Cultivated Reef

Kat's Pico: Fashionably oops!

metrokat

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
love the asterina! does it have a name?

Twinkle

I noticed a three legged star on my glass today.. I think my Asterina split... or had an accident.

they grow back apendages rapidly I'm told.

i saw mine today for a bit then it decided to hide in the rock work again. sneaky little bugger.

One of my blue ones likes to hitch a ride on a dwarf cerith

• 2 weeks later...

THE TANK IS A CESSPOOL OF ALGAE!

Display macro algae that is. :lol:

IMG_20111209_121224.jpg

Now I have so many different macros that I needed more space for them, so this tank went from a "garden idea" (oh that's right I did not fully "reveal" my plans for it did I?) to a holding tank for softies and macros. They all seem to be faring well.

I got a nano cleaner for the glass and now at least I can see the inhabitants, but compared to glass, this tank is really poor for visibility.

• 2 weeks later...
uh huh, you haven't been following my BC thread have you, I'm the ultimate re-scaper.

nothing wrong with a re-scaper. ;) perhaps I should checkout your BC thread sometime to witness the mastery.

nothing wrong with a re-scaper. ;) perhaps I should checkout your BC thread sometime to witness the mastery.

Please do. Although I put a post on the RSM thread showing the various stages of the BC scape. And sinc eI just started the thread it is only a couple of pages.

check out kat & max thread now you can see the scape queen in action. what ever happened to the branch piece kat? that piece was nice

KG is teaching it to be purple.

It looks like a salad. ;)

This pico does for sure!

New Year Update. Moved most corals out of the tank and now it it almost strictly macros except for some Blue Cloves, Anthelia, the Kenya tree and Xenia.

POD CITY!

Macro list:

Mangrove

Ulva

Green Gracilaria

Red Gracilaria

Eucheuma

Laurencia

Flame Algae

Red Titan

Fire Fern

and some others that are unidentified

surgicalsense

I see what you mean by cesspool. But honestly Kat, it is still very pretty. Maybe just super full ;) is all. I like the little sexy shrimp, too.

Kat- I really like the direction that you have gone with this tank. Remember that we still have 10 months to go, we are really still at the beginning. At this point your pico is surely a force to be reckoned with!

Archived