PJ86's Aqua One Panorama 60

pj86

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

34090992486_c4631b706a_b.jpg

34131463465_3b675a951f_b.jpg

I can't believe it has been almost three years since I posted an update! Life just keeps on flying by. Currently still in Austin, and plan to stay here for a good amount of time. 

I've upgraded the aquarium size about 3 years ago, as the smaller aquarium was no longer large enough to accommodate the corals. Recently I had to remove all the sand, as it was becoming a detritus trap. 

Will definitely be more activate in the forums from now on.

DSC07981.thumb.JPG.201cc96d3b408dd52f326a163f7d71a9.JPG

Heliopora coerulea (Blue Coral) close up, polyp extension. I haven't seen that many tanks with this coral. It is considered a soft octocoral. What is really interesting is that the interior of the coral is blue due to it being able to deposit iron.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:10 AM, pj86 said:

34090992486_c4631b706a_b.jpg

34131463465_3b675a951f_b.jpg

I can't believe it has been almost three years since I posted an update! Life just keeps on flying by. Currently still in Austin, and plan to stay here for a good amount of time. 

I've upgraded the aquarium size about 3 years ago, as the smaller aquarium was no longer large enough to accommodate the corals. Recently I had to remove all the sand, as it was becoming a detritus trap. 

Will definitely be more activate in the forums from now on.

I really, really like these tanks. 

Are they connected to each other at all?

They look as if they aren't, but should be.

Can you post more info about them?

29 minutes ago, pj86 said:

DSC07981.thumb.JPG.201cc96d3b408dd52f326a163f7d71a9.JPG

Heliopora coerulea (Blue Coral) close up, polyp extension. I haven't seen that many tanks with this coral. It is considered a soft octocoral. What is really interesting is that the interior of the coral is blue due to it being able to deposit iron.

Would love to see more info about this coral as well!!

Where did you get it?

7 hours ago, Weetabix7 said:

I really, really like these tanks. 

Are they connected to each other at all?

They look as if they aren't, but should be.

Can you post more info about them?

Would love to see more info about this coral as well!!

Where did you get it?

Thanks. They aren't connected, and I actually moved the smaller one yesterday to the kitchen. Ill update the info on them.

I got the Heliopora from the Fish Gallery in Houston about 5 years ago. They were small 1 inch frags from a breakdown of a customers tank. I like how it looks like a SPS but isn't. It has been a very adaptable coral also, has been in moderate to high flow, medium to high light, and appears to do well overall. 

mbarton2010
2 hours ago, pj86 said:

Thanks. They aren't connected, and I actually moved the smaller one yesterday to the kitchen. Ill update the info on them.

I got the Heliopora from the Fish Gallery in Houston about 5 years ago. They were small 1 inch frags from a breakdown of a customers tank. I like how it looks like a SPS but isn't. It has been a very adaptable coral also, has been in moderate to high flow, medium to high light, and appears to do well overall. 

I loved fish gallery. Haven't been to the Houston on in years. We have one in the Woodlands now

Nano sapiens

Very nice set of tanks!  The Heliopora is a really interesting coral and has only one species, H. coerula, which the fossil record shows has remained unchanged since the Cretaceous period (talk about a survivor!).  I'd imagine it grows rather quickly, too.

On 4/22/2017 at 0:56 AM, Mkbarton said:

I loved fish gallery. Haven't been to the Houston on in years. We have one in the Woodlands now

I really like the one near the Galleria, that is their flagship store. The one here in Austin isn't as big, but still nice.

On 4/22/2017 at 10:55 PM, Nano sapiens said:

Very nice set of tanks!  The Heliopora is a really interesting coral and has only one species, H. coerula, which the fossil record shows has remained unchanged since the Cretaceous period (talk about a survivor!).  I'd imagine it grows rather quickly, too.

It grows slower than a typical softy, @Nano sapiens. I really like how in the past 2 years it has gone from a flat growing coral to a vertical growing coral. I feel like it needed some growth before going vertical.

Nano sapiens
21 minutes ago, pj86 said:

I feel like it needed some growth before going vertical.

Just like an Acropora would do :)

Archived