Pod Your Reef

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
I love the shots you take! So pretty.

Ya ya ya.... Lol, a bit of changes today!

The view is awesome man! Pics are great as usual... Cough ordering something special from pico!

Thx bro, what'd u get from pico?

--update to my system--

I've ditched chemipure elite for only 2 tspn of GFO... Running only the skimmer and chaeto. We'll see how the algae and corals react to no more CPE

Also cleaned out the sump and replaced all filter sponges and actually added more sponge filtration to clean out the gunk.

Thx bro, what'd u get from pico?

Not to cramp your style or anything... Ordering 30X20X16 starphire glass 4.5" sump area and some new light brackets since i have a mirror above my current ones. Similar to how you have your pic above yours. So my bracket will come out 2" then angle up a bit and extend 16". Pico is only a 2.5hr drive from me some im just gonna pick it up there, id be paranoid shipping that. After i do the swap in may im thinking... im going to help set up my bc29 at my little brothers house for my nephew who is 3 and always wants to come to my condo to see nemo. So perfect opportunity to get something a bit longer

SouthFlorida_Tron
LOL Thanks

New pics are NICE!

:)

Not to cramp your style or anything... Ordering 30X20X16 starphire glass 4.5" sump area and some new light brackets since i have a mirror above my current ones. Similar to how you have your pic above yours. So my bracket will come out 2" then angle up a bit and extend 16". Pico is only a 2.5hr drive from me some im just gonna pick it up there, id be paranoid shipping that. After i do the swap in may im thinking... im going to help set up my bc29 at my little brothers house for my nephew who is 3 and always wants to come to my condo to see nemo. So perfect opportunity to get something a bit longer

That's crazy u live nearby, I'll save a fortune on no shipping lol

I LOVE this tank!

Thx Russell!

mygolfisslow

why am i not already watching your thread. looking at your tank gives me faith in leds again i was starting to second guess them.

saw you where looking into dosing pumps i just picked up 2 of the BRS pumps and run them with a RKL and couldn't be happier. i think they are still on sale, so it ends up being quite a bit less then other options.

SouthFlorida_Tron
why am i not already watching your thread. looking at your tank gives me faith in leds again i was starting to second guess them.

saw you where looking into dosing pumps i just picked up 2 of the BRS pumps and run them with a RKL and couldn't be happier. i think they are still on sale, so it ends up being quite a bit less then other options.

Haha I love having that effect on peeps!

I'd love to add dosers but have no clue where to put them

That's crazy u live nearby, I'll save a fortune on no shipping lol

Yea dude im excited its not too far away, after having the biocube for 4 years it looks amazing now but i really want a change and something longer and really take advantage of the ai sol. Chris makes some amazing stuff and am super excited.

SouthFlorida_Tron
You always have such great PE on your SPS. I think some of my across needs to learn from yours lol.

Great PE but not always as colorful!

Yea dude im excited its not too far away, after having the biocube for 4 years it looks amazing now but i really want a change and something longer and really take advantage of the ai sol. Chris makes some amazing stuff and am super excited.

Can't wait to see it!

you have a beautiful tank.

Thank u!

Thanks for that heads up. Pmed Chris and he's going to add 2-3 baffles! It's official.. Ordered this morning on his site... Got my bonus today from Costco so I treated myself!

Such great shots man.. Can't get over how how the intensity is on your AI's I have mine maxed out at 45% right now..I was at 55% and the corals where reacting bad.. My light is 8 1/2 inches above the water line and the SPS corals tips, the highest one is 3 1/2 inches below the water line. I also just purchased my first macro lens.. Still getting used to it..Love it so far.

Robert

SouthFlorida_Tron
Thanks for that heads up. Pmed Chris and he's going to add 2-3 baffles! It's official.. Ordered this morning on his site... Got my bonus today from Costco so I treated myself!

Shouldn't take but a few weeks... If u get sneak peeks, for sure pm them to me, I'd love to see!

Very nice tank and beautiful view.

The fisheye shots are making me dizzy!! 1sm110starstruck.gif

My new favorite lens lol

Such great shots man.. Can't get over how how the intensity is on your AI's I have mine maxed out at 45% right now..I was at 55% and the corals where reacting bad.. My light is 8 1/2 inches above the water line and the SPS corals tips, the highest one is 3 1/2 inches below the water line. I also just purchased my first macro lens.. Still getting used to it..Love it so far.

Robert

I've had the sol lighting the tank for about 10 months now... So I'd say it's taken long enough to ramp!

SouthFlorida_Tron
Those brackets for sure helped tons with that spread... Looks awesome man!

Ya it's not huge but, noticeable... I didn't even realize how much coralline built up til now lol

Archived