zacheyp

i will be purchasing the tank within a week stocking will be

a TON of corals and nems (ideas)

a bunch of crabs snails and shrimp

1 talbot damsel

1 goby/ blenny

what are your thoughts???

bwoodward0012

leave out the damsel.... small gobies only and some small shrimp or other motile inverts. pom pom crabs, peppermint shrimp, sexy shrimp, bumble bee shrimp would all be good canidates. mini maxi nems would be great, but if you are going for something larger you may want a back up plan for when they get too large for the tank, because they probably will fairly quickly and sting all your other livestock. nems and coral will require an upgraded light (look inton led's, either order a diy kit or go with a par30 or par38 would be your best bet) and you may want to think about upgrading the stock filtration (ac70 with fuge mod is a popular choice).

by the way, this tank should be in the pico section, it's not an all in one. good luck

IMO i would do a clown goby if you want a fish. You can do maxi mini nems with upgraded lighting but they might eat your fish and cuc. Small inverts like sexy shrimp, porcelain crabs, and anemone shrimp will work. Corals will work great. Beginner corals (zoas, palys, and shrooms) if you dont upgrade lighting and harder to keep corals (lps and sps) if you upgrade lighting. My suggestion would be to go through all the pico threads (.Newman, jgpicodope, and pj86 to name a few) and see what they have done from the start till now.

Archived