SaltCritters.com

Par30 or coralife mini for 2 gallon?

Seamonkey84

I'm staring a pico gearing towards the idea of growing a Zoanthid lawn, dotted with hills of ricordea and acan lords. I was going to use a par30 with 4RB/1CW 60degree optics, to have the nice glow on my nightstand. But I'm reading that ricordea don't like the intense lighting LEDs give off, so would I have to hang it like 20in above the sand bed? That makes me me want to go with the mini t5 ficture, plus to have an over all smaller space taken for the tank and light. Which would the acans prefer?

I personally havent had any issues with ricordea under my leds. I say go with the par30. The mini t5 will end up costing you more in the end because you will have to replace the bulbs.

islandreefing

temporarily in my 2 gal, im using a 6500k household cfl bulb i got from home depot. the zoas n ricordea r loving it n openning nicely. you lack the pop but growth n base color is there.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

My zoos have responded splendid to both my LED and T5 bulbs... Both are fixtures, Beams Work for the LED and Coralife for the T5's....

I have photos if you would like me to post them of the zoos....

I have par30 bulbs over my 5 gallon maxi carpet nem tank, which has some zoanthids and mushrooms in it. I know the zoas I want will be fine, but I heard ricordea didnt like them. I may be ordering one of your 2 gallon tanks. To start with I have a 8x6x6 acrylic box that I'm going to play with a long as it doesn't leak over the weekend fill test.

Archived