Coral Vue Hydros

jcastle's picotope

jcastle

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got the rest of my CUC from reef cleaners....i ordered 5 dwarf ceriths and he sent me about 50 of them haha ordered 1 nasarius he sent me 4 and ordered 5 virgin nerites and got 5 of those...i also got a porcelain crab, some cheap kenya tree coral (just to see how coral goes) and a green clown goby...i didn't put all the cerith's in there i put about 15 in because they are super tiny

tank is doing good. the clean up crew is big lol lots of dwarf ceriths. and i bought some kenya tree coral from the LFS that looked good and was cheap. i'll put some pictures up soon if i can find the time haha. oh and the porcelain crab is cool but he's missing one claw but i dont mind. and the green clown goby committed suicide by jumping out of the tank, i have a lid on the way so that wont happen again.

tank is doing good. the clean up crew is big lol lots of dwarf ceriths. and i bought some kenya tree coral from the LFS that looked good and was cheap. i'll put some pictures up soon if i can find the time haha. oh and the porcelain crab is cool but he's missing one claw but i dont mind. and the green clown goby committed suicide by jumping out of the tank, i have a lid on the way so that wont happen again.

Don't worry about the missing claw. It should grow back when it molts (and tricks you into thinking it's dead). My poor pom pom crab lost an arm and a leg the other day. Not sure how, but probably an altercation with a hermit crab, I'd guess. He still has one anemone that he can split into two when his arm grows back.

Bummer about the goby. I'm temporarily housing a tiny sixline wrasse to clean up some persistent flatworms. I wish I could keep her indefinitely, but she'll end up getting way too big for two gallons.

Can't wait to see pictures!

post-70302-1324076484_thumb.jpg

post-70302-1324076552_thumb.jpg

post-70302-1324076582_thumb.jpg

post-70302-1324076616_thumb.jpg

just some fast pictures taken with my phone, top one is the 50 or so dwarf ceriths that i got from reef cleaners even though i only ordered 5 lol, second is my porcelain crab, third is te kenya tree coral, and last is just an overall picture!

Love it. Time to start stocking it slowly with some colorful mushrooms and zoas. In the next month or so, I'm going to take a stab at fragging my pulsing Xenia. Perhaps I could send you a bit. It's slow growing, but super active. Mesmerizing stuff. PM me if you're interested.

Love it. Time to start stocking it slowly with some colorful mushrooms and zoas. In the next month or so, I'm going to take a stab at fragging my pulsing Xenia. Perhaps I could send you a bit. It's slow growing, but super active. Mesmerizing stuff. PM me if you're interested.

thanks! definitely interested in the Xenia. I want to wait a little bit before i add more coral, i want to see how the kenya tree does...i got it just as a tester because it was cheap and looks cool. but i'll PM you when i decide to add more!

i couldn't resist lol i ordered five $10 frags from mr. coral! i was going to wait but i looked and i had to lol i ordered 3 mushrooms, zoas and green star polyps. i'll post some pics when i get them

Merry Christmas Jon..

That lid looks great if I don't say so myself!...lol Hey, just so you know.. seeing that condensation like that. You peeled the protective paper off and just slapped it on the tank, right? Give the lid a wash with some mild dish soap. No scrubbing or anything like that needed. Just a little soap with your hand then rinse it off. That protective paper that's on there leaves, for lack of a better word, a slight film on the acrylic. If you wash it the condensation will be larger drops of water instead of that misty looking stuff. Helps with letting the light through ya know... ;)

Steve

Looking good! That top is awesome! You should market those.

How's the clown doing in the tight quarters? My juvenile sixline wrasse is doing well so far, but will outgrow the 2 gallon tank pretty quick.

I'm gearing up to do a 10" x 10" x 24" pico (nano?) in the next month or two. I really want to keep my sixline wrasse that took care of my flatworm problem. I still want to keep my original 2 gallon pico running though.

Nice tree! Merry Christmas!

John

@glazer made that for me and he did a great job...he can make anything i think lol

the clown is really small now but when he gets bigger it'll give me an excuse to get a bigger tank haha

i actually started another pico project with leftover and old equipment....a 2.5 gallon AIO and so far it's lookin pretty sick...it'll be my bedside pico that i can stare at hahaha

Thanks and Merry Christmas to you!

I found a new LFS that's only 30 min from my house today.....it was amazing! it doesn't look like much but it was great inside. the tanks look awesome and the coral selection is impressive. it's called aquatic technologies and it's in Columbia Station, Ohio if anyone wants to know. i got some zoas and a mushroom for 5 bux a peice and two heads of frogspawn for 20....yeah i know the frogspawn will out grow the tank and it's aggressive but it's my favorite coral so i got some.

so i had some stuff laying around and a 2.5 gallon tank so i decided to put something together....so i built a little 2.5 AIO tank to put next to my bed...i'm going to use the compact fluorescent light that came with the picotope for lighting and i used a small powerhead that i bought years ago for the return. also a small 25 watt heater. i have about a pound and a half of dry rock to use and some sand left over from the 3 gallon pico in this thread....what do you guys think? should i make a new thread for this little guy?

post-70302-1324797683_thumb.jpg

post-70302-1324797698_thumb.jpg

post-70302-1324797709_thumb.jpg

Nice! Can't wait to see that up and running.

So, the other day I ordered a custom sized 24x10x10 tank from Micro-reefs. It'll be about a month before its done, but should be an amazing tank when it's done.

Nice! Can't wait to see that up and running.

So, the other day I ordered a custom sized 24x10x10 tank from Micro-reefs. It'll be about a month before its done, but should be an amazing tank when it's done.

Thanks...i put it together in about a half an hour after i was done visiting family lol i'll probably have sand water and rock in it this week sometime....i'll probably get a really small piece or two of LR from the LFS too for seeding and use just some filter floss and chemi pure in the filter spot. i plan on just having zoas a couple snails and a couple blue legs in it...i can just pull those from the 3 gallon bc i have more than enough in it haha

I think that i might have Micro-reefs build me one eventually, maybe a year or so, because that frogspawn i have is going to get too big eventually haha and i dont want to get rid of it

I look forward to seeing what you do with the tank when you get it! Merry Christmas!

Archived