inTank Media Baskets

Outlets710
Here is my new set up. Tank is AGE 42" X 22" X 24". Thought I would need 3 lights but getting away with 2 with good spread. Still trying to tweak the settings. I had the light housing built specifically for the AI SOL

I like the color scheme, what variation is that and what do you have it set at for night?

Deleted User 4
thanks, have not yet set up a tank thread

Why not man? I would love to subcribe to your tank thread if you had one up. :lol:

Does any one know with the AI rails if you can mount the Sol parallel to the rails?

Yeah. Search back a bit on this thread. Another member posted pics on how to cut the plastic arms to shorten them so the SOL hangs from the rails by the heat sink.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I just set up a sol blue on a 18x20x18 cube. Nothing in it yet. It's about 10" off the water. LOoking for some advice on setup. Anyone have a breakdown for a similar size tank I can follow?

• 2 weeks later...

Also posted here:

"AI has also put together an upgrade path for current AI Sol owners who will have the ability to transform their Sol for $250 to $300, which includes a lot of new components and is just a little more than half the cost of a new AI Vega. Aqua Illumination expects to be shipping the AI Vega to distributors in August, so it’s just a matter of time before we can all get some action with the exciting new AI Vega Color and Vega Blue."

Read more: http://reefbuilders.com/2012/06/22/ai-vega.../#ixzz1ypmwnqFv

If the SOLs can be upgraded how do you upgrade the 3 color SOL to 6 colors of the VEGA....and do you need a new controller too or will there be a firmware upgrade to control the additional color channels?

The new controller looks great, and with wireless option!

Looks sweet! Guess I'll have to sell my controller and get that once released.. Can't wait for some of these upgrades!

Edited by mpsti05
reeferbarra20

I'm so happy that AI is supporting the SOL to Vega option. Can't lose either way.

Can't wait till my Custom 60 cube gets here . My living room is going to be BRIGHT! X)

So I have been pondering the whole VEGA or Radion debate for some time now and every says how the price of the Radion is to high.

But thinking about it AI said the VEGA is gonna sell for $500 in a Blue or White model like the SOL. Now if you want to make it a full spectrum you'll have to order new pucks, im guessing at least 100-200 for them. Then you still need a controller. The new one looks like its be atleast from 100 if not 150/200. So if you fallow the math the Vega is gonna be the same if not more then the Radion when all said and done.

Look on premium aquatics site. The 500$ vega is blue. Royal blue. Deep blue. White. Deep red and green. Only extra cost will be controller

Yeah but thats unofficial. AI ( I forgot where) said the initial batches will only be in blue or white. Even if so your still 600-700 so if you have an MP Vortceh you might aswell spend the extra 50 for them to sync up.

True. A month ago I was faced with this decision and decided against the radion bc their was no word on if it'd become Mac compatible. And now ai will have a iPhone app