Innovative Marine Aquariums

saltwatercoral
Just put 8 new Sol fixtures over our 300 display. We are very pleased with the color so far, can't wait to crank it up after everything is acclimated.

mg3264.jpg

Very Nice! What settings did you start off with and what are you at now?

saltwatercoral

Not too sure but here is the exact pic that AI has on their site and it shows a very big difference between the SOL and VEGA. I will post pic’s of the SOL and the new "VEGA" so you can see the difference! Obviously the VEGA has what looks to be 5 LEDS vs the 3 that the SOL has. THE SOL has the WHITE, BLUE and the ROYAL BLUE. I am just assuming that if there is now 5 LEDS that there would be a BIG change!!! Also after close examination you can see 4 circles in the VEGA in between each of the visible LEDS Lenses... I don’t know if this is just for looks or if this is another 4 LED's that are going to be in the unit? Anyway, here are the pic’s...

This is the CURRENT SOL BLUE

SOL.jpg

This is the new VEGA

VEGA.jpg

You all tell me what you think?

saltwatercoral

Here is a close up of the NANO but the new NANO and the VEGA are just about the same thing. The only difference is the NANO is hlaf the size as the new VEGA.

Closeup.jpg

saltwatercoral
Did you miss the announcement that the vega will be 8 colors?

I guess I did, haven't been looking since I got the SOL's. The VEGA was taking to long, lol. When did they announce that?

saltwatercoral
On the 4th. 8 colors with full control.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/05/04/full-sp...-ai-vega-color/

Just checked, and....

Yup, I pissed my pants!

This is why I am seeing so many SOLs goin up for sale! It looks like my 3 will be going up for sale here soon as well!

good! this will drive the price down for sol's and i can pickup another one or two for cheap for my new tank! haha they sol's are good enough for me.

Outlets710

I figured no one would know better than the owners themselves, why ask LFS w one sided opinions or distributors trying make their weekly qoutas when you guys know for a fact.

In a nut shell, I love the colors you can get from the AI SOL , especially the deep blues, , timers, all of it, grt light. I was either going to get an ATI or the SOl, only thing holding me back from purchasing the SOL is one of the LFS tells me ill be having a hard time growing sps, any truth to this?

I have seen some awesome pics of tanks with these lights on this topic how long have you had the AI?

ANy help would be greatly appreciated, about to go nutty over this lighting situation.

I figured no one would know better than the owners themselves, why ask LFS w one sided opinions or distributors trying make their weekly qoutas when you guys know for a fact.

In a nut shell, I love the colors you can get from the AI SOL , especially the deep blues, , timers, all of it, grt light. I was either going to get an ATI or the SOl, only thing holding me back from purchasing the SOL is one of the LFS tells me ill be having a hard time growing sps, any truth to this?

I have seen some awesome pics of tanks with these lights on this topic how long have you had the AI?

ANy help would be greatly appreciated, about to go nutty over this lighting situation.

I have no issues Growing them. that said I'm still not thrilled with the coloring I'm getting. Ive been tweaking them for the last 4 months trying to get the coloring to my liking. I have kessils on my other tanks and would love to be able to replicate the color of those but cant get it right... still trying
saltwatercoral

I have a 120g up and running now for about 3+ months and have seen good growth! I am also just now increasing my intesity every 2 weeks to get better coloration and growth from them as well. I am going for a all SPS/Acro tank. Your LFS as you said does not have the full picture IMO.

Outlets710
I have no issues Growing them. that said I'm still not thrilled with the coloring I'm getting. Ive been tweaking them for the last 4 months trying to get the coloring to my liking. I have kessils on my other tanks and would love to be able to replicate the color of those but cant get it right... still trying

your fanastic, thats the exact feedback im looking for, thanks,

I have 2 t5s and 19 watt panorama on a 16 nuvo, the led completes the lighting .

So figured going all leds would do it, but thats one of the things like about the ati , plug it in and go, little concerned about what its going to take to get color I like, thanks again

saltwatercoral

Since my last bump was not a big one at all I decided to Bump up the blues some more. I left the white alone since white penetrates the water more than blue. This is why I bumped the blues some more. So here are my current settings:

White-Blue-Royal Blue

7AM: 20-35-35

9AM: 25-40-40

12PM: 30-50-50

2PM: 40-60-60

3PM: 40-60-60

5PM: 30-50-50

6PM: 25-40-40

8PM: 15-25-25

10PM: 0-1-0

2AM: 0-0-0 (lunar on - Lights out from 2AM-7AM)

On your Kessil tanks, do you just have it 'light on light off' or is there something else besides the 1 light? I really want the A350w but I just can't get past the lack of control lability.

Here is my new set up. Tank is AGE 42" X 22" X 24". Thought I would need 3 lights but getting away with 2 with good spread. Still trying to tweak the settings. I had the light housing built specifically for the AI SOL

post-59248-1336947798_thumb.jpg

Deleted User 4
Here is my new set up. Tank is AGE 42" X 22" X 24". Thought I would need 3 lights but getting away with 2 with good spread. Still trying to tweak the settings. I had the light housing built specifically for the AI SOL

yoo nice tank, you don't have a tank thread??

On your Kessil tanks, do you just have it 'light on light off' or is there something else besides the 1 light? I really want the A350w but I just can't get past the lack of control lability.

just lights on lights off.

Outlets710

Very classy, love the buffet, Noticed much growth so far with new lights?

Very classy, love the buffet, Noticed much growth so far with new lights?
Tank is an upgrade from my 28g nano. Had the same lights over that tank and coral growth was crazy. Have it set higher now so still tweaking the settings.