FTS 09/05/2013 1

FTS 05/22/2012 1, 2, 3
FTS 04/02/2012 1
FTS 02/20/2012 1, 2
FTS 01/02/2012 1, 2, 3
FTS 12/10/2011 1
FTS 11/13/2011 1, 2
FTS 10/27/2011 1

So decided to get a nano, this will replace my 2.5g. Here is a pic of the tank. It is currently cycling and I will post more pictures later, just wanted to get this thread started.

IMG_0456.JPG

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thadscottmoore
So decided to get a nano, this will replace my 2.5g. Here is a pic of the tank. It is currently cycling and I will post more pictures later, just wanted to get this thread started.

IMG_0456.JPG

That is one sweet tank! looking forward to the build!

How is your tank design wise? Uses rear chambers?

Looking into tank upgrades already lol

2 AC70 will hang on the back. I have had great success with them on my 3 gallon pico so will be using them in this design. For lighting I have gotten 2 ecoxotic PAR38 that will be fused to a current single satellite fixture to give a more even blue color. I'm trying to keep this design simple but will see where it goes. I will post more photos once the cycle had completed.

How far should these PAR38 60 degree optics be placed above the tank?

Final height.

The tank is about 12 inches tall and plan to have live rocks a little bit more than half way up the tank

definitely ask evil66 about that one since he makes them. my suggestion would be about 20-24" up from the sandbed.

How high do you have yours? I was planning on putting it 24" high from the sand bed, seems like most people put it that high.

So I assume one ac70 will be chemical filtration while the other is a fuge? Run any skimmers?

Yea, one will be a chemical filter and the other a fuge. I haven't found a appropriate size skimmer for such a small tank. I still think water changes will be the ost efficient way of keeping nutrients down.

SouthFlorida_Tron
Yea, one will be a chemical filter and the other a fuge. I haven't found a appropriate size skimmer for such a small tank. I still think water changes will be the ost efficient way of keeping nutrients down.

thats what i thought, and im getting good growth and colors, but could be better, im upgrading my tank for christmas to accomodate a skimmer..

Look into the Remora nano skimmer, nice hang on back....

i do not own a PAR bulb myself, but based on what evil66 was saying about them, that's the height I think would work best.

My DIY fixture of 6 Cree LEDs on my picotope is 11" above the sand level, but I am running the LEDs without optics.

needs some CUC next?

Time to set up the lights, I'm doing a 2 led lamp / 12 watt current satellite fusion. I like the color of the current satellite and am planning on using a 20k bulb on it to give a more even color to the tank.

Right after that clean up crew and the sexy shrimp will go in there.

this is going to be a sweet tank!!

Thanks

Update, the lights are up and I am going to leave the current satellite/ par bulb fusion. A few more things before I post some pictures. I need to give it a more clean look and get the second pico off the same stand.

sweet!!! Are you going with just the ac70's for flow? Love the scape and the light fixture!

Thanks. For now ac70 is going to be all the flow.

yes the pistol shrimp will disappear every now and then. I was lucky if i ever go to see my pistol shrimp out and about. get a goby for it to pair to and you will see it more often

Pictures will be posted this week. I cleaned up the pico and put several frags into this tank. Tank looks nice, didn't realize how big the corals in my pico were. Fragging them has made the pico much easier to care for.

I got a few frags of Heliopora and I believe it will be a nice addition to aquascape of the tank.

Archived