inTank Media Baskets

TUO 7.5g Mr. Aqua Cube

TheUnfocusedOne

TheUnfocusedOne

I added a couple of asian shore crabs to my tank to force a cycle. They're invasive, and I hate them so if the cycle doesn't kill them (and I doubt it will), I'm gonna.

This is why it's nice to have a garbage disposal :happy:.

I keep promising pics, and I keep not delivering. I'll do it eventually.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheUnfocusedOne

If I had one I would certainly be feeding them to it.

This was a big weekend! All systems finally go, with my nitrates staying at ~0 for two days. I went out and purchased a small set CUC. 2 hermit, 2 atrae snails, 1 cerith and a stomatella (hooray!). The asian shore crabs have been elusive... I only catch a glimps of them once in a while. I'm planning on putting in a bottle trap and catching them sometime soon (lil bastards!).

In other tank news, I got my shipping orders from BoostLED and inTank, which means that this tank will soon be full armed and operational!

I also went through the box of goodies some douche left at my house when he moved. Free pH probe for my RKL! I also found out that if you leave the testing solutions in the test tubes for long enough, they all turn orange and stand the glass. I might need to steal some booze and NaOH from work and etch the glass to clean in... Alcohol + strong base = ultimate glass cleaning.

Here's a crappy phone camera FTS! I need a camera, or atleast someone with a good camera to come by.

photo.jpg

That BOC also came with this guy:

photohead.jpg

Finally, I managed to sell a book one of my former roomate threw out for $90 (idiot!), so I'll be buying something sweet soon. Probably more stuff for my RKL.

In other tank news, I got my shipping orders from BoostLED and inTank, which means that this tank will soon be full armed and operational!

kittydestroyer.jpg

Aren't you lucky to get such awesome stuff from some douche.

TheUnfocusedOne
Aren't you lucky to get such awesome stuff from some douche.

Best. Douche. Ever.

I'm pumped for all the random crap, I appreciate it.

TheUnfocusedOne

Everything is moving alone nicely. My snailies are cruising around my tank.

However, I might of caught an asian shore crab eating my stomatella :angry:.

Here's a fun pic from last night.

photo1.jpg

My astrae snail decided to occupy the shell of my wealthy cerith snail. He wanted redistribution of algae.

/terriblepolitcaljoke

TheUnfocusedOne

After some thinking, I'm going to be removing those bastard crabs tonight.

Cutting the top off a bottle of water, sticking into the sand and putting some food in it. Boom, instant crab trap. I'm sure those stupid little things won't know how to get out of it....

Anyone know any good recipes?

TheUnfocusedOne

Didn't get around to making a trap last night. I'll be doing it when I get home from work today. Pics of the results to come.

My light and inTank order should be here tomorrow! I should have some Zoas in the tank this weekend too!

TheUnfocusedOne

Well I went home today and finally set up a crab trap.

trap.jpg

I watched one of the crabs wander closer and closer to it, with no satisfaction! The termerity of the crab was driving me crazy! He kept getting close, then running away. I finally left the room, and came back to this.

right-1.jpg

front.jpg

Hermit guard giving the prisoner a good talking to. I'm not sure I can consider him fresh fish, but a trapped crab is good enough for me.

I think there's only 1 crab in there. There was three originally, so fingers crossed they died and were eaten by the other crab.

Big day tomorrow!

Well I went home today and finally set up a crab trap.

I think there's only 1 crab in there. There was three originally, so fingers crossed they died and were eaten by the other crab.

Big day tomorrow!

Geesh, I am so freakin' jealous. I've set six crab traps and never caught anything but nassarius snails.

TheUnfocusedOne

Can anyone suggest a good affordable refractometer?

At the moment I'm getting my saltwater from my old school (we check it there), but I garentee the Ca and others are really low.

Coralz on teh Sundays.

TheUnfocusedOne

Hey everyone.

So big updates! I got all my major stuff this past week. I purchased an AC50, which I've modded out to be a fuge. Right now there's chaeto in it. I also have a light on a reverse light cycle in there, as well as some chemipure which doesn't fit in my AC20. Here's a pic of the AC20 with my inTank crap in it.

IMG_0188.jpg

My par30 also came, and is kick ass. Here's a FTS:

IMG_0187.jpg

Made some tasty seafood risotto last night.

IMG_0186.jpg

Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!

Cheers.

TheUnfocusedOne

Another package came yesterday. I've offically got my ATO and pH probe up and running!

I've got a new heater and a refractometer coming in the mail. Should be here Monday!

Been having some problems with an ammonia spike in my tank. It's not high, but it's also not 0. Everything, including the zoa frag I got this weekend, is looking pretty good. I'm not convinced that my test kits are good...

It'll be nice to get a refractometer finally. I've been relying on my old school to provide me with water. We check it with a salt probe before we take it home. The salt level is lower than I'd like, but it's all I can get right now. Beggers can't be chosers and whatnot.

That's all for now, hopefully will have some nice pics up soon. I really do need a camera!

TheUnfocusedOne
That Par30 bulb looks like it is really close to your water. You might want to get it a bit higher. Like your scape!

I've moved it up a bit. I'm new to LEDs so I'm trying to figure out the best place to put it. I'm at work most of the day so I don't get to see it in action for very long :tears: .

I like the rock scape as well, it's come out nicely! The rock is really nice too, it has all sorts of peaks on it that my snails/hermits like perching on.

Oh I forgot! I now have mini brittle stars in the tank! I dropped a shell from my GF's tank that I loaded up with the little buggers, and I got to watch one creep out last night.

Archived