Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ok. My tank now has 1 AI SOL (white version), 2 blue stunner strips and 1 magenta stunner strip. With the SOL at peak, the difference is minimal. However my hope is that with the addition of the color supplementation, the corals color up more. We'll see.

The iPhone can't really pick up good colors, but here goes...

Lights are 40w and 60b. Any higher and you can't really tell the difference in a picture.

1 Blue Stunner

decee112.jpg

2 Blue Stunners - Note the difference in brightness from one strip vs. the other. The darker one has been running 8 hours a day for about a year (3000 hrs). I wonder if that was darker from the beginning or did it dim over time and use??

d46e5f89.jpg

2 Blue Stunners and 1 Magenta Stunner - The magenta is BRIGHT when the whites are low or off. It almost overpowers the blues and makes it hard to focus on stuff. Maybe the eyes adjust to it? I'm thinking I might run it from 4-8 then let the blues dim down from 8-10. Idk.

55010e0b.jpg

Green Monti Cap with Blue Only

IMG_0040.jpg

Same Monti with Magenta on

d359ddde.jpg

Lastly, crappy photo but shows how intense the magenta is with no whites.

Without

20ed5a8f.jpg

With

dc590ad2.jpg

i can totally see the difference in color with the magenta and blues for your AI SOL White..

i just hope someone here will post a post of AI SOL BLUE and a magenta.

how does it look like in person to you? do you see a difference? cause i know how bad iphone cameras are at getting focused under LED's lol

I have 2 Magenta Stunners, they did help with reds, but didn't like all the associated wiring that went with them. 1 used for about an hour, the BNIB if you're interested.

I have 2 Magenta Stunners, they did help with reds, but didn't like all the associated wiring that went with them. 1 used for about an hour, the BNIB if you're interested.

got pics?

Pics of the actual stunner's or of it mounted on the tank?

mounted on tank with the AI SOL blue on..

just 1 stunner if thats cool i only got a ada 60-f

I didn't think to take pics with it on. It's not a huge dramatic diffierence, just a little warmer than the AI's by themselves with better coloration on the reds/oranges.

Vega is gonna be wild. 8 colors and each led is controllable

Where did you hear this, I haven't heard anything other than W/B/RB.

I'll take the other one if you can ship it :)

pschom, how did you mount the strip to the sol? just double sided tape? i'm thinking about putting the magenta on a timer and have it run for about 6hrs a day. that way atelast everything is still on a timer.

did you notice any difference in your coral color? the way i'm thinking is that a friend of mine has a pinkish T5 bulb, and it seems like thats what makes his sps color up well. it's worth a try.

Edit: went to ikea and picked up these for $40. 6 watt, 4 bars of LEDs but I'll just use one maybe two. You can adjust it to whatever color you want so I can go magenta or deep red. 6 watt too. We will see how they look with the sol and see how the coral react to them.

0617086d.jpg

Edited by Flexin5

Yeah I just used the supplied tape and stuck it to the bottom of the SOL. Really all I can do cause I don't have a hood or anything.

I havent been home enough with work to really see anything. I'll take a look at it this weekend for sure.

The AI website still just shows the w/b/rb for the vega. i wonder if the 8 color will come out at the same time or if we will have to wait longer for it. I think i might try the magenta strip and see how that looks with my AI SOL BLUE.

Not sure if it was just my eyes but I came home right at the end of the stunner strip timer. When it turned off it appeared that there was definitely a color change in at least one sps. I'll update tomorrow.

well i installed my stunner strip. is it me or when it's on while you have the sol at anything decent you can't really see the magenta? if i turn it on when the moon lights are on it's the red light district so the coral must be getting some of it.

7144047825_04aa59fa0e_z.jpg

i can't really pick up a different on/off pic with the camera.

Edited by Flexin5

Flexin, im sure the LED from ikea is not designed for reef tanks so it might not be penatrating the water all that well.

SO AI is making a Vega that looks like christmas and a VEGA thats W/R/RB?

so im guessing one is for Supplements the main?

Ai talks nothing about the the Vegas specifics on there website. All it says is coming soon

yeah i wonder whats up with that, but if reef builders has it right the vega is gonna be pretty crazy.