inTank Media Baskets

TUO 7.5g Mr. Aqua Cube

TheUnfocusedOne

TheUnfocusedOne
Nice hair algae.

Looks like one of my old tanks.

You get my stamp of approval!

There's a reason why it looks like one of your old tanks...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheUnfocusedOne
No he just took down tank to avoid embarrassment.

No i didn't.

I've just been neglecting it.

~2 months without a water change or cleaning the filter material and I still got some serious growth on one of my SPS. whut up bishes.

I cleaned it up yesterday. I'm moving in a bit so I'm still reluctant to put any serious money into it...

• 3 weeks later...
NanoTopia

Cheapest way to help with an algae problem is CUC. Long term however will take other methods like nutrient export products, etc. I am running GFO in a small reactor I designed for my pico. It works amazingly, so far Zero algae.

TheUnfocusedOne

Well yesterday was a successful day. I added 12 new frags to the tank, as well as a lovely little clam.

I also bought an acropora crab, which is the cutest thing. It's smaller than my pointer finger nail, and is spending its time chilling on one of the new frags. Hopefully I'll be able to add some pics sometime soon, but my only method of taking pics is my phone.

Nice cube. I was skeptical about them at first, but I like mine after I set it up. I love those little acro crabs - I use to have several that I got on maricultured colonies.

TheUnfocusedOne

Yeah he's really cool. Any suggestions on feeding him? I was just going to drop a piece of mysids by him every once in a while.

Normally, they will only leave the colony to feed at night and they won't go very far. If he becomes tame, then it might work, otherwise he'll do fine scavenging.

TheUnfocusedOne

Cool, good to know.

Hopefully my frag will grow out quick and he'll have more of a place to hide. Right now he's just chillin on a single branched frag :lol: .

TheUnfocusedOne
get your mrcoral junk yet

Yeah I got it Tuesday. I've been meaning to snap some photos. I'll get a pic of my clam up in a minute.

It's a bit hairy just to warn you.

I impulse bought a MP10 last night as well. Hopefully will be here next week.

TheUnfocusedOne

Alright here teh clam

Clam2.jpg

I'm also making meth now

Glass.jpg

Wow that pic is tiny, wtf.

Edit: Thats better

TheUnfocusedOne
lol did you steal labwear from work? why did you foil the condenser tubes

It's old EPA glassware. I was planning on distilling gin with it, but I decided against it since I haven't a clue what went through it before.

They foiled the glassware, I haven't a clue why.

I'll probs make my first batch of meth sometime soon. I'm planning a Breaking Bad lifestyle.

• 2 months later...
It's old EPA glassware. I was planning on distilling gin with it, but I decided against it since I haven't a clue what went through it before.

They foiled the glassware, I haven't a clue why.

I'll probs make my first batch of meth sometime soon. I'm planning a Breaking Bad lifestyle.

Expecting Grandapafeathers?

• Like 1

Doin a cube no water yet but it's all diy well except some equipment. Nice tank i decided against par bulbs and am diying my own.

Archived