Pod Your Reef

What's the story behind the "black hornet" zoanthids?

SWAG

HecticDialectics
Any other pics of this zoa? Was having a hard time finding one on google.

Most of the only ones I could find were actinic pics. I absolutely hate actinic pics :lol:

I don't do zoas anymore but when I look at the prices basically I compare it to the soprano (which is impossible to get and therefore commands a high price) and when I see a "BH" which is probably not even actually black, going for over twice what sopranos go for... I call smiley-vault-signs-024.gif

Thats why I love my lfs, theres a square at the bottom of the frag tank, ZOAS, 50 cents pp, Ive gotten True Repeople eaters, darthmauls and eagle eyes out of that bin.

I dont really care about the names, but I looked them up just to see what they were...as long as they look nice, who cares.

Wow, I hate you! My lfs has crap coral that's always WAAAYY overpriced and never that nice.

If I had more money I would'nt give a flying #### about what price ANYTHING was...I would buy WHATEVER I saw that I wanted, PLAIN AND SIMPLE...

If you have the money spend it HOWEVER YOU want to

ThePhilosopher
Surprised this hasn't been posted:

Black_Hornets.gif

Oh poo...

But still. Assuming that such a unique zoa morph did exist, I would say that a high price would be justified.

pics?

everybody who say that they bought true purple hornets for cheap usually have bought immination..so please show us a pic of what you got. Although it is possible since purple hornets are not so rare nowaday.

I would love to find real PH here...I can only find cheap immitation without the alternating tentacles.

I would not pay that much for a black hornet because I don,t like them so much, but I would pay for a red hornet or a blue hornet 50$ per polyp.

lololol I bought some for $7.50/pp true PH, ring and alternating skirt

yep..and expensive zoas are a pain as they like to melt for no reason. The tric is to slip any colony that is doing well before it start to melt, or else you can say bye bye. But there are some rare and colorful paly that are awesome and they are much less prone to melting than the small zoanthus sociatus.

I don't waste my money on small polyp any longer and buy those beautiful large palythoas polyps.

I used to have those. Had like 30 polyps then they receded and died. I hate zoas.
  • 7 years later...
On 11/7/2011 at 2:44 AM, Trick said:

it's just hype. It's only for the people that actually care about the name of the zoa's they have. I have some "flying turd burgers" if your interested though, only found in my own aquarium. 5$ per polyp. ;)

Do you still have the FTBs

Ill take a couple