Pod Your Reef

75 gallon rimless tank, 20in deep, 2 ai nano units over it with the factory mounts. Just purchased some sps saw some light bleaching so I cut them in half as follows;

2:00pm 5/20/20 60m

4:00pm 15/30/30 30m

5:30pm 30/30/30 30m

6:30pm 10/25/25 30m

9:00pm 10/10/10 60m

10:30pm 0/2/0 15m

12:00am 0/1/0 5m LUNAR

Anyone have a better schedule or any ideas how I could better my corals and heal them from their minimal bleaching, also I get up early and go to bed before midnight usually so I would like to see something going on in the tank in the early am. Just looking to see if anyone has any thoughts or ideas.

Thank you guys.

3:00am OFF

how long is your tank? wondering if you could have enough spread with just 2 modules?

The tank is 48inches long. And i started with 2 and there was too much shadowing at the edges so i added the third. In my opinion you need 1 for every 18inches of tank to get optimum coverage

The tank is 48inches long. And i started with 2 and there was too much shadowing at the edges so i added the third. In my opinion you need 1 for every 18inches of tank to get optimum coverage

How far above the water edge is your's hanging? And how deep is your tank? I am getting a 42" X 24" deep tank and have 2 blues. Wondering if I can get away with the 2 or I need to get a 3rd.

Add me to the club! All tho this tank is temporary as i'm having a tank built and got this loaner from a friend to start the cycle process. It will be a 18x18x16 custom built tank using the AI Nano Sol Blue. After a week i noticed in a completely dark room that my tank has a constant low intensity flashing caused by a heartbeat LED when using the controller. If i remove the controller, no flashing, install controller, constant flashing. Anyone noticed their tank doing this? Anyone got a solution for this?

IMG_0874.jpg

75 gallon rimless tank, 20in deep, 2 ai nano units over it with the factory mounts. Just purchased some sps saw some light bleaching so I cut them in half as follows;

2:00pm 5/20/20 60m

4:00pm 15/30/30 30m

5:30pm 30/30/30 30m

6:30pm 10/25/25 30m

9:00pm 10/10/10 60m

10:30pm 0/2/0 15m

12:00am 0/1/0 5m LUNAR

Anyone have a better schedule or any ideas how I could better my corals and heal them from their minimal bleaching, also I get up early and go to bed before midnight usually so I would like to see something going on in the tank in the early am. Just looking to see if anyone has any thoughts or ideas.

Thank you guys.

3:00am OFF

Here's mine

6 am 1/6/6 30m

8 am 3/8/8 30m

9 am 8/16/16 30m

10a 19/28/28 100m

1p 18/27/27 100m

5p 4/20/20 30m

7p 2/14/14 30m

9p 3/8/8 30m

12a 4/4/4 15m lunar on

Have been running this last 2 months with great growth. Also get that bluish look in early am and late evening for better viewing (in my opinion) when I am home or guets are visiting.

Add me to the club! All tho this tank is temporary as i'm having a tank built and got this loaner from a friend to start the cycle process. It will be a 18x18x16 custom built tank using the AI Nano Sol Blue. After a week i noticed in a completely dark room that my tank has a constant low intensity flashing caused by a heartbeat LED when using the controller. If i remove the controller, no flashing, install controller, constant flashing. Anyone noticed their tank doing this? Anyone got a solution for this?

IMG_0874.jpg

I had a similare problem, mine happen when a storm would hit though, it would light up blue instead of white...Also my settings would never stay...Go into your controller and go to the mode other I think it is called and reset your controller to factory..When it asks if you really want to reset it, click yes...This worked for me and also for some other people who were having issues.

Robert

Just joined the club myself last week! Swapped out my stock Biocube HQI metal halide fixture with DA moonlight pods for the black Aqua Illumination Sol fixture. Just hung the light today. (See image below) What a big difference. Colors pop! Super programmability with the added controller. Just a really nice product.

Special thanks to Flexin5 for his posts on modding the brackets.

led1.jpg

led2.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

Keep the current scape if your new tank is the same dimensions. Love it.

Just joined the club myself last week! Swapped out my stock Biocube HQI metal halide fixture with DA moonlight pods for the black Aqua Illumination Sol fixture. Just hung the light today. (See image below) What a big difference. Colors pop! Super programmability with the added controller. Just a really nice product.

I did the same on the HQI when I had it. Look great! Does it work well with the DA controller? If you could tell me a little about it I'd appreciate it. I'm looking into getting one. Thx

Quick questions guys:

I just got my AI Sol installed over my 30g tank last week. So far, my max intensity is at 50%White,40%Blue, 45%RoyalBlue, from 12PM - 4PM. I have a few monti caps in there, but no acros. Can I go to my LFS and get a few acros, or should I wait a few weeks until my intensity goes up to 80%+?

I don't want them to brown out, but will they at 50% intensity? My monti's look great!

I did the same on the HQI when I had it. Look great! Does it work well with the DA controller? If you could tell me a little about it I'd appreciate it. I'm looking into getting one. Thx

Hey pschom,

Sorry but I am not using the Reefkeeper to control the AI Sol. I also purchased the AI LED Controller with my lights and I am using that to control them. I sold my DA Moon Light Controller and pods on Manhattan Reefs forum this weekend. I've also read that the Reefkeeper can control these lights. I would suggest checking out the DA forum or call their support line for assistance on configuring it. I like using the AI Controller.

Sweet setup you got there!

Jesse

Got in touch with AI about the tank flashing caused by the heartbeat led. They said its normal to have the heartbeat led flashing if you have the controller. They said the fix is to use a permanent black marker and to black out the led, but in the same sentence they said if you do you void the warranty as they dont recommend it! They also said there is no upgrade to fix this issue! I cant believe any of you AI users haven't noticed this. I cant believe i'm the first to notice and ive only got the light for a week!

Edited by reefsahoy
Got in touch with AI about the tank flashing caused by the heartbeat led. They said its normal to have the heartbeat led flashing if you have the controller. They said the fix is to use a permanent black marker and to black out the led, but in the same sentence they said if you do you void the warranty as they dont recommend it! They also said there is no upgrade to fix this issue! I cant believe any of you AI users haven't noticed this. I cant believe i'm the first to notice and ive only got the light for a week!

I wonder if this is unique to the Nano. I haven't noticed this activity on my Sol and I have the controller plugged in. I will be looking for it tonight though.

put one of those little white sticky dots over it then it can be removed as to not void the warranty

How far above the water edge is your's hanging? And how deep is your tank? I am getting a 42" X 24" deep tank and have 2 blues. Wondering if I can get away with the 2 or I need to get a 3rd.

the tank is 24 deep and the lights are about 7.5 inches off of the water or about 6 inches above the top rim of the tank

Lol still don't understand why I'm not mentioned as part of the club but here goes again.

SWC is probably too busy with his new monster. I was like #3 or 4 here, so.....welcome! I hate you though for being able to maintain starfish. I want a fromia pretty bad and I've tried two...they spill their guts. Maybe I'm acclimating wrong??

Hey pschom,

Sorry but I am not using the Reefkeeper to control the AI Sol. I also purchased the AI LED Controller with my lights and I am using that to control them. I sold my DA Moon Light Controller and pods on Manhattan Reefs forum this weekend. I've also read that the Reefkeeper can control these lights. I would suggest checking out the DA forum or call their support line for assistance on configuring it. I like using the AI Controller.

Sweet setup you got there!

Jesse

Oh that's strange. I could have sworn I saw a Neptune controller on the from of your stand. Thanks for the comment!

put one of those little white sticky dots over it then it can be removed as to not void the warranty

great idea! why didn't i think of that! see what happens when you post! thx

lol :P

anyone figured out how to take good pictures of the tank when using leds? i cant seem to get white balance to lock in correctly. picture doesn't look as nice as real life!

Special thanks to Flexin5 for his posts on modding the brackets.

led1.jpg

led2.jpg

Looks great man! glad i could help! the black casing looks good because it matches the biocube.

SWC is probably too busy with his new monster. I was like #3 or 4 here, so.....welcome! I hate you though for being able to maintain starfish. I want a fromia pretty bad and I've tried two...they spill their guts. Maybe I'm acclimating wrong??

Oh that's strange. I could have sworn I saw a Neptune controller on the from of your stand. Thanks for the comment!

i had a fromia before, guy was awsome, but my stupid emrald crab started to eat him. i heard that they can't meet any air while acclimating and are sensitive to saltinity changes...but aside from that it was pretty low maintence? crappy LFS is taking 2 months so far to get more in.

great idea! why didn't i think of that! see what happens when you post! thx

lol :P

anyone figured out how to take good pictures of the tank when using leds? i cant seem to get white balance to lock in correctly. picture doesn't look as nice as real life!

what are you using to edit your photos? i normally use photoshop and you can slide the temp.scale to the proper white balance, it's hard to capture the color with the camera so i just use AWB and edit later.

Edited by Flexin5

So how many AI users keep S/T Plates? Just curious if there was any correlation with LEDs and plate mortality... I had a green/purple that didn't make it and heard stories that I'm not alone. Still, I've heard others have better luck with orange plates under LED's.

Anyone have any experience?

So how many AI users keep S/T Plates? Just curious if there was any correlation with LEDs and plate mortality... I had a green/purple that didn't make it and heard stories that I'm not alone. Still, I've heard others have better luck with orange plates under LED's.

Im questioning it but not all LED's as i have 3 that were under LED par bulbs and looked fantastic. now they are under the SOL's 24inches under water and they look like crap. My Monti's are growing like weeds. Im thinking ill move them to my frag tank and see if they change

so far i haven't had noticed any negative affects but i've only been running the light for 3 weeks. i can't imagine why someone would have a problem unless they are burning them up.