Cultivated Reef

Kat's Pico: Fashionably oops!

metrokat

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm renaming this thread Kat's colorful pod city to give Guppy a run for his glowing pico.

Don't forget to post your FTS / FES . I don't want to beat you by default.

Motherload of updates!

First, the Pico has been moved next to the BC.

Second Bubba the sexy shrimp in the pico died. My first casualty in any of my tanks. sniff.

Third, I added sand, the bare bottom was visibly awful if you can't get the schmutz out.

The nano mag has scratched the acrylic badly, making picture taking very difficult and the pictures awful.

I now have 2 heaters in the silly pico and the temperature still feels cool to me!

Added:

Pulsing Xenia

Acan

Assorted zoas and palys

Blastos

Now the proof in the puddin':!

FTS today

IMG_3736.JPG

Baby aiptasia was hanging on to the tank till he sensed sand :lol:

IMG_3737.JPG

Clear side view because I don't use the nano mag there:

IMG_3739.JPG

Lots of salad leaves in here:

IMG_3740.JPG

I like the top down view of the tank a lot

IMG_3742.JPG

Oh and the lid doesn't fit properly because of the 2 heater wires. Major PITA

Alright, so how come nobody is pointing out how inadequate my filtration is in this tank?

I've got one little piece of LR around which I have wrapped the caulerpa runner. That is it. Granted I have a lot of macro, I even have one mangrove in the HOB and I have the sand (which is new so not exactly established). Other than that I have a dead brain coral skeleton with coralline on it.

adding back the piece of LR I had before is on my mind, will seriously use up space unless I can find some rubble some where.

OR

bring back the tonga branch....

but seriously, how come no one pointed out my lack of natural filtration in this tank?

because everything is blocked by algae. jk.

you could use some more rock like you said. but youre ok now for minimum livestock that you are running here. a few corals and a snail or something right?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Kat,

Your tank seriously looks like when I go diving in the shallows at some beach sites in Monterey. The array of macrro algae is impressive!

MG

• 3 weeks later...

Really pretty setup this, sooooo colourful :)

Looking for inspiration for a new 2g Pico i've acquired and am impressed with the algae idea now :)

Do you water change each week? Thanks :)

Archived