Pod Your Reef

PJ86's Aqua One Panorama 60

pj86

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow - just Wow. Beautiful.

Do you have any issues with the current being too strong in the front of the tank for some of your corals? I've got an AC70 on a pico and I have lots of issues with coral placement - even with the filter modded - the flow is just too strong in some areas of my tank.

thanks pbjelly. Both AC70 are at full blast, haven't had any real problem with the placement of corals. Keep in mind the tanks width is between 5 inches to 7 inches, meaning the water hits the front almost immediately causing most of the current do be indirect.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks londonloco

So today my sexy shrimp decided to spawn again.

I decided to try to rear them

here is a video,

I will document progress in my sexy breeding thread.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
YCG are the cutest, they like to lord over the tank from the highest spot don't they. Such personalities. Your pics look awesome, such depth of color.

Thanks metrokat, yea love the yellow clown, such amazing personality. She literally comes and noms at my finger. Her personality is a perfect match to my yasha hashe goby and pistol who spend almost all day long under a rock and come out later during the day.

Your Picotope was my inspiration to start mine and you second tank is just as stunning!! :o

Thanks. I will post updated pics of this tank soon.

This is so sweet. The tank looks like a bowfront ADA 60-P IMO!

The quality is pretty good for a 70 dollar price tag, I wasn't able to fork out the money for an ADA yet.

• 1 month later...

Soon I will be connecting the cylinder and the nano. I have already gotten rid of one AC70. Also almost had a crash due to a sponge getting really angry, almost all the corals will be fine.

DSC09076.JPG

PJ, tell me about the cylinder, it's got chaeto right,

Edit: when you connect it to the tank, will it be in a different container/aquarium?

Yea it has chaeto. I have connected the cylinder but miscalculated the flow rate. It is up an running but I might do another one, with different flow rate.

• 4 weeks later...

Sad news, my yasha aka "Paul" decided to carpet surf this weekend, the weekend I actually decided to visit my gf.

Sad news, my yasha aka "Paul" decided to carpet surf this weekend, the weekend I actually decided to visit my gf.

Paul may have been paulina. She got jealous.

Seriously though, sorry for the little fishy loss. Hugs. :(

Where in Texas are you from PJ. That tank and the ecoxotics scream Aquatek from here in Austin. I've eyed that same tank plenty of times as a fun project to play with as my larger nano matures.

Thanks Jrmiller and metrokat.

iDerek I'm from Houston. Yea, the aquaone 90 tank was something I really liked, hope you decide to get it would like to see what you do with it.

New FTS. I might need to put this tank down also. I'm hoping a good outcome in the situation I am right now, if not I will need to move and the tank will be put up for sale.

I almost completed the display filtration/refugium/equipment display. I wish I had calculated the syphon better, I feel that there isn't enough turnover rate. I believe it is about 40 gallons per hour, I wanted it to be more like 150 g/h.

Also lost most of SPS. I believe I was under feeding. I increased the feeding and some parts are coming back.

Here are the photos.

DSC09177.JPG

DSC09179.JPG

DSC09180.JPG

DSC09193.JPG

DSC09194.JPG

DSC09191.JPG

Im liking the cylinder fuge. I cleaned it up, maybe some minor modifications and was planning on switching out the media for a DIY skimmer.

Archived