Top Shelf Aquatics

36g Corner Bow - Distraction in my Office

HiImSean

i decided to remove the frag rack and the tank looks much better. i moved a few things around. excuse the poor quality photos

1334087748.jpg

1334088031.jpg

zoa colonies

1334087898.jpg

1334087993.jpg

sps actually doing well

1334087948.jpg

zoa and acan frags

1334087967.jpg

chalices and poor sps

1334088010.jpg

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This tank is aweseom man. I had a frag of darth mauls that did fine in my tank for about a month, grew 3 new heads and then just melted away for no reason. I have wanted to try another frag of them but I hear they melt all the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

update time...

i've been recently dealing with an outbreak of flatworms. they're really not causing any problems right now, more of an eye score. i started sucking them out but frankly, it sucked so i stopped. i don't think i'll worry about them until i upgrade.

i've picked up a few new corals lately. i added 3 ricordea, a yuma (has already split), a new little zoa colony, and a jayda chalice. my magician zoa is starting to pop out baby polyps left and right. i got a hand full of hermits which lasted all of 2 days. they started knocking over corals and i spent a good bit of time this morning fixing things when i got to the office.

1338317542.jpg

1338317192.jpg

1338317211.jpg

• 1 month later...

its been a while since i've updated the tank. unfortunately things have been rough for a while, i've neglected the tank for a few weeks, been traveling a lot for work lately. i've lost a few corals, mostly chalice frags and my acans are looking bad :( zoas are doing well, my blue agave has 2 new polyps and two growing. i took my MP10 of line because i think my hammer and frogspawn were upset, they seem to be happier with just the HOB filter.

im looking for a tank to upgrade in my office. the house hunt is still continuing so im sell my rimless cube and equipment for it. i have my 36g corner bow that im thinking of setting up. i have my AI sol, CPR HOB skimmer, MP10es and apex jr i can use on it. if i do it ill start the project in 2 weeks. im debating drilling it and keeping my NAC6 if i can squeeze my little 15g under the stand which has very little room.

upgrade work begins today! i moved the 36g to my office last weekend but have been out of town since. today on my lunch break im going to clean it out real good. im trying to find someone local to drill the tank for me but im debating of just using a HOB skimmer instead. if i drill it i can squeeze a 15g underneath the stand and put my BM NAC6 in it. i plan on using some finer sand than with my 5.5g. i've got all new rock for a fresh start.

any ideas on what to add besides my existing clown?

1342700730.jpg

Bubble Magus NAC5E skimmer ordered! I'll be painting the tank tomorrow and hopefully finding sand this week sometime.

started messing with the rock work today. not really sure how its going to end up. i do plan on using that one big white piece, not sure about the rest.

1343678231.jpg

1343678160.jpg

Archived