SaltCritters.com

2.5ish gallons of Ye Olde Booty

ApiratenamedJohn

ApiratenamedJohn

CURRENT FTS

6497478769_1272610d63_z.jpg

the glass needs cleaning but i havent found anything that im confident in using to scrape the tank with.

although this tank is more then likely coming down so i might not clean it at all.

SUMMARY

ok so i spent all day looking for the 2 gal deco kit so i could join the walmart deco kit competition. i looked to no avail. well the last place i checked was my not so lfs (Tropical Haven). anywho they had the 3 gal deco kit for 45 buckaroos. so i swooped it up since it was about the same price as the 2 gal shipped. i also picked up some live rock, dry sand, thermometer, a can of "wildflower blue" spray paint, and some super glue gel.... any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

STOCKING LIST as of 11/26/11

porcelain crab

pom pom crab

3 sexy shrimp

blue hermit

assorted snails

assorted zoas

pom pom xenia

GSP

clove polyps

macro algaes

DISCLAIMER

all photos will be with my iphone 4 until i can afford a shnazzy camera like the rest of yous.

I'm not a fan of rock wall scapes (I didn't even know people used those anymore), but you did a nice job at making the tank look larger than it really is.

ApiratenamedJohn

post-68009-1319391861_thumb.jpg

thank you tam. here is the shot you requested.

I'm not a fan of rock wall scapes (I didn't even know people used those anymore), but you did a nice job at making the tank look larger than it really is.

haha i guess im just kickin it old school.

post-68009-1319392108_thumb.jpg

side shot.

ApiratenamedJohn
Love the nooks and crannies on the rock wall and all that open space!

I love the open space too. But I'm thinkin I might get a nice purple rock from my lfs to seed the tank since all the rocks in there dried out for a couple days. They will sell me one right out of their display so I know it will be teaming with life.

ApiratenamedJohn

Yes but I suggest buying dry rock to do it. I didn't realize I'd have to dry the rock out so much. At least it was all just sump rubble. And I used loctite super glue gel.

• 3 weeks later...
ApiratenamedJohn
yea yea yea!!!

hahaha sorry i have been laggin on this. but here it is. i dont think i will be running this little tank much longer though. i picked up a bc29 on black friday for 150 so i think i will be transferring everything over once it has cycled. i filled the tank yesterday and it just a big tank of cloudy water still. lol so it might be a while.

here is Winston the yellow clown goby

post-68009-1322377095_thumb.jpg

ApiratenamedJohn
looking good, since the rocks are glued to the wall, keep this tank too?

Idk, maybe. We might use it in the future. Or I might put it up on here for sale. I haven't decided yet.

Taking it down!! Ah man I picked up a korilla nano for you for $5 & was going to surprise ya... No worries I'm sure I'll find a use for it lol

ApiratenamedJohn
Taking it down!! Ah man I picked up a korilla nano for you for $5 & was going to surprise ya... No worries I'm sure I'll find a use for it lol

Deng dude I had no idea! In light of that I might have to keep it up! Lol that means I could turn the bc29 into a dwarf lionfish tank if I did keep it up.

Hand it over!

Hasselhoff the sexy shrimp

You name dyour sexy shrimp hasselhoff? :lol:

ApiratenamedJohn
Hand it over!

You name dyour sexy shrimp hasselhoff? :lol:

Hahaha yeah, the next one I get is being named uncle Joey. Lol

Hand it over!

LMAO Kat!! If he's not going to use it, it's yours... I seen he was looking for one a couple weeks ago, so I decided to apply an early Santa. I dont post a lot but I do read a lot on here lol. So im hoping for it to arrive this week & depending on what hes doing with his tank we will see who Santa visits first :)

ApiratenamedJohn
LMAO Kat!! If he's not going to use it, it's yours... I seen he was looking for one a couple weeks ago, so I decided to apply an early Santa. I dont post a lot but I do read a lot on here lol. So im hoping for it to arrive this week & depending on what hes doing with his tank we will see who Santa visits first :)

Ill take it. And thanks a lot. If there is anything I can do for you just let me know. The fiance is wanting to do a semi aggressive tank with some hawks and i want a dwarf golden moray so this way everyone wins. :)

You floppy have saved this tank from being dismantled.

• 2 weeks later...
ApiratenamedJohn

while in sac this weekend i got some sexy shrimps thanks to a tip from floppybass. he also hooked it up with a power head he picked up for cheap. unfortunately i couldnt get it to work. still he is a great guy.

this tank will probably be broken down. the inverts will go to the 14 and the corals will be distributed between the other two tanks if i do. the rocks will go to the 29 as well.

6497457451_2dfb98e218_z.jpg

blue mushy we picked up.

6497455981_fd261cf0a1_z.jpg

pamela the sexy shrimp

6497454421_be8e1d2218_z.jpg

6497453697_31749fa06f_z.jpg

6497452929_0202ed0d1f_z.jpg

6497450667_7aa5ba2909_z.jpg

Stamos aka uncle joey the sexy shrimp

6497443625_6bed908a3b_z.jpg

hasslehoff was not happy with the newcomers hogging the spotlight.

6497433345_bac050dd66_z.jpg

bruce the porcelain crab

and last but not least......

6497429997_c1d925463e_z.jpg

alfonso the pom pom crab. although you can barely see him in his cave.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad your keeping this tank going, & super bumbed that the nano isn't working...... What the deuce! It was working when I received it, guess I'll be keepin an eye open for another one.

Archived