Top Shelf Aquatics

What did you switch from? If anything. In a shallow tank like that (mine too) I'd turn it to 10/20/20 and go from there. Leave it at that setting for 3 weeks and slowly bring it up like 3-5% every week-two weeks. Seems excessive, but everything will be better for it. I definitely scaped my new shallow with light intensity in mind.

Im starting a nano for the first time using leds. I had broke down my previous tank and am back into the hobby with leds. Some of the corals i got from a lfs others from hobbiest. I know the water Q is good and the flow is good but cant seem to figure out intensity. I will be getting a 16 inch deep tank soon and will transfer everything. It just seems to me leds are really powerful. What would you start on a 16 inch deep tank?

acropora1981
Im starting a nano for the first time using leds. I had broke down my previous tank and am back into the hobby with leds. Some of the corals i got from a lfs others from hobbiest. I know the water Q is good and the flow is good but cant seem to figure out intensity. I will be getting a 16 inch deep tank soon and will transfer everything. It just seems to me leds are really powerful. What would you start on a 16 inch deep tank?

Are you using ai sol units? This thread is not a general led thread. It's for the ai units.

Any thoughts on this timer set up for my nano? I'm shooting for a good sunrise/sunset with the moonlights on all night.

Timer 1-10:30 AM- W5 B50 RB20 -120 minute ramp up

Timer 2-1:00 PM- W25 B66 RB10 -60 minute ramp up

Timer 3-5:00PM- W55 B50 RB18 -60 minute ramp up

Timer 4-10:00PM- W5 B40 RB35 -60 minute ramp up

Timer 5-11:30PM- W0 B0 RB2 -10 minute ramp up-lunar cycle on

acropora1981
Any thoughts on this timer set up for my nano? I'm shooting for a good sunrise/sunset with the moonlights on all night.

Timer 1-10:30 AM- W5 B50 RB20 -120 minute ramp up

Timer 2-1:00 PM- W25 B66 RB10 -60 minute ramp up

Timer 3-5:00PM- W55 B50 RB18 -60 minute ramp up

Timer 4-10:00PM- W5 B40 RB35 -60 minute ramp up

Timer 5-11:30PM- W0 B0 RB2 -10 minute ramp up-lunar cycle on

Why so shy with the rb? It's gonna look kinda washed out/greeny with all that blue and so little rb.

What are the dimensions? How high is the unit going to be from the surface? Depends on coral placement too. As a general rule I'd say don't go over 30% at first. Probably for the first month or so. Then you can start adding some par. Just pay attention to it. If your stuff starts to shrink up all the time then it's probably getting too much.

There's a very good article on South Florida Tron's thread that explains PAR ratings of three different. The main different types of LEDs out there right now check that out. On my tank which is 12 inches deep I have the SOL module mounted 11 inches from the surface and I don't turn it up past 70 and I think I was bleaching things around 55 at first so again start around 30 and you should be good

Edited by pschom

I just picked up a AI Nano for my Biocube HQI, I used the supplied mounting arm. I mounted it to the back false wall and supported the weight by securing two chains to the rear of the Biocube. I then trimmed the back covers.

1q1zjk.jpg

30iictw.jpg

I have a new question. I have my floor standing AI SOL Light Stand built and in use. Looks good and I will

post pictures of the 80/20 frame inspired by rbaby as soon as I get my disco light off of the stand.

My corals on the whole seem to be doing well under a minimum photo period at just 30% intensity max and only about 5 hours under the white light for now, but my Candy Canes have ejected quite a few heads over the last couple of days. I need a water change, but my parameters aren't anything out of the ordinary or at least nothing my tanks hasn't been through weekly. It could be the flow, I did adjust my Tunze 6055 slightly, but I am still thinking the lamp might be the most likely problem is the light since it is the most radical change. Anyone had a problem with Candy Canes ejecting their heads with the SOL?

Michael

Im seeing if someone has had the same problem. I just purchased a second Nano and hooked it up yesterday. Everything is on but the new nano is emitting more blue than royal. I properly connected and powered on the units so i have no idea why the colors are off. Is there a way to calibrate it? Is there a break in period for LEDs?

Any help with be appreciated

MooseBranch

Random thought.

I notice I see a bunch of ppl saying they have an AI SOL Nano. Aren't the Sol and Nano 2 different lights?? Or am I missing something? lol

Sweet lights though

Count me in the club.

I got the AI Nano last week. Everyone was right the light is great the mount sucks!!

At first I hung it from the ceiling but I didn't like how it looked.

I have 28G JBJ Nano and the overflow is right in the centre of the tank where the light needs to sit. The problem is even if you find a way to make it fit the braces on the mount would block the overflow.

The solution I came up with was to build a frame out of 1/2 inch acrylic to secure to the plastic ridge of the tank and then mount the light on that.

Anyway I think it turned out ok.

supplies and the frame I fabricated

post-60169-1332790836_thumb.jpg

I ran a bead of model glue on the underside and secured it to the tank rim.

post-60169-1332790925_thumb.jpg

All mounted

post-60169-1332790976_thumb.jpg

Front View

post-60169-1332791019_thumb.jpg

Added bonus is the frame hides the equipment in the sump

post-60169-1332791046_thumb.jpg

acropora1981
Im seeing if someone has had the same problem. I just purchased a second Nano and hooked it up yesterday. Everything is on but the new nano is emitting more blue than royal. I properly connected and powered on the units so i have no idea why the colors are off. Is there a way to calibrate it? Is there a break in period for LEDs?

Any help with be appreciated

Contact the store which you purchased it from. There is no breakin period.. Sounds defective to me.

Contact the store which you purchased it from. There is no breakin period.. Sounds defective to me.

Ive been in contact with AI's support. It looks like the LEDS are different.

This is blue at 5%.

post-71609-1332861525_thumb.jpg

Ive been in contact with AI's support. It looks like the LEDS are different.

This is blue at 5%.

post-71609-1332861525_thumb.jpg

so what are they going to do to resolve the issue

so what are they going to do to resolve the issue

I can send it to AI and they'll change out the LEDS or send it back to Salty Supply for another unit. Either way ill be without a light for a few days. (sad face)