ReefCleaners.org

TR0Ns ZEOvit ..::SouthReef::..

SouthFlorida_Tron

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
LOL that is true! Well the tank looks fantastic!

+1

What kind of birdsnest is this and where can I get one?!

where do u live?

Ish looks great dude! Seriously I'm not happy until something is perfect.. The gf tells me I'm never happy and always tinker aka my car, motorcycle, fish tank and TVs.... I'm pretty much set on that 30"x20"x16" with starphire glass. Hopefully order at the end of the month and then I'm just gonna make my own stand.

Besides that my sps don't seem so happy I think I'm gonna start testing Alk and ca and start dosing them. Can you recommend a test kit?

Portland, Oregon. They don't have nearly as good of frags as Southern California, but they have Oregon Tort! (I don't have it yet, but am hoping to get a frag off one of the originals here soon).

That's awesome. Hopefully I get some growth like that. I cut some frags of my Miami Orchid colony and within 2 weeks they were healed and encrusting about the size of a nickel. But seriously what up with a frag of that? Lol

SouthFlorida_Tron
Ish looks great dude! Seriously I'm not happy until something is perfect.. The gf tells me I'm never happy and always tinker aka my car, motorcycle, fish tank and TVs.... I'm pretty much set on that 30"x20"x16" with starphire glass. Hopefully order at the end of the month and then I'm just gonna make my own stand.

Besides that my sps don't seem so happy I think I'm gonna start testing Alk and ca and start dosing them. Can you recommend a test kit?

Salifert, whatever u do, do not go API. I may try those Hanna checkers next time, pricey tho, but so ez and exact.

Portland, Oregon. They don't have nearly as good of frags as Southern California, but they have Oregon Tort! (I don't have it yet, but am hoping to get a frag off one of the originals here soon).

I tried to get some tort but ORA can't gro it so it's always 86'd

That's awesome. Hopefully I get some growth like that. I cut some frags of my Miami Orchid colony and within 2 weeks they were healed and encrusting about the size of a nickel. But seriously what up with a frag of that? Lol

I only do local... I couldn't sleep at night if corals I shipped didn't make it to the buyer...

Hey tron how much are you dosing daily?

Sps look great BTW... growth is insane for just two months.

Thx my dude, I cut out mag all together as we is cussed that one time and it seems to hold at 1350 with weekly reef crystals water changes.

Daily bionic

Part 1 alk: 7.5ml

Part 2 ca: 5ml

Ca sits under 400 but if I bump to 7.5 of each, the alk drops below 8.... So it's a give take thing.....

Salifert, whatever u do, do not go API. I may try those Hanna checkers next time, pricey tho, but so ez and exact.

I tried to get some tort but ORA can't gro it so it's always 86'd

I only do local... I couldn't sleep at night if corals I shipped didn't make it to the buyer...

Thx my dude, I cut out mag all together as we is cussed that one time and it seems to hold at 1350 with weekly reef crystals water changes.

Daily bionic

Part 1 alk: 7.5ml

Part 2 ca: 5ml

Ca sits under 400 but if I bump to 7.5 of each, the alk drops below 8.... So it's a give take thing.....

Right now I just do weekly changes with reef crystals and do fine. When I do need to dose which will be very soon now, would you recommend kalkwasser?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Right now I just do weekly changes with reef crystals and do fine. When I do need to dose which will be very soon now, would you recommend kalkwasser?

I've always used the 2 part.... Easier to control.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Ok thanks!

Had a friend who used kalk, he could never seem to either get ca high enough or the alk swung.....

Had a friend who used kalk, he could never seem to either get ca high enough or the alk swung.....

Do you dose manually or dosing pumps?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Do you dose manually or dosing pumps?

Manually, but ever since adding the auto top off, I've considered looking into doses, but dunno where I would hide them.

SouthFlorida_Tron
I gotcha. Thanks again Tron

Ya buddy, u just reminded me, just dumped $$ on marine depot, had to reorder the 2part, new chemipure, salt, etc... Down to my last few drops of 2part lol

Do u run dosing pumps?

No I don't dose anything at all yet. But depending on the cost of the pumps verses how often I would dose weekly, I would most likely run them.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Brs dosers? Anyone? Or the bubble magus doser... But it has 3 and I would use 2... But then has the controllability...

SouthFlorida_Tron
Gives you the option of dosing something else if you need to without more $$$ spent.

I wouldn't add anything else, already have an ATO in place.

Looking great as usual Tron! :D

Thanks masta!

Archived