ReefCleaners.org

The Unofficial WalMart Pico Contest

streetsong

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all of you who would like to enter the contest but are unable to get a tank: just remember that there is a one month open enrollment period. There is still time.

On a personal note- this hobby has changed my life. (I'm sure many of you can relate) I have been dealing with a debilitating disease for the past five years and my aquariums help me to keep balance, perspective and respect for the fragility of life.

I have never done anything like this with an on-line community, but the excitement alone is therapeutic.

Thank you for making it worth it

I can't wait to see how all the picos turn out! I'm planning on getting my tank in the next few days. I think it'll be easier to start a pico now that I have some experience with them.

It's great to see another sponsor for this contest, too!

Big Al's Pets has them for $45. Still not too bad for a pico kit. Assuming that Walmart doesn't get any in the next few days, that's where I'm planning to get mine.

Big Al's Pets has them for $45. Still not too bad for a pico kit. Assuming that Walmart doesn't get any in the next few days, that's where I'm planning to get mine.

I think that it is better to give $15 extra to Big Al's than to purchase at Walmart even if they are in stock. Walmart is evil imo.

If fact, I ordered my tank from Big Al's yesterday. Y'all can start dropping out now.

If Big Al's shipping seems high, Amazon has them for $53 with "free" shipping or from Big Al's with discounted shipping. At least for me Big Al's shipping was less through Amazon then through Big Al's website.

Oh and... Add me to the list!

Big Als' offers free shipping on orders over $75.00 and a 10% discount for nano-reef members on orders over $100.00. use code( nanoreef10 ) Such a deal. Not quite as good as the walmart clearance price but still not bad. Big Al's also offers a price match with certain restrictions.

Hope this helps,

Rob

PS, I've ordered from Al's many times and nothing but good experiences with them.

Now you tell me.....

Big Als' offers free shipping on orders over $75.00

Shipping method: Standard

Subtotal of Items: $69.97

Shipping & Handling: $10.99

Total for this Order: $80.96

Now you tell me.....

Shipping method: Standard

Subtotal of Items: $69.97

Shipping & Handling: $10.99

Total for this Order: $80.96

It is posted on their website. I'd give them a call and add a little something to the order to at least qualify for the free shipping. :)

It is posted on their website. I'd give them a call and add a little something to the order to at least qualify for the free shipping. :)

I have been pretty sick for the last couple days and everything is a haze. I seem to be oblivious to everything. I am happy with my order though. The only thing I have left to buy is an ato and I think that will have to wait for next paycheck.

Okay folks, Streetsong asked me to address a small issue.

Let's remember that if it was not for Walmart offering these Pico tanks we would not be having this contest. PLEASE if you have a comment about a vendor kindly limit them to your own thread or in the vendors section. We don't need any wars starting over this so let's keep to the topic of the contest rules and questions. Continued negative bashing on anyone or vendor can and will be grounds for removal from the contest............................................... :slap:

In other news....

Walmart is sold out on these Pico tanks and I highly doubt that they will be getting more as it was a clearance item. There are other online sources for this tank if you wish to obtain one. Big Al's is about the cheapest I've seen with their price coming in at about $45.00. Still not a bad price for this kit. They offer free shipping on orders over $75.00 and a 10% discount to Nano-reef members on orders over $100.00. They also price match with certain restrictions. See their site for more details.

Lastly, since we have such a good following and we are going to be in this for at least the next year, I think it would be great if we started signing our posted with our real names, kinda makes things a bit more personable. Perhaps Streetsong will add first names to the original post along with our screen names. Listing your location is welcome too. Let's have some fun, make friends and enjoy our happy little Pico's.

I'll start by saying "Howdy, I'm Rob from Tampa Florida" :welcome:

Well, that's a good excuse for me to refresh the page on Big Al's constantly. ;) I'm planning on ordering a heater and some air pumps at the same time so that I don't have to pay shipping.

I'm Mame from Boulder Colorado. :)

If you smacked me BEFORE I entered maybe I wouldn't be a noob with two tanks now!

hehe and miss the chance to collaborate over martinis? never.

More links to buy the kit:

$46 with shipping http://www.cardinalpetsupply.com/custom/ca...it.asp?p=266492

OP, if enough people still want in, a group buy/discount could be negotiated with the vendor (even Big Al's).

They could be given sponsor status since they would absorb perhaps the shipping cost or give a discount?

OP, if enough people still want in, a group buy/discount could be negotiated with the vendor (even Big Al's).

They could be given sponsor status since they would absorb perhaps the shipping cost or give a discount?

+1

Well, that's a good excuse for me to refresh the page on Big Al's constantly. ;) I'm planning on ordering a heater and some air stones at the same time so that I don't have to pay shipping.

I'm Mame from Boulder Colorado. :)

Hi Mame from Boulder Colorado, tis indeed a pleasure to meet you. :happydance:

I just completed an order with BA for needed supplies, not another pico. Hopefully, they will lower their price a wee bit for those who would like to make the purchase. Keep checking or better yet, call them. I've found their customer service to be fantastic.

Rob

Hi Mame from Boulder Colorado, tis indeed a pleasure to meet you. :happydance:

I just completed an order with BA for needed supplies, not another pico. Hopefully, they will lower their price a wee bit for those who would like to make the purchase. Keep checking or better yet, call them. I've found their customer service to be fantastic.

Rob

I think we've met before. ;)

I might contact them to see if they really plan on having the kits on sale. If a few people ask about it, they're probably more likely to do it.

By the way, Rob, didn't you order two picos from Walmart? What are you planning on using the second one for?

I think we've met before. ;)

I might contact them to see if they really plan on having the kits on sale. If a few people ask about it, they're probably more likely to do it.

By the way, Rob, didn't you order two picos from Walmart? What are you planning on using the second one for?

Yes, I did indeed order a second kit, it should be in sometime this coming week. I had planned on using the extra filter on my 10G for additional mechanical filtration and the perch light on a refug that I was hoping to make for the contest tank. I'm not sure if that's going to pan out. The extra tank I'm planning on using for mixing my salt water.

OH BTW, I think I made a post to one of your threads regarding a filter. Did you ever respond to it?? I think it was you!!!!!! LOL

Rob

Archived