ReefCleaners.org

The Return of the Tank Sitter

metrokat

I got the "two nemos" home today. TS was terribly excited that I finally had a "fish" tank.

I kicked a ##### out of my house for attitude towards my tank. She came over with my buddy and I had never met her before. He was telling her how cool my tank is and whatnot on the way over. She comes in with him, goes to the tank, looks at it for five seconds and says " I thought you said he had a fish tank" I only had a clown and clown goby in the tank. I say, "It's a reef tank...the coral is what it's all about" she goes, "The plant things?"

I said, "Gary you gotta get this ##### outta here pretty quick" We still laugh about it. :lol:

#####baitsayscoolstorybro

• Like 1
igotreefermadness

Gotta keep your pimp hand strong Formula462 haha. That's like when people at our store are like "oh are those coral are real?" and they're pointing to our 450g frag tank.

And I swear to god one of these days I'm going to snap if I have to hear someone call a clownfish a Nemo one more time.

I kicked a ##### out of my house for attitude towards my tank. She came over with my buddy and I had never met her before. He was telling her how cool my tank is and whatnot on the way over. She comes in with him, goes to the tank, looks at it for five seconds and says " I thought you said he had a fish tank" I only had a clown and clown goby in the tank. I say, "It's a reef tank...the coral is what it's all about" she goes, "The plant things?"

I said, "Gary you gotta get this ##### outta here pretty quick" We still laugh about it. :lol:

#####baitsayscoolstorybro

That's pretty funny. I still get a laugh rereading the thread.

kevin

Kat: Yo, what’s happening?

TS: That SOB pistol is too loud

Kat: oh, well I told you he’s armed, hehe

TS: What is this fungus in the tank now?

Kat: WHAT FUNGUS?

TS: This new thing or coral you got, has green fungus on it

Kat: WHAT CORAL HAS FUNGUS ON IT?

TS: Calm down! It’s that branchy looking thing

Kat: That’s an ORA Bird! It’s supposed to have green polyps.

TS: Looks like fungus

• Like 1
Kat: Yo, what’s happening?

TS: That SOB pistol is too loud

Kat: oh, well I told you he’s armed, hehe

TS: What is this fungus in the tank now?

Kat: WHAT FUNGUS?

TS: This new thing or coral you got, has green fungus on it

Kat: WHAT CORAL HAS FUNGUS ON IT?

TS: Calm down! It’s that branchy looking thing

Kat: That’s an ORA Bird! It’s supposed to have green polyps.

TS: Looks like fungus

OMG he called it a fungus! LMAO I almost peed myself!

SO did the kids decide on a for sure name for them yet or no? LOL

Pics of the TS.

Although [his] pics were pretty good.

No pics, I can describe details. He's perfectly groomed, has a horrible sweet tooth, neat, preppy dresser, (in fact one of my fav pictures is him, my dad and my nephew ALL wearing argyll sweaters, like how nerdy can you get). He's a tech geek, I think I get my geek from him, or maybe we both get it from our dad. He's also an old soul, brilliant, a walking encyclopedia, maddeningly accurate mathematics and can't live without cookies. When he's overseas he calls twice a day without fail, I talk to him more than I talk to my mom. He was tweeting before anybody even knew what twitter was, he is the reason my mom butt calls me from an android she otherwise doesn't care for (we all have androids), now we seem to ALL be slowly switching to apple...

HA, I walk into my parents room in the mornings when I am visiting and they both are on their iPads, their androids going bing ting ping as they send each other emails. The "fwd" button should be disabled when folks reach their 60's. I'm just saying!

I agree!

I think it's hilarious! Thats nice your so close to TS (brother I believe right) I'm lucky if my family who lives 5 minutes away calls once a month unless they need something, like a ride or their dog's hair cut or money <_< I don't have any so why they ask IDK.

Nice Love that he is calling the Birdnest fungus! LMAO

On Facetime:

TS: Hello baby

Baby: Hello papa, what you are doing?

TS: I’m working baby

Baby: What Bogi is doing (side note that’s my cat)

TS: He’s sleeping

Baby: NO HE’S NOT! HE’S OVER THERE!

TS: (Turns around) Oh no, he might jump into the fish tank, what should we do?

Baby: OH NO! Stop him papa, the gun will shoot him! (side note: pistol shrimp)

TS: What gun?!

Baby: YOU TOLD ME THERE IS A GUN IN THE TANK, SAVE BOGI PAPA

TS: Don't worry nothing will happen

Baby: (almost in tears) MUMMMA, THE GUN WILL SHOOT BOGI

TS: there is no gun, it's okay nothing will happen

Baby: You killed the gun papa?

Edited by metrokat
  • Like 1

Awww!

So cute baby was all worried the pistol shrimp is going to kill the cat! Were you ROTFL'ing while this was going on or were you going "Keep the cat off my tank" LMAO

• Like 1

I'm at my desk, TS is at his desk. We are both in the same apartment on gchat. :blink:

Kat: So I'm posting the pictures you took on the forum, what lens did you use?

TS: The big one

Kat: OKAAAY. what is it called?

TS: EF 70-200 f/4L

Kat: What kinda camera?

TS: Eos 20d

Kat: any other info?

TS: No

Kat: oh come on we have to make it exciting

TS walks in to my home office: just tell them you don't know how to use a camera. Can you make me some green tea?

Max

download%20(1).jpg

Max & Ruby (blasted snail in the middle)

download.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok,

I just found this thread. I don't care what anyone says, this one should get an award or something!

I rarley get tears in my eyes from reading something on the web, but I mean truly funny. Even the avatar from FLCandy had me in stitches "How to charge your cat" :lol:

I am a cat lover, I miss having one. I can just see it!

This belongs in Nano Reef History! hehe

Love the clowns too!

Edited by friar1

Lol, thank you. I have some one liner golden nuggets from TS and TSBig Daddy (my dad)

TS: I don't think you should set up the Christmas tree this year

Kat: Why ever not?! Do you stay with me at holiday time? No! Pfsh.

TS: Because you have a fish tank now, it's just as bright

BigDaddy TS: Nice hobby baby

Kat: Yeah I love it

BigDaddy TS: The tank is too small

Kat: :blink:

BigDaddy TS: You really should have gotten one like about so big (==I==) (makes a generic measurement by extending his arms 4 feet wide)

Kat: omgomgomg

BigDaddy TS: Are you crying? I'll buy it, don't worry.

present # 2 from TS just arrived, I'll take a video of the tank today with itIMG_20111128_104546.jpg: