Pod Your Reef

mpsti05's rimless reef..... Tank coming down...

mpsti05

SouthFlorida_Tron
Best thing i can suggest is you have never ridden before or even if you have is to take a weekend class at a local college that teaches you or goes over the basics and refreshes you and you get a certificate to take to the dmv to just pick up your license. Road for 2 years without it.. So stupid running from the state police etc... Was an idiot. Pulled over once, cop was super nice but made me push it home a freakin mile on a nice 90 degree day and he followed me.

Alpinestars for jacket for sure... Get one that has the spine plate and removeable interior liner for when it gets hot and grab there gloves... Pants ive always just wore jeans although if you wipe they only last 40ft where leather pants last 150ft.

Lol, interesting story. Here I heard they just cuff u, ruthless fks.

Im taking the 3 day class in January... Rig before the purchase. So stoked. Been around bikes all my life with family n all but never gotten into it til now. My cousin is a bike mechanic and just went from Harley to a Kawasaki zx1000 or some ####. Naked... It's so sleek and futuristic looking, but lacks the race look I like.

He's gonna be my personal teacher/mechanic.

Alpinestars for jacket for sure... Get one that has the spine plate and removeable interior liner for when it gets hot and grab there gloves... Pants ive always just wore jeans although if you wipe they only last 40ft where leather pants last 150ft.

But as far as leg guards, nothing I can wear under jeans?

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Make sure you buy that bike BEFORE you get married.

Nice bike! I have a Yamaha, but it's a RS Warrior.

Nice dude! I love Suzuki, Ive driven an R1 and a zx10r but i just love the way Suzuki handle's and seating position for me.. 6ft 160lbs... Once you get your license drive each one before you make up your mind... And first mod to that bike better be fender eliminator.. I can't stand those factory license plate holders.

Finalized the design of the stand today... gonna make it next week and paint it black.

Would upload a pic of it in google sketchup but i can't convert the file into a jpg or media file... Stupid crap!

RollinReefer

Love the tank... I have had plenty of bikes and def would suggest CBR or GSXR.. if you have the stacks then go with a Ducati you won't ever regret it

SouthFlorida_Tron
Nice dude! I love Suzuki, Ive driven an R1 and a zx10r but i just love the way Suzuki handle's and seating position for me.. 6ft 160lbs... Once you get your license drive each one before you make up your mind... And first mod to that bike better be fender eliminator.. I can't stand those factory license plate holders.

Finalized the design of the stand today... gonna make it next week and paint it black.

Would upload a pic of it in google sketchup but i can't convert the file into a jpg or media file... Stupid crap!

I went in set on the r6. Well after sitting on all four, whoa.... That changed, it happened to b the most uncomfortable for me... And the kawi being the best for me....

R6 was too high and over extended...

Cbr was comfy but hate the rims and don't like that I can t eliminate fender do to exhaust...

Suzuki was cool but in soth Florida they're a dime a dozen...not crazy about front end...

Kawi for me has best comfort, feel, and appearance...Entire package, very pleased....

Immediate mods before walking out the door are fender eliminator, exhaust, and baby bumpers (or whatever they're called) lol

Already have all my gear picked out.

I love my cbr 929. Then again I'm 5'6" and the bike is short and well weighted which is probably why I picked this bike over others

I went in set on the r6. Well after sitting on all four, whoa.... That changed, it happened to b the most uncomfortable for me... And the kawi being the best for me....

R6 was too high and over extended...

Cbr was comfy but hate the rims and don't like that I can t eliminate fender do to exhaust...

Suzuki was cool but in soth Florida they're a dime a dozen...not crazy about front end...

Kawi for me has best comfort, feel, and appearance...Entire package, very pleased....

Immediate mods before walking out the door are fender eliminator, exhaust, and baby bumpers (or whatever they're called) lol

Already have all my gear picked out.

Nice well it sounds like your in love with it! Now you gotta ride it! What jacket you goin with?

SouthFlorida_Tron
Nice well it sounds like your in love with it! Now you gotta ride it! What jacket you goin with?

So far I'm just loving the aplinestars... Joe rocket has cool Kawasaki gear but I'm not for that NASCAR look lol, all sponsored n shizzz...

Liking leather for its ability to hold up on a slide... All jackets will b hot lol

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/jacke...acket_2012.html

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/jacke...her_jacket.html

Helmet

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/helme...ell_helmet.html

Gloves

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/glove...loves_2012.html

Dude that helmet is sick! I could never justify the price of some of those... Wait till you see what the bugs do to the paint on them.... I use pledge to clean them.. lol keeps it nice and slick so they slide and clean kinda easy. Love that 2nd alpinestars jacket with the green accents. very similar to mine except ive got the blue accents.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Dude that helmet is sick! I could never justify the price of some of those... Wait till you see what the bugs do to the paint on them.... I use pledge to clean them.. lol keeps it nice and slick so they slide and clean kinda easy. Love that 2nd alpinestars jacket with the green accents. very similar to mine except ive got the blue accents.

Lol, true.

Just picked out my exhaust slip on...

Between yoshi and akrapovic...

Akrapovic looks hot on the kawi...

Went to home depot with the list of wood needed. Used google sketchup to draw it up. Thanks Aunt Minnie on the forums for that idea. 2x4's and 3/4" sanded pine plywood. Will be painting it all black and finishing it friday. And do a nice trim piece along the top. Once it was all together this thing was solid! New tank is about 42 gallons so about 345lbs So lets just say 400 lbs with live rock and sand. stand.jpg

Well stand is pretty much done. Just have to put another layer of wood putty over the screw holes. Quick sand and paint it. Should finish on my next day off. Chris clear siliconed the aqurium today! So now im sure its gotta cure etc... Then get the custom sump area put in next. Hopefully picking it up next friday.

Cereal Killer

Hey I just wanted to say that Im using your and Trons tanks as inspirations for my own. My AI super blue should be here next Friday I plan to mount it just like you guys have. How do you like it with the height at 8"?

Hey I just wanted to say that Im using your and Trons tanks as inspirations for my own. My AI super blue should be here next Friday I plan to mount it just like you guys have. How do you like it with the height at 8"?

For my biocube29 it's pretty perfect make sure you get the controller it's so worth it! And thanks man that's a huge compliment. Now on my new tank the light will have to sit up at 12" above water line for a wider spread since the new tank is 30" long.

Pics r amazing things if we see them :ninja:

Pm me your cell # and I'll foward you the pic when Chris sends it to me.

Aunt Minnie

Stand is looking great, looking forward to seeing it finished! Sketchup is definitely an awesome tool, albeit be forewarned it can become a little addicting...

Stand is looking great, looking forward to seeing it finished! Sketchup is definitely an awesome tool, albeit be forewarned it can become a little addicting...

Thanks! sketchup was super cool and pretty easy once you figured it out a bit. Watched a couple of the vids and then figured it out. Now i want to build something else, So next is going to be a shelf of some sort to hold my track rims in my garage above the fridgerator. And Chris @ picO text me a pic of the tank curing..... Going to be awesome!!!

Decided on the Tunze 3155 OSMOLATOR ato.. I like some the features it has and its track record plus the safety switch it has incase the pump gets stuck on i know there is some cheaper units but havent found any failures with this one. I'll be using this with the new tank and in a 5gal bucket. Have been searching for a used tunze 9002 protein skimmer but i think i may just order a new one with the stevieT cup. Now i just have to decide on using my sand from the biocube or picking up some new not so fine reef special grade argonite sand. Here's a quick teaser from Chris at PicO newtank.jpg

Decided on the Tunze 3155 OSMOLATOR ato.. I like some the features it has and its track record plus the safety switch it has incase the pump gets stuck on i know there is some cheaper units but havent found any failures with this one. I'll be using this with the new tank and in a 5gal bucket. Have been searching for a used tunze 9002 protein skimmer but i think i may just order a new one with the stevieT cup. Now i just have to decide on using my sand from the biocube or picking up some new not so fine reef special grade argonite sand. Here's a quick teaser from Chris at PicO newtank.jpg

Can't wait! When are you picking it up?

Archived