SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 55g Makeover » Second Time's the Charm!

yoshii

DSC00007.jpg

I saw that that was on yesterday, looks like the most boring show ever

Try not to much more tho :)

omnomnom FRUCTOSSSEEE >:D

BEST. SHOW. EVER.

They're like "Dude, I think I heard a branch snap. :o ONOZ WE GON DIIIIIIIIIIE AHHHHHHHHHHHH wdf is that on the rainbow camera?? DX OMIGOOOSH ITS BIGFOOOOOOT AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH -runs after bigfoot- BIIIIGFOOOOOOOT >:U" and then the girl is all like "y'all are dumm cuz y'all rna after him and we doesn't we doesn't like stuff and odn't do tht!!! >:("

I like it when they say that something is "squatchy"... I like it even more when they make their bigfoot calls. SOOOOOOO COOOOOOOLLLLL. :o

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats on the new camera!

Also, that big foot show kinda scares me :scarry:

It scares me too. I have to have people sit in the room with me while I watch it. :(

Here's the footage being investigated tonight...

Having trouble with the scape, I'm trying to get a pile of rocks to not look like a pile of rocks <_<

I'm going to look up further inspiration

Having trouble with the scape, I'm trying to get a pile of rocks to not look like a pile of rocks <_<

I'm going to look up further inspiration

Post pics of progress

Sorry guys, I was eating dinner

Post pics of progress

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

Still just moving rocks around and stuff

Trick or treat! :D

Virtual candy? :o

Here's a Smarties

I think it looks good so far. I like the big structure on the right. I dont know if i could create a decent scape in a tank that big. I wouldnt know what to do with more than 3 or 4 rocks.

I think it looks good so far. I like the big structure on the right. I dont know if i could create a decent scape in a tank that big. I wouldnt know what to do with more than 3 or 4 rocks.

Lol yeah I'm used to scaping nano and pico tanks :P

i leik teh rox :D

They texture is really cool. That will be awesome for frag plugs.

I know, I love their texture! :D

Photos, new camera, and a mounted light!

I am pleased :P

You have quite a bit of rock!

:happy:

Yes I do! I'm definitely taking out quite a bit of the old rock, but I'll have to see how much I use on the left side

Here's what I changed so far, I really wanted an overhang on the right side but I think it looked kinda weird with the rock I'm using. I think now it looks like 1 huge rock

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

Idk what I'm doing on the left side...ignore that for now

THE LEFT SIDE IN FRIGGIN PERFECT!!!! OMG SO AMAZING PLEEEEASE LEAVE IT!!!!!

Make the right side better. :)

EDIT: A 3-4" sandbed will make everything perfect!!

THE LEFT SIDE IN FRIGGIN PERFECT!!!! OMG SO AMAZING PLEEEEASE LEAVE IT!!!!!

Make the right side better. :)

EDIT: A 3-4" sandbed will make everything perfect!!

You think so? to me it just looks really random/unnatural

Yeah I have 60lbs LS right now, I might pick up 20 more pounds this weekend if I want more

Euphy, any suggestions on how to "make the right side better"?

Make it look less like a blob... Maybe add some "shelves" and such. Things that you could put coral on.

Make it look less like a blob... Maybe add some "shelves" and such. Things that you could put coral on.

That's why I wanted the overhang :/ Idk how I would fit shelves in, without just gluing them to the side (look fake)

Maybe small piece would work?

altolamprologus

I like the idea of two big islands on the sides and a tiny one in the middle. Stick with that but somehow make the right side better. Maybe make a cave for NPS? Maybe some dendros? Aquarium concepts has frickin awesome carnations right now...

You should come to my house with that new camera of yours...you know, to hang out and talk about nerdy fish stuff and get awesome pics that I would never be able to take by myself.

I'd break the bigger rock into little 6" chunks. So much easier to scape with those. Big rocks look better in the several hundred gallon tanks in my opinion. ;)

be careful though...don't want to end with a pile of rubble.

suggestion-try and make an arch between the right side and middle...fishies love archs

Archived