Pod Your Reef

36g Corner Bow - Distraction in my Office

HiImSean

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did a parameter test today

temp - 79*

sg - 1.021 (a bit low, got the water from a LFS. guess i'll have to add some more salt or find another store)

pH - 8.2

nitrates - 0ppm

nitrites - .8ppm

ammonia - ~.10ppm

i've been topping off with a SW mix instead of RODI and slowly the sg is coming up, its at 1.023 now. i purchased a bucket of Red Sea Coral Pro and plan on mixing my own next time. last night i picked up a ball of chaeto and tossed it in the fuge. im not sure if it had much life in it so i may just dump in a bottle of pods so they can start populating before adding any fish. CUC to come this weekend :D

JBJ ATO came in today. salinity is slowly coming up. i mixed some water to 1.027, my tank is still 1.023. this weekend im going to get my CUC. i may grab a frag too, a LFS has had some digitata and they're going quickly. i asked how much and the said $10, its about 2.5" unmounted green with orange polyps. i'm also pretty sure i've decided on a tailspot blenny, my LFS regularly has them for $20.

i've got my MP10ES laying around for my cube build that im thinking of placing in here :D would i be crazy to do this?

did some more testing

sg - 1.024

temp - 79*

pH - 8.2

ammonia - 0

nitrite - 0.3ppm

nitrate - 0.2ppm

po4 - .02ppm

alk - 10.1dKH

Ca - 400ppm

Mg - 1315ppm

someone local is giving away free corals b/c they're breaking down their tank. my be getting a war coral, duncans, and purple polys. keeping my fingers crossed

duncans are my favorite! good luck on getting some free corals

are you happy with the ac fuge mod? santa is bringing me a ac70 for my pico and i cant wait!

im pretty happy with it. it give a good amount of flow but im thinking about adding a powerhead somewhere in the lower back part of the tank

Thanks devil

Unfortunately the free frag pack didn't work out, someone offered some money and the seller took it. I am going to pick up a few hammer heads this week

the hammer is doing awesome in the tank. last night i had a 2.5hr journey to get a nice 15+ head acan frag and a nice Garf bonsai frag. i moved the digitata a little further back in the tank. i'll prolly move the Garf up a little higher after a few days and move the acan out from the semi shaded spot. i also noticed a little star on my glass today :cool:

Picture006.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Nice dude the garf bonsai is one of my favorite sps, they grow quickly under the right conditions.

How are you likening the red sea coral pro salt?

so far so good with the RSCP. it's easy and clean to mix. all my parameters are looking good with it. i was just using LFS brewed water before and im sure this is much better

Archived