Pod Your Reef

The Unofficial WalMart Pico Contest

streetsong

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pbjelly has been added to the list- Welcome! Great suggestions on categories. What if I replace the "best looking " categories with 2 that are more clear-cut. How about "fastest growth" and "best coloration" as suggested by pb jelly. Then freshwater folks will be included in all four!

Is everyone good with these four categories?

-Best use of original equipment

-Most creative

-Fastest growth

-Best coloration

If we can agree on these than I will add then to the rules along with corresponding prizes this evening.

Sending you :grouphug: so you don't feel left out. The world demands pic's of your new setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thx for the :grouphug: I feel better already.

I will be posting pic's of my setup later today - and the world will be sorry they ever asked -Muwahahaha!!!!!!

Prepare for war pbjelly

Majano ATTACK!!!

Ha! Your Majano cannot defeat the power of my secret weapon.

My name is pbjelly, you killed my flatworm, prepare to DIE!!!

I really wanted to join in on this contest, but with the walmart ones being sold out I cant fathom spending over 50$ on a TOMS branded item :(

Especially when you can buy the higher quality 3 gallon pico kit from DFS for 41...

I'm trying to track one down too and I contacted Big Als and they said they'd pass the word along and see if they can put the tank on sale since so many are interested. Maybe a couple more emails would help convince them!

we need a theme song. Walmart has an anthem they make everyone say at morning assembly in Arkansas. Anyone know what it is?

Probably somethin like "hur der derp were all here today. White trash the american way. Get yer guns, get er done, save some money, HAVE SOME FUN!"

Theme song:

"These are the picos, of Walmart. Through the cycles, algae blooms and fluro shrooms.

These are the picos, of Walmart. Where we like slugs, bristle worms, and certain germs."

Theme song:

"These are the picos, of Walmart. Through the cycles, algae blooms and fluro shrooms.

These are the picos, of Walmart. Where we like slugs, bristle worms, and certain germs."

haha, great one! Also Castiel, nice SIG, BUT- I found that poor shmucks shell. I placed it on a small ledge near the hole that he used as his new shell so he could see it when he hung his legs out of the rock. The next day he was back in his shell and now his life is restored.

Meth is a horrible drug for a hermit to get into. Could end up in a shell'less shelter

Eh, I still love the comment, so the sig stays for now. I'm actually kind of glad you found his shell for him and gave him his life back =0)

Eh, I still love the comment, so the sig stays for now. I'm actually kind of glad you found his shell for him and gave him his life back =0)

I so wish I got a pic of it. Some days he would just sit in the hole with his legs dangling out... all miserable lol

Im glad your keeping it, keeping the story alive!

Is everyone good with these four categories?

-Best use of original equipment

-Most creative

-Fastest growth

-Best coloration

If we can agree on these than I will add then to the rules along with corresponding prizes this evening.

Great contest guys!

Instead of "fastest growth" I would go with "most mature looking"

Meth is a horrible drug for a hermit to get into. Could end up in a shell'less shelter

LOL - this almost ended up in my signature...(might still, you never know)

And I agree with 'most mature looking' - fastest growth could just be a tank full of chaeto.

I think you should give strong consideration on a rule against plumbing it to another system. That would put some at an extreme disadvantage.

Sumping it should be considered as well. Someone could use a 75 gallon sump to safeguard against swings. However a 1 gallon sump would be cute as ####.

I believe both of these go against the spirit of pico. My .02

Great contest guys!

Instead of "fastest growth" I would go with "most mature looking"

Yes-Most mature looking is better. Thanks for wordsmithing this!

Our newest sponsor is Salty Supply. :) :) :) :) They are donating the fabulous prize of a Boston Aquafarms fragging kit. Thanks to Chris for his willingness to support our contest. So, please check out their website and return the favor. If you haven't dealt with them before, I honestly have to say that they provide incredible customer service.

We now have four great sponsors- One prize for each category. Check out the rules to see how I have matched them up.

Take it easy- Brandon

Wow, we are up to 14 peeps. This is really gonna be good. I'm stoked and ready for some really tough competition. B)

Archived