Innovative Marine Aquariums

Wish list

kgoldy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sand fleas live in the surge zone and have a shortened lifespan because of it in captivity. They aren't cleaners so we don't carry them. I can pick some up from the bait shop but I don't think I would carry them.

While I've never seen him actually dig one up, he becomes obsessed with watching it like a cat and a laser pointer.

You mean, like a mantis shrimp watching a laser pointer?

That's about the funniest thing I've seen in an aquarium. I have to have a Mantis now.

Sand fleas live in the surge zone and have a shortened lifespan because of it in captivity. They aren't cleaners so we don't carry them. I can pick some up from the bait shop but I don't think I would carry them.

Ah, okay, don't bother then. Thanks.

You mean, like a mantis shrimp watching a laser pointer?

That's about the funniest thing I've seen in an aquarium. I have to have a Mantis now.

I've seen that... Would never try it in fear of the little guy seeing a reflection on the glass. As unlikely as it is that he'd crack it... I wouldn't gamble with a crack in the lowest part of a 140 gallon system. Haha.

On a slightly related topic- apparently under blacklight (think blacklight posters) mantis shrimp change all sorts of different fluorescent colors. Scientist suspect it's a way for them to communicate with each other. I saw it on a Nat Geo Wild show about them last week... Def going to pick up a black-light LED flashlight next time I see one.

Sand fleas would probably be a good food for your mantis though now that you mention it...

I don't think you have any worries there, 140 gallons have thick glass. I am not even sure a person could punch through that without breaking a knuckle, unless ....

chuck-norris-pic-getty-80328151.jpg

Guppy are we putting it in the pico?!

Maybe yes, maybe no. omgomgomg

'

'

'

'

'

'

yes, hopefully if John gets some nano size in stock... :)

nano size guppies? I think I got lost somewhere

John, they call me guppy and I'm looking for some small size gorgonians for my walmart pico contest tank. LOL :)

John,

Just placed an order for a few goodies. If you have any gorg's let me know and I can send some additional money. Also interested in a feather duster if you might have some.

Sand fleas would probably be a good food for your mantis though now that you mention it...

I don't think you have any worries there, 140 gallons have thick glass. I am not even sure a person could punch through that without breaking a knuckle, unless ....

It-s in a 40B... Bottom sump/fuge thing. And I'm pretty sure he's a cousin of CN anyway.

If you think they'll survive at least a few weeks at the bottom of the fuge (til the mantis gets em) and they're cheap, I'll take a handful of sand fleas.

Can you get Strombus maculatus? (Those little mini conches?) The florida conches are flipping my frags like crazy.

So I suppose I'll miss the Black Friday sale for making you hunt all this stuff down, eh? Haha.

lol...oh OK. Is it that feisty mean SOB of a shrimp I sent you?

yeah I wont have them by then....I haven't been able to find them, they are usually Common Dove Shells, misidentified as conchs. I may carry those at some point, it is hard to collect in a commercial quantity though so I am not sure. I doubt this one in time...

lol...oh OK. Is it that feisty mean SOB of a shrimp I sent you?

yeah I wont have them by then....I haven't been able to find them, they are usually Common Dove Shells, misidentified as conchs. I may carry those at some point, it is hard to collect in a commercial quantity though so I am not sure. I doubt this one in time...

yup, same guy. He's getting a little less threatening to me... Still not feeding him without the long tweezers though.

Any idea when you'll get all my stuff ready to ship, John? Trying to figure out what day next week I should plan on going home early to acclimate things. Depending on Live Aquaria's Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales... I might try to get your packages and theirs on the same day.

Archived