ReefCleaners.org

I programmed my nano last night with the AI Sol controller...what a pain in the butt. I had to go through each timer at least 5 times to get it right, the thing just jumps around and does whatever it wants sometimes. I have read about these things being jumpy, but I am having a hard time believing mine's not broken. I finally got it programmed, but I'm considering contacting AI to see what they say. I'm not sure what software mine has on it, but is it true that they released an updated software that helps reduce this?

I programmed my nano last night with the AI Sol controller...what a pain in the butt. I had to go through each timer at least 5 times to get it right, the thing just jumps around and does whatever it wants sometimes. I have read about these things being jumpy, but I am having a hard time believing mine's not broken. I finally got it programmed, but I'm considering contacting AI to see what they say. I'm not sure what software mine has on it, but is it true that they released an updated software that helps reduce this?

Mine is a bit jumpy, but not like you are describing. Not constantly.

I recently picked up a Sol Blue unit but without a controller. Without the controller the unit operates at 100% so for the time being I will just raise the unit, but my question is how high should i put it up to allow the corals to adjust to the increase in PAR? Currently my tank has a DE 150W halide about 5 inches from the top of the water. I'm guessing 24" should be a good starting point but would like opinions if possible.

I will be getting a controller in a couple months.

Try to slow down...sometimes it takes about 4 clicks to get to the next screen . I think they are testing our patience.

You can connect it to your computer with a mini usb cable and download any updates, although this is not necessary if you have a unit released after June of 2011

Go to the ai site, hit: products, nano, then support.

Replicates the moons cycle. So you would set it on 8 ( or your personal preference ) and it will dim daily until black, then brighten up daily until full and on and on... Make sense? It actually makes the tank act differently vs no cycle. My inverts molt with the lunar cycle and it's my belief that it's only natural. I can even predict the day that my blood shrimp will molt based on where I'm at with the lunar cycle. I'm sure other things happen, but that's the most obvious one I've seen. Hope that helps.

Replicates the moons cycle. So you would set it on 8 ( or your personal preference ) and it will dim daily until black, then brighten up daily until full and on and on... Make sense? It actually makes the tank act differently vs no cycle. My inverts molt with the lunar cycle and it's my belief that it's only natural. I can even predict the day that my blood shrimp will molt based on where I'm at with the lunar cycle. I'm sure other things happen, but that's the most obvious one I've seen. Hope that helps.

Ok... I think I understand...

So, say I set it on timer 8. My W=0, B=2, RY=2, but the Blues and Royal blues would change daily, your saying.(to replicate the different phases of the moon?)

Yes but I doesn't have to b on timer 8. I was referring to the intensity of the blues. I have my Lunar on 8 max, but some people like it lower or not on all night...etc.

If you have access to an Ikea, they have some pretty cool looking black floor lamps with black ribbed conduit on the ends. Might be able to gut one and then run your wires through it for a really clean install. Would probably just need to make a simple bracket to mount the SOL to the light stand. Also seen some pretty clean looking SOLs mounted with the hanging kit from a shelf over the aquarium. See below...

Hi,

I am in the process of planning my AI SOL (I own a Profilux, so I gotta have an AI :) ). I downgraded from my 100 gallon to a Solana last year to gain back some real estate for my wife since she is still the boss. I just can't figure out how to mount my SOL on the Solana without dismantling my tank for a few hours. That is something I don't want to do and where my tank sits getting to the back is difficult. Has anyone seen a floor standing light tree? It seems like my easiest. I have been googling my fingers off and haven't found one yet.

Michael