Cultivated Reef

Anyone buy frags off Ebay?

JDK

I have been browsing around ebay for frags and have found a few sellers with good frags and lots of positive feedback. Was wondering if anyone has experience with an ebay frag purchase?

These are the selllers I have been looking at:

-austinaquafarms

-goldenbasket8

-lareefs

-reef_a_holic

-rnegret258

-donavonsreef

I buy from Lewis at LAReefs all the time, great frags and quality shipping. He also has a website and will combine shipping.

I have also bought from goldenbasket8 excellent shipping and beautiful product!!!

Hope this helps

I buy from Lewis at LAReefs all the time, great frags and quality shipping. He also has a website and will combine shipping.

I have also bought from goldenbasket8 excellent shipping and beautiful product!!!

Hope this helps

Yeah goldenbasket seems to have really good stuff and I am a fan of the auction style instead of "buy it now". Thanks for the input

Matt @ Austin Aqua Farms is a great guy. I have bought from his ebay and then went and picked it up to do a little extra shopping. Great seller with great stuff.

Reefpets used to be in the same shop. Gary moved reefpets to Kentucky but still has great stuff as well.

Reefpets used to be in the same shop. Gary moved reefpets to Kentucky but still has great stuff as well.

Yeah I had reepets on my list but I think he is in Ohio now. I live in Cleveland and he offers pickup in Broadview hts. which is very close to me. He has great stuff.

AustinAquafarms has amazing acans and reefpets must share a supplier or something cause they tend to have the same type of things. The AAF stuff is usually bigger closer to colonies rather than frags.

Don't forget about me. Reefgardener_net I will have a whole bunch of Halloween auctions coming online Tuesday evening. I've been selling on Ebay since 2004 and have lots of satisfied customers.

I also have a website with cheaper prices: Reefgardener.net :)

I haven't ordered from goldenbasket8 yet but I plan to. Heard nothing but good things.

Once I'm ready to buy a few things I'll bid on several auctions and make a bulk purchase from them.

Don't forget about me. Reefgardener_net I will have a whole bunch of Halloween auctions coming online Tuesday evening. I've been selling on Ebay since 2004 and have lots of satisfied customers.

Everytime I checked your ebay sales all I ever saw was "buy it now" corals which frankly I hate. I would much rather bid on corals and try and get a deal. I could be wrong but I thought it was reefgardner cause I have you saved on my favorite sellers list. Just checked today and I see lots of auctions. Have heard great things about your service and corals but im not interested in the buy it now feature. Stick with the auctions. Nobody wants to buy it now when shipping is more than the coral itself. I like goldenbasket cause they have pages and pages of corals all that are auctions. I want to be able to buy multiple corals and combine the shipping bc it is so expensive to ship. I think if you did more auctions with lots of corals you would have less profit margin but higher volume sales which would make up for the lost profit margin. Just my .02 . Sorry if I have you confused with another ebay vendor. Checking out your auctions now!

I've bought a few from lareefs, austin aqua, reef pets. It can be hit or miss bc a lot of the corals are fresh cut, but I've had some good success with some.

I do have to admit though, when I buy from LAreefs, IDK what kind of lighting they use, but the corals TOTALLY change color in my tank, which is MH. I bought some orange/red acros, which turned blue gradually. The corals are healthy and what not, but I dont quite understand the color change.

JDK: Actually my buy it now items are very popular with many people, but I do try to mix it up and put auctions on every few weeks or so. I will be putting on another series of auctions for this coming week, with many rare corals that I only have one frag of.

Unlike most sellers, I do not charge extra shipping fees for additional corals. You can buy as much as you want for a set price of $35 (east coast overnight) and $40 (west coast). Orders of $250+ ship for FREE

Happy Halloween!

We have some sweet treats on auction now that are ending tonight.

I will also be posting a a whole bunch of rare corals on auction for this coming week. These deals will disappear soon, happy hunting!

Ebay store

http://stores.ebay.com/Reef-Gardener

Website

REEFGARDENER.NET

Free eye balls and brains for all wicked ghouls and boys in every order!

Your pictures kill me, what gorgeous colors.

JDK: Actually my buy it now items are very popular with many people, but I do try to mix it up and put auctions on every few weeks or so. I will be putting on another series of auctions for this coming week, with many rare corals that I only have one frag of.

Unlike most sellers, I do not charge extra shipping fees for additional corals. You can buy as much as you want for a set price of $35 (east coast overnight) and $40 (west coast). Orders of $250+ ship for FREE

Happy Halloween!

We have some sweet treats on auction now that are ending tonight.

I will also be posting a a whole bunch of rare corals on auction for this coming week. These deals will disappear soon, happy hunting!

Ebay store

http://stores.ebay.com/Reef-Gardener

Website

REEFGARDENER.NET

Free eye balls and brains for all wicked ghouls and boys in every order!

I do not doubt they are popular but 65$ for a maxi mini when I can get it for 20$ negates any extra 3$ per coral shipping fee even if I buy 10 other corals. Even if I bought just one maxi mini from GB is would be less than 100$. I am in no way trying to change how you operate I am just telling you how I see it as a consumer. I know you have a great business and loyal customers but I am a shopper and I am priced out of your ebay store there are just too many other vendors who auction coral, which in my mind represents the true market value. Looking forward to your halloween auctions

I understand. I do have a huge selection of corals and maxi nems. I am always willing to do coral packs for customers if they send me their budget and what they are looking for. I have maxi nems as low as $20, I just don't have time to post everything I have. I have done plenty of package deals for Nano-reef members. I also recently added a reefing on a budget section to my web site. I'll be adding more stuff to it this week, just been super busy with moving to our new place.

http://www.reefgardener.net/categories.php...ing-on-a-Budget

I understand. I do have a huge selection of corals and maxi nems. I am always willing to do coral packs for customers if they send me their budget and what they are looking for. I have maxi nems as low as $20, I just don't have time to post everything I have. I have done plenty of package deals for Nano-reef members. I also recently added a reefing on a budget section to my web site. I'll be adding more stuff to it this week, just been super busy with moving to our new place.

http://www.reefgardener.net/categories.php...ing-on-a-Budget

Sounds good I would be interested in a coral pack I will let you know. Good luck with the move.

I have been browsing around ebay for frags and have found a few sellers with good frags and lots of positive feedback. Was wondering if anyone has experience with an ebay frag purchase?

These are the selllers I have been looking at:

-austinaquafarms

-goldenbasket8

-lareefs

-reef_a_holic

-rnegret258

-donavonsreef

Be careful with the last two they saturate like cornbred.

They are all buddies

May I suggest reefbeyondbelief. I've ordered from them 5 times now, differing weather conditions - Florida summer and cooler weather. The only post auctions every one or two weeks, but it's very much worth the wait.

I bought these three frags in yesterdays auctions. They always end on Sunday nights....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180746236552?ssPag...984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180746237464?ssPag...984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180746244109?ssPag...984.m1497.l2649

I also use the 3 day shipping method - all the way from california. In the 20+ frags I've ordered, only had 2 DOA.

May I suggest reefbeyondbelief. I've ordered from them 5 times now, differing weather conditions - Florida summer and cooler weather. The only post auctions every one or two weeks, but it's very much worth the wait.

I bought these three frags in yesterdays auctions. They always end on Sunday nights....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180746236552?ssPag...984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180746237464?ssPag...984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180746244109?ssPag...984.m1497.l2649

I also use the 3 day shipping method - all the way from california. In the 20+ frags I've ordered, only had 2 DOA.

Yeah I have seen them and have them saved in my "favorite sellers" tab on my ebay account.

Found out reef_pets is local to me and I can pick up which is awesome no shipping charges. Same goes for tidalgardens which is a coral greenhouse local to me but they list very few frags maybe 10-20 a week

Archived