Top Shelf Aquatics

Jgpicos 14 bc

jgpico

I have had this tank set up for a while now but never started a thread for it. Its nothing special, I initially set it up to house my fiancee's true percs. There is nothing too special in the tank right now but we are slowly beginning to stock it more and more. as of right now the only things in the tank are a pair of true pers, an RBTA, a trachy, frogspawn and a tiny kenya tree coral. Let me know what you think. Thanks for lookin.

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

pics suck but you get the idea.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it looks great!....i can tell your running leds on this tank

Thanks hype i appreciate it. To be honest we threw the tank together in a hurry because we finally got some nice looking true percs in at the store and we also had a RBTA. we didnt even take the time to make a nice looking scape lol. We went with the pile o rocks look with this one. Your'e right about the leds as well. It is an ecoxotic par 38. I like the color temp of this bulb but it has 60 degree optics so i had to hang it pretty high to get decent cover and even with it that high it doesnt cover the whole tank. I'm thinking of either buying the ai nano or doing a diy led build for this tank. The only new piece of equipment we got for this tank was the vortech and man do I love playing with that thing lol.

i like it too, simple and with a purpose

Thank you. It definitely does have a purpose, to house my fiancee's precious clownfish lol. I have started to like this tank more and more but I havent been too fond of the biocube. I do like how simple it is but I cannot get the filter chamber to shut up and I constantly have micro bubbles...

Its nice to finally see what this tank looks like. Love the rbta

yeah lol It's nothing great but it is growing on me more and more. I wish the rbta would choose a more visible spot but it seems to like where its at.

Im thinking of doing an led diy for this tank. for all of you other biocube owners would you rather keep the stock look and do a retro fit kit or do something that makes it an open top tank and hang the light over it? Im just looking for ideas here. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an orphek pr25 dimmable par bulb from a friend that I'm going to use on this tank to see how I like it. It has a couple uv leds in it and I'm interested to see if they make any difference. I am hoping to get the light tonight so if I do ill post some pics. Other than that I snapped a couple pictures of some new stuff that we put in the tank last night. I hope you enjoy.

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

Fts

IMAG0334.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have a small sad update. The male true perc died for an unknown reason. Params check out fine and he didn't really show any signs of being sick. So now the only fish in the tank is the female perc and she seems to be doing great. She has grown a ton and loves her rbta home. I guess this tank is going to remain a one fish tank unless I find a sand sifting goby I like. Any suggestions?

heres a couple random pics.

IMAG0413.jpg

I need to find a better spot for these.

IMAG0414.jpg

IMAG0410.jpg

ApiratenamedJohn

Nice! I usually don't like the mounds of rock look. But you make it work. Those shrooms are amazing!

Sorry to here about the clown though.

Nice! I usually don't like the mounds of rock look. But you make it work. Those shrooms are amazing!

Sorry to here about the clown though.

thanks for the compliment I really appreciate it. I usually dont go with the mound of rock look but for this tank we didn't really have much rock to work with. This tank was set up originally for my fiancee's rbta and true percs so all we really cared about was the nem having some good spots to grab ahold of and some swimming room for the fish. Since we started throwing random stuff in from the lfs we work at I have started liking it more and more.

are you using both the orphek pr25 and exoctic?

I actually took the rapid led par 38 that I had over my 3 gallon and put it over the 14 and i am not using the orphek bulb over my pico. This tank has went through too many light changes lol.

That's tight. No wonder it looks so good. You guys get first dibs on all the new stuff that comes in. :D

Its a gift and a curse, there are months where I never get a paycheck. Its a good thing it is just my secondary job or i'd be screwed. I try not to steal all the sick corals before we have a chance to make some money at the store but its hard sometimes.

ApiratenamedJohn

Hahahaha hilarious. But I understand, all the fish stores here know me by name. I could only imagine if I worked at one. Lol

I actually took the rapid led par 38 that I had over my 3 gallon and put it over the 14 and i am not using the orphek bulb over my pico. This tank has went through too many light changes lol.

which light did you like the best?

• 2 weeks later...
ApiratenamedJohn
It's hard. My fiancee used to get mad but now that she works there part time as well she is worse than me.

Hahaha my fiancé used to get so angry cause I'd be lookin up stuff on my phone all day. Now that she has an interest in the hobby she spends as much time if not more lookin up stuff on my phone. Lol

Those green zoos are awesome. Love the mushies too.

Archived