Innovative Marine Aquariums

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

Sad day, my amazingly fun to watch Midas decided to tile glide and has met the porcelain express....

:(

Ohh no sorry to hear man. That's why I ordered that brs screen top for when in not home for the new pico. Leak tested today.. All good! Should be any day and I'll do the swap!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumb fish thinking the tile looks like water. Sorry for your loss but man the coraline has really taken off on that back wall!

Dumb fish thinking the tile looks like water. Sorry for your loss but man the coraline has really taken off on that back wall!

same here. wish i had the coraline you do.

SouthFlorida_Tron

It's all good. Midas was fun while it lasted....

It's funny, the purple is consuming the wall except where the sides are green... I don't gt it...

Euphyllia

Okay, I missed your birthday, but nevertheless...

Zum Geburtstag viel glück!

Zum Geburtstag viel glück!

Zum Geburtstag leibe SouthFlorida_Troooooooooooon!

Zum Geburtstag viel glück yay!

:happy:

Tank is looking great! :D

SouthFlorida_Tron

So, NR, I'm reaching out for advice....

Have noticed lately only my green colored zoas have closed off, every other coral is fantastic. Strange.

Today I rampage tested and noticed all my parameters to be inline, except pH:

pH: 7.4-7.6 (always been 7.8 to 7.7 but constant, now dropped below satisfactory for me)

Alk- 8.2

Ca- 375 (good enough for me if stable)

Mg- 1385

N03- 0-.01

P04- 0-.02

My pH has always been low, but non fluctuating... Now it's LOW.

How may I raise this without affecting or params? Thanks.

Have noticed lately only my green colored zoas have closed off, every other coral is fantastic. Strange.

pH: 7.4-7.6 (always been 7.8 to 7.7 but constant, now dropped below satisfactory for me)

Alk- 8.2

Mg- 1385

N03- 0-.01

P04- 0-.02

Dosing BRS 2part Recipe 1 will raise pH.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Dosing BRS 2part Recipe 1 will raise pH.

You mean that's just a 2 part from BRS or something specific to pH?

Link me?

Alk- 8.2

Mg- 1385

N03- 0-.01

P04- 0-.02

I see you havent checked in lately ;) ...Read through pages 198-199

SouthFlorida_Tron
I see you havent checked in lately ;) ...Read through pages 198-199

So I've always had low pH, and it's always been low, now it's really low, should I invest in the c02 scrubber you referred to? It seems like all other options would be drowsing or chemical related....

I'm up to trying it if it'll solve my problem...

So I've always had low pH, and it's always been low, now it's really low, should I invest in the c02 scrubber you referred to? It seems like all other options would be drowsing or chemical related....

I'm up to trying it if it'll solve my problem...

This is the safest way to do it without affecting any of your other parameters. Your PH will rise considerably with the addition of the scrubber. Id also recommend leaving the windows open for a few hours as that will also help to reduce the C02 buildup within your tank which will in turn raise PH.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I have a small 2/2 condo wi constant AC, myself, wife, daughter, dog.... C02 seems as a viable culprit....

Let me look into the idea.

Thanks again hype.

I have a small 2/2 condo wi constant AC, myself, wife, daughter, dog.... C02 seems as a viable culprit....

Let me look into the idea.

Thanks again hype.

Np...Yea that definitely sounds like excess C02 especially if you keep the air conditioner on all time. I also found when my wife is cooking (gas stove) ph drops almost immediately.

CO2 is usually a culprit during the winter months when windows stay closed but it could be just the same anywhere in Florida where your AC runs most of the year. A test for CO2 would be to take a cup of tank water and measure the pH, then take that same cup of water and set it outside for a while and retest the pH. If your pH increases with the water being outside in the fresh air then CO2 would point to be a problem.

If you increase your alk and Calcium a bit you may have a better chance of keeping your pH a little higher. Lower alk readings allow less buffering of your pH which leads to more swings in pH.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-09/rhf/index.php

Spirofucci

Funny, you mention this, my green type zoas slowly started looking crappy about a month ago as well, but then they all started looking kinda sickly. Might do a FW dip. My params are good though.

You supposed sps look fantastic and yer having probs with zoa........go figure????

Rehype is the man, so I'd do what he says. :)

I'm having the same issue. Only thing that looks a little different is the Duncan's. Ph is down from 8.0 to around 7.4. Alk is really low around 6.5 and calc is like 460..... Could it be the temp swing from the season changing? I know my temp has been up about 1.5 degrees recently.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I'm having the same issue. Only thing that looks a little different is the Duncan's. Ph is down from 8.0 to around 7.4. Alk is really low around 6.5 and calc is like 460..... Could it be the temp swing from the season changing? I know my temp has been up about 1.5 degrees recently.

If u ask me, ur high ca is driving ur alk to be low, if u lessen the ca dose, u should be blue to raise the alk.... In turn maybe bumping ur pH.

If u ask me, ur high ca is driving ur alk to be low, if u lessen the ca dose, u should be blue to raise the alk.... In turn maybe bumping ur pH.

Thats the thing though. I stopped dosing all together about a month ago. Everything was fine until recently.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Interesting... I love this hobby. Lol

On another note, I've gone ahead and ordered the canister with c02 media as hype suggested and also added a few valves and extras to customize a DIY airline for the tunze... Let's see how it turns out!

SouthFlorida_Tron

So the custom airline mod is complete. At first I tried to just run a new line directly through the top to replace the original but it was a tad big for the hole inside the chamber, so I re-ran it as seen through the bottom on the video. So there's an extra hole on the too, no biggie, it's not affecting the skimmer.

I setup the c02 scrubber and ran lines connecting to the airline valve, these pictures aren't great, but the skimmer is definently already foaming much more intensely and the control is much smoother compared to the blue screw.

Hopefully I see results soon.

7228275796_50ce4b71ec_z.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

7228277102_05bd62b941_z.jpg

Untitled by J.L Photography, on Flickr

Hmmm mod the 9002?? How's you do that? How's the bike search going, I've been riding everyday for the last 2 weeks

Archived