inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Pico: Fashionably oops!

metrokat

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FW test. Sigh. No it's not cloudy or hot water, that is spray paint on the front. Bloody hell.

IMG_20111101_182726.jpg

Also, is it my kit or everyones too, the light just doesn't stay perfectly perpendicular. It sloooowly bends down. I'm afraid to tighten it too much.

Edit: main coon eh? hmmm

:eek: suspicions confirmed...scampers to hide the "chestnut coat"

did somebody say chestnut? I'm interested.

and there is no way to get it off?

I'm all ears, I've got even Mike from Micro reefs looking it up. I'm afraid to use solvent in case it mars the surface of this acrylic but no way to tell unless I do a test right?

did somebody say chestnut? I'm interested.

I'm all ears, I've got even Mike from Micro reefs looking it up. I'm afraid to use solvent in case it mars the surface of this acrylic but no way to tell unless I do a test right?

You can use this to remove scratches after you sand the paint off but it's a lot of work.

http://freckleface.com/shopsite_sc/store/h...sticpolish.html

it has everything to do with that.

Precisely.

Kat, why didn't you at least turn on a porch light when you spray-painted it?

it has everything to do with that.

Oh guys do things just as stupid. They just don't like to admit it and ask for help, haha.

Kat, sorry about the spray paint. I'm sure you'll figure out something to fix it.

Precisely.

Kat, why didn't you at least turn on a porch light when you spray-painted it?

What is this precisely business. I don't have a porch light, it is not a porch, it is a high rise, with a patio. It was windy. I stopped after the first spray but the damage was done.

Magic Eraser to remove the spray paint? Wont scratch either. Just a suggestion.

I'll try this, thanks.

Deleted User 6
Oh guys do things just as stupid. They just don't like to admit it and ask for help, haha.

i've never spray painted the front of my aquarium.

:rant: I did not spray paint the front of my aquarium, it was windy.

lol, no worries, do or die. :@)

I'm sorry Kat,I do hope you find a solution that works for the paint/scratches; although I did chukle at the thought of accidentally spray painting the front of the aquarium :P

Two words for all y'all people out there.

MAGIC ERASER!

Thank you May!!!!

:bowdown:

Wow. That is good to know. I would have thought melamine would have scratched the acrylic.

How men work- :P

1. How to lift a 90 gallon tank onto a table without asking for help

IMG_20110304_163911.jpg

2. Protective gear. Yes, someone put a "Ladies" sign on my shop bathroom door. -_-

IMG_20110304_172523.jpg

3. Painter's tape and cardboard to cover all areas not intended to be paint covered. This includes sealing the open top of the tank.

IMG_20110304_184149.jpg

4. Use of spray paint that bonds to glass, is reef safe, and is not affected by salt water exposure.

IMG_20110304_181034.jpg

5. Spray multiple very light coats a few minutes apart.

IMG_20110304_185907.jpg

IMG_20110304_192334.jpg

6. Fill with water.

024.JPG

7. Celebrate.

beer_toast-912.jpg

:lol:

Just goes to show you that women know how to clean things the right way...haha.. men..... immediately went to the sanding/chemicals... pshh...! :happy:

Jen

Archived