Innovative Marine Aquariums

Streetsong's pico-de-guy-o

streetsong

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to post a close-up (but not incredibly focused) photo of my sympodium frag that I mentioned a few days ago. Does anyone have experience with this soft coral?

post-45694-1326244215_thumb.jpg

where does the de and o come from? :P

Ha! I have spent 2 days trying to come up with a clever reply but I've got nothing! Well played!

I just snapped this top-down shot right before a water change. This is the best pic that I've been able to get of this tank so far with my iphone 4.

post-45694-1326499729_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your feedback, everyone. This is my third pico but the first one that I feel even a little successful with. My next addition (yes, I am adding more corals :) ) will be a few ricordeas on the far right side.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update. I added a very tiny plate coral that I picked up from the LFS. A customer has a large plate that spits out babies (not literally) every few months. Due to the coloring, they normally sell within a few hours. I stopped in and they had a few so I had to have one. I know that it won't be able to live in this small tank forever, but it works for now. Here is a pic of the plate and a new FTS. Questions and comments are always greatly appreciated! -Brandon

post-45694-1327543502_thumb.jpg

post-45694-1327543525_thumb.jpg

Time for an update. I added a very tiny plate coral that I picked up from the LFS. A customer has a large plate that spits out babies (not literally) every few months. Due to the coloring, they normally sell within a few hours. I stopped in and they had a few so I had to have one. I know that it won't be able to live in this small tank forever, but it works for now. Here is a pic of the plate and a new FTS. Questions and comments are always greatly appreciated! -Brandon

post-45694-1327543502_thumb.jpg

post-45694-1327543525_thumb.jpg

Sweet find there Brandon, your tank looks wonderful. Hands down the winner in this competition. :)

I think you and I are the only one's with black sand at the moment lol.. I love the Ikea lamp, its way to cool and I love your coral color scheme...

I think you and I are the only one's with black sand at the moment lol.. I love the Ikea lamp, its way to cool and I love your coral color scheme...

Thanks! The pic makes it hard to tell, but it's actually bare-bottom. The texture is coraline growth, woohoo! I have tried to be pretty thoughtful with my coral selection, but the boost par30 lamp is to thank for the coloration.

Archived