inTank Media Baskets

Smity's 40BB

Smity

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when placing the template, you just lined it up along the bottom edge of the black rim still?

Thats correct because if you think about it, if it had teeth it would be the same dimensions on the box but the water level in the display would be maybe 1/4 inch lower.if that.

Nice i have a pink/green fusion going on. Can't wait to see what they end up looking like.

Thank you sir, now im going to have to really check you 50B out.

How's the dual return from glass holes? I have a single return and when I filled it to test it, It moved a crazy amount of water. Haven't finished my stand, but it will be up soon.

How's the dual return from glass holes? I have a single return and when I filled it to test it, It moved a crazy amount of water. Haven't finished my stand, but it will be up soon.

I think using one return would have been more effecient because with two I have to add more bends into the return piping which is adding more head to the pump. If I had to do it again I would have stuck with one. One plus side is that I can move the current of both flows kind of like if I had two MP10's pointed directly at each other or point them at SPS corals for additonal direct flow.

Cant wait to check your tank out when its running pop in and lmk.

Thanks

I will. I'm excited. Just waiting for my friend to skin my stand. He's off playing in the water this weekend.

I'm also waiting for my LEDs to ship with the makersled heatsink. They dont ship till may 10th.

Well I was going to take some pictures today but I think I have a major issue...

Looks like New Tank Syndrome :(

For the past week the tank has been getting progressivally cloudier. I added chemipure to see if it would clean it out but it is just getting worse and just today I am missing 1 out 3 of the chromis. Broke apart the rockwork trying to find his dead body but still couldnt find him. I have a DIY net on top of the tank and there would be no way of jumping out I even checked around the tank and cant find anything.

So this is the plan, I have my RODI unit filling up a 35 gallon container and tonight I am going to make some fresh saltwater and do a major water change during this major water change tomorrow I hope to find the decaying fish.

Any advice would be helpful, for clean up crew all I have is 1 blue legged hermit and 3 large turbo snails.

I had that problem the first week I setup the tank also. Lost my chromis and did a 70% wc and just used a skimmer and also filter floss along with carbon only through an AC110. The next day it look way better and by the end of the week I was ready to add my corals in. I hope you can find out the problem soon of the decaying fish. Glwyt!

Thanks... Only thing is my tank has been setup for almost 12 weeks now and everything has been at zero except for the first week due to using Dr. Tims bacteria in a bottle. Im going to take readings tonight before I do the water change though.

Skimmer has been pulling out nasty black sludge for the past 6 weeks. If its not neew tank syndrome It maybe the kalk I have started in the ATO. I like it because it keeps my PH at a steady 8.1-8.2 but If the alk is to high this might be causing it. I have a calcium test but no Alk test either way all post all test tonight.

So the results are in...

major test report 0

dsc00440ue.jpg

Calcium on the other hand is off the charts @ 520ppm. Im think I may not need the kalkwasser just yet for the frags I have.

So the bloom im contributing to either leaking phosphates from the BRS dry rock or my Alk is way out of balance. Im going to hold off on a water change and ride it out.

Alright changed my mind and did a 30% water change last night. Tank seems to look alot better had to rescape though :(

Also I dumped the kalk mix out and am just going to run ro/di for top off. I added a filter sock and am starting the NP biopelets again. Will see where this goes :)

got some more SPS corals also pics below

dsc00444qo.jpg

pinkmilli.jpg

dsc00453hi.jpg

dsc00451h.jpg

dsc00448f.jpg

dsc00447fy.jpg

Scape sucks, :lol: didn't take you as the type that flirts.

No but really, I think the older scape was a little nicer.

Scape sucks, :lol: didn't take you as the type that flirts.

No but really, I think the older scape was a little nicer.

I liked the older one also but once i tore it down looking for that stupid fish i could never get it back.

I moved a couple rocks to find something too, and couldn't put my scape back to how I had it. Wtf? I have like 5 rocks in my display. I think I even took a picture.

I say, try some epoxy and try to clump some of the rock a little more. It might give your tank a little more depth.

Thank you Matt!

I got some updated pics coming just been hesitant to post them because there of recent pick-ups and I want to make sure they are going to work out first.

6 line wrasse and a rose bubble tip anemone

I pust some pics up later tonight. I've had them for the past 3 days and I thinks it safe to include them in the thread.

Could you tell me how far down the top of your hole for the bulkhead is from the bottom rim of the tank?

My 40b has a hole for a 1 inch bulkhead already and wanted to see if getting the Glass-holes overflow would work, or end up too low.

Could you tell me how far down the top of your hole for the bulkhead is from the bottom rim of the tank?

My 40b has a hole for a 1 inch bulkhead already and wanted to see if getting the Glass-holes overflow would work, or end up too low.

About 1 inch down from the rim but as an FYI the overflow is made for a 1 1/2 bulkhead. With a 1 inch you wont be able to achieve 700gph.

PICTURE UPLOAD TIME!

dsc00491jx.jpg

dsc00515yy.jpg

dsc00516bk.jpg

dsc00493w.jpgdsc00494en.jpg

dsc00500v.jpg

dsc00501gq.jpg

dsc00502zl.jpg

dsc00504f.jpg

dsc00506qc.jpg

dsc00507ek.jpg

dsc00510du.jpg

dsc00513tx.jpg

dsc00519b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

mostly same corals but some growth.

*check out this Rainbow echinada acan that grew from this...

47a1dd02b3127cce9854835.jpg

To this...

dsc00546pq.jpg

dsc00544vj.jpg

dsc00535m.jpg

Im bored and not many comments on the thread so deciding to put some acan growth pics up roughly 1 year in the making like above with the echinada... FTS will be updated tomorrow I moved most of the acans from my 10 gallon into to 40B.

Cherry corals(online) picked up as 4 heads.

Then

img20110427174441.jpg

dsc02213z.jpg

Now

dsc00538kx.jpg

Oceans and Seas (LFS) **Raptors**

Then

img20110427174422.jpg

Now

dsc00301k.jpg

Mr.Coral (online) Acan on far left

Then

img20110427174430.jpg

Now

dsc00461ab.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing really new just migrated a few acans over from my 10 gallon tank.

*Oh the the RBTA is doing good almost doubled in size. Also got rid of the MP10 for a pair of Tunze 6045 way better flow in the tank.

dsc006191.jpg

dsc006211.jpg

dsc006251.jpg

Archived