SaltCritters.com

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron

It's EZ, I got the two little fish ball valves from brs, 3/16" line that came with filter... Took stock tube off, ran line from elbow inside out where power cord is and attached ball valve to it, then I added the scrubber to that

SouthFlorida_Tron
Tron, were you anywhere in TN recently?

Naaa lol

what's slr??

Ya, the Benz. I was gonna say slut looking reflex

I dunno, best I got lol

Deleted User 4
Naaa lol

I dunno, best I got lol

oooo I thought you guyys were talking about tank equipment which was why I was so confused. ahahah

This is an SLR:

SLR.jpg

lolol good one

I just got this co2 scrubber as well. Should be here Tuesday. Let us know if it worked for you as well as rehype.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I just got this co2 scrubber as well. Should be here Tuesday. Let us know if it worked for you as well as rehype.

Pretty easy setup, I was worried about the airline mod on the skimmer but turned out to be ez.

Need any ball valves? Got a ton extra... Brs only had 6pcks lol....

Hey Tron, looong time since I've posted on n-r, even longer since I've had my tank.. How would you feel if i had a tank built from pico-aquariums with you exact dimensions? Loved your tank from day one and I'm going to get back into the hobby, and your tank fits my desires exactly.

Deleted User 4
Hey Tron, looong time since I've posted on n-r, even longer since I've had my tank.. How would you feel if i had a tank built from pico-aquariums with you exact dimensions? Loved your tank from day one and I'm going to get back into the hobby, and your tank fits my desires exactly.

+1 ^^

SouthFlorida_Tron

Keep in mind my custom dimensions were purposely created to fit an idea bookshelf.

Having the tank elsewhere I would have wanted it longer, and twice as wide...well... 25" is good, but definently at least another 5-8" on the width... From back wall to front glass I'm only at 10"... 15.5 from back glass tof don't glass... Another 5-8" would've been ideal for any other location but custom for my bookshelf was key.

Chris has revolutionized the nano tank even beyond mine, his sump design is second to none.

Please enjoy. And buy with confidence.

Well i sent Chris an email about getting a custom tank done for me and he said that unfortunately he is not doing any custom orders for the time being. So if i wanted to go with pico aquariums id have to choose one of the production models... Kinda bummed but its alright. Maybe ill just set up a 40b.

nor_cal_nano

The tank is looking great Tron. I wish I had your photographing skills..

Have you tried scraping the coralline off your back wall. It'd make those corals really pop.

SouthFlorida_Tron
The tank is looking great Tron. I wish I had your photographing skills..

Have you tried scraping the coralline off your back wall. It'd make those corals really pop.

Ya that stuff isn't coming off, it's on grown on pretty solid.

I dont know why this made me laugh as much as I did :)

SouthFlorida_Tron

So the c02 scrubber seems to b producing results. Although my salifert/API pH tests don't show for some reason, my zoas that started melting are fully opened back up... Even my frog and SPS are extending like never before!

I'll eventually need to get some kind of controller just to pinpoint pH & temp. More toys lol

Yeah the co2 scrubber is great, but when it's hooked up to the skimmer the bubbles suck. How can I run the air filter without using the skimmer?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Yeah the co2 scrubber is great, but when it's hooked up to the skimmer the bubbles suck. How can I run the air filter without using the skimmer?

Really? I'm noticing stronger foam and better skimmate. Maybe you need to play with the height

It foams better, but the stuff it's removing isn't close to what it removes without being hooked up to the filter. Without the filter on the skimmate cakes to the sides of the cup, it's gross. But with the filter hooked up it's just dark water. I'll probably get a splitter and try that, or run another pump which I don't really want to do. It sucks because the ph is dam near perfect with the filter and way too low without.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Since everything is so extended where are this pics? ;)

I'm looking to borrow my friend's 60d next week

Archived