Pod Your Reef

Smity's 40BB

Smity

@thirdchild - The larger one in the group is that angry and a bully. The rest are tame.

@revaltion - Long story short, I wanted a DSLR but the wife wanted a point and shoot... We decided on the Sony Alpha NEX C3 w/18-55 zoom lens. The best of both worlds, it does take some wonderful close up shots due to the SLR CMOS image sensor.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 3
Well I was going to take some pictures today but I think I have a major issue...

Looks like New Tank Syndrome :(

For the past week the tank has been getting progressivally cloudier. I added chemipure to see if it would clean it out but it is just getting worse and just today I am missing 1 out 3 of the chromis. Broke apart the rockwork trying to find his dead body but still couldnt find him. I have a DIY net on top of the tank and there would be no way of jumping out I even checked around the tank and cant find anything.

So this is the plan, I have my RODI unit filling up a 35 gallon container and tonight I am going to make some fresh saltwater and do a major water change during this major water change tomorrow I hope to find the decaying fish.

Any advice would be helpful, for clean up crew all I have is 1 blue legged hermit and 3 large turbo snails.

Maybe it took longer to cycle than you thought and screwed some stuff up =\. I got a strange spike in mine but I think it was because of a dead macro I had in there.

I figured out what happened during that issue. Biopellets created the cloud when they were first introduced and the fish went down the overflow and chewed up by the skimmer. :(

* I actually have had to save 3 fish so far that have wandered to close to the overflow. All have survived down in the sump until I netted them and brought them back to the display. Lets just say they learned from there mistakes :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just some end of month photos. BTA has grown alot due to getting fed every other day basically alternating mysis and rods food.

dsc00879r.jpg

dsc00880hk.jpg

dsc00882c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry ;)

Clowns started to host the nem! But for the past month I have been getting ready for a career change which will probably move me out of state so I have been selling the coral and just recently put the tank up for sale on a local forum.

Im not out totally just for the time being until I move. Definitly will be a bigger and better tank when stuff gets situated.

Thanks for everyones interest ill be back soon :)

WHAT! Aww... Hate to see the tank go but...

Congrats on your new career! Wish you the best of luck and definitely get that bigger tank later when you get everything settle down. Don't rush!

Are you selling anything equip or corals wise on here?

Archived