Top Shelf Aquatics

Maestro's 7.5g Mr. Aqua Build

VtheMaestro

can wait to see it all set up. how come you didnt go with the ac70 and use a bit smaller impeller?

I found a 70. It's about a full inch taller than the 50. I'll bring it home and see how I feel about it on the tank.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My pico is up and running. Kylebeano and Fewskillz convinced me to go with the AC70 with an AC50 impeller instead of an AC50.

I got some red fire fern from Reefcleaners for the display so I probably won't bother with a fuge mode for chaeto. I used water and live rock from my larger tank so I don't anticipate much of a cycle. I just went ahead and threw a few pieces of coral and 4 snails in the tank to get it going.

I'm lighting the tank with a single 19 watt 12K White/445nm BluePanorama Pro LED module (waiting on the mounting arms that Ecoxotic is releasing next week) I hope it's not too much light for my coral seeing as how the tank is pretty shallow.

I would've snapped pics, but let me just put it out there that iPhones and saltwater don't mix. :mellow: I'll post some as soon as my camera is back in business.

Acclimating and inspecting.

6289374747_cdff735570.jpg

Is that one of those floating molly breeders... But with suction cups? Did you add them on, or purchase it like that? I could def get more use out of mine if it stayed in one spot in the tank...

Is that one of those floating molly breeders... But with suction cups? Did you add them on, or purchase it like that? I could def get more use out of mine if it stayed in one spot in the tank...

yup, that's what it is. The suction cups came with it, they're detachable.

I got my tank all set up with a scape I'm comfortable with (for now). Waiting on my Jager heater, running an Aqueon in it's place in the meantime

6310964159_854fbd6e57.jpg

Until Ecoxotic releases the arms to mount the Panorama Pro Module my son's toy will have to suffice. :P

6311485606_8d08d9495e.jpg

I ordered a media basket for my AC70 and an overflow/surface skimmer box from Glazer, can't wait to add them to my setup.

I picked up the waterproof LifeProof case that Reefbuilders posted about so my new iPhone 4s is safe from rogue splashes.

I got my tank all set up with a scape I'm comfortable with (for now). Waiting on my Jager heater, running an Aqueon in it's place in the meantime

6310964159_854fbd6e57.jpg

Until Ecoxotic releases the arms to mount the Panorama Pro Module my son's toy will have to suffice. :P

6311485606_8d08d9495e.jpg

I ordered a media basket for my AC70 and an overflow/surface skimmer box from Glazer, can't wait to add them to my setup.

I picked up the waterproof LifeProof case that Reefbuilders posted about so my new iPhone 4s is safe from rogue splashes.

GTFO.

Illest fixture hanging mod EVER.

;)

After looking at how nicely lit up your tank looks I'm rethinking my lighting.

That single fixture puts out a good amount of light for sure.

I like the color.

:wizard:

Thanks

My new scape. I want to make a 'lawn' out of ricordeas in the front sand. I'll see what Coral Morphologic has in store.

6316184054_287f0ff12e_z.jpg

I got my Jager 50w heater in the mail and took the Aqueon out. Aside from limiting accessibility, does anyone think it's a problem to have rocks covering it?

6316184270_dd058d71ee_z.jpg

A shot of the whole thing, my baby's toy still doing double duty til something better comes along. The thing at the bottom isn't fancy fish gear - it's a Harmon Kardon sub woofer.

6315663919_2cf59f7807_z.jpg

I'm not sure if my corals like how bright the light is, I raised it slightly to give them a break.

My new scape. I want to make a 'lawn' out of ricordeas in the front sand. I'll see what Coral Morphologic has in store.

6316184054_287f0ff12e_z.jpg

I got my Jager 50w heater in the mail and took the Aqueon out. Aside from limiting accessibility, does anyone think it's a problem to have rocks covering it?

6316184270_dd058d71ee_z.jpg

A shot of the whole thing, my baby's toy still doing double duty til something better comes along. The thing at the bottom isn't fancy fish gear - it's a Harmon Kardon sub woofer.

6315663919_2cf59f7807_z.jpg

I'm not sure if my corals like how bright the light is, I raised it slightly to give them a break.

Still loving the toy...

Can I ask how you utilize the HK sub with the tank right above?

I like the ricordea lawn :)

Yeah, it should be a nice colorful touch and keep the sand sheltered from diatoms.

Still loving the toy...

Can I ask how you utilize the HK sub with the tank right above?

lol, not sure if you're kidding, but the sub doesn't vibrate the table in any noticeable amount. The design of it does a good job at isolating transmission of the bass. Nevertheless, I don't play it often and never at high volumes.

In other news, the iphone 4s camera is amazing. The color rendition and tonal balance is a great step up from the 4. When I blow pics up, I can really see the difference.

Yeah I'm definitely loving the upgraded camera. It's still iffy with blue lights but you can work around it. I'm more happy you can crop photos straight from the phone now.

Yeah I'm definitely loving the upgraded camera. It's still iffy with blue lights but you can work around it. I'm more happy you can crop photos straight from the phone now.

Definitely

New shipment form Coral Morphologic just came. Expertly pack and personalized as usual.

6326071187_fdd7b90eed.jpg

6326823212_30de47f32a.jpg

People eater zoas

6326823476_769f95dbb9.jpg

Red St. Thomas mushroom

6326072491_d854619ac4.jpg

Green rainbow Ricordea

6326073071_9a2fc69a48.jpg

Super Red Discosoma

6326072697_f395bd5466.jpg

Silver-Pink Ricordea & Platinum-Blue w/Aqua Skirt Ricordea

6326823848_8e82038805.jpg