trivial' to fix.. but a pita overall

Omg, here you go again. I am almost 6 months old in this hobby as a reefer. So, what the dueces? Anywho, I measured, I ordered what I need and I think I did alright. Now the rest we shall see when I remove the pump, return, and L joint to the powerhead. If the bubbles are gone, then I did alright. If not, I am SOL and start over and reevaluate.

Omg, here you go again. I am almost 6 months old in this hobby as a reefer. So, what the dueces? Anywho, I measured, I ordered what I need and I think I did alright. Now the rest we shall see when I remove the pump, return, and L joint to the powerhead. If the bubbles are gone, then I did alright. If not, I am SOL and start over and reevaluate.

oh, i think you need to watch the burninator video, than you may see the humor in it..

do you even need the air line to the pump is my bigger question

surgicalsense
oh, i think you need to watch the burninator video, than you may see the humor in it..

do you even need the air line to the pump is my bigger question

:lol:

I ordered the tubing (super cheap anyways and yes I measured it)Robert do you want my shopping list?

I ordered the tubing (super cheap anyways and yes I measured it)Robert do you want my shopping list?

That is kind of creepy :) all the stuff to fix that should be super cheap! And you know its karma, i had some micro bubbles attack my protein skimmer yesterday.. i must have pinched the hose just right.. took an hour or 2 for them to go away after tinkering.. fortunatly i have a bubble trap in the sump which helps.

Archived